It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My views on IS, the ME, and terrorism in general

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The biggest threat to the US is the American Government and Corporation turning a blind eye to the American people and lack of jobs, The economic slowdown kills. jobs, tax bases and funds for all their high-tech wonder-weapons etc.

In the meantime, politicians/Corporate CEO fill their pockets while our cities and infrastructure crumble.

I would say that ignorance is our biggest threat. A well educated voter is the bane of the common politician.

Lobbyists and the whole system of lobbying should be illegal.

Regarding corporations: I fully understand why they move jobs overseas. IF you want to compete overseas, and in some cases here in the US you have to have your manufacturing base in Asia. The US is no longer corporate friendly, so to speak, and the cost of operating manufacturing in the US is too high to compete overseas. We do not need regulations on top of regulations. We have laws in place that are not enforced in the first place. Passing additional laws that will not be enforced is stupid.

I agree about the infrastructure/politicians comment, even though I do not understand the relevance of CEO compensation vs infrastructure.
edit on 3-9-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

The whole idea of lobbying is great but as it stands now has been corrupted by big money interests. The people have a right for a redress of greivences but when a multimillion dollar organization gets more influence than a regular citizen something's broken.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
The US is no longer corporate friendly, so to speak, and the cost of operating manufacturing in the US is too high to compete overseas. We do not need regulations on top of regulations. We have laws in place that are not enforced in the first place. Passing additional laws that will not be enforced is stupid.

I agree about the infrastructure/politicians comment, even though I do not understand the relevance of CEO compensation vs infrastructure.

Thanks for replying,

Not to get too far off topic and to be honest, this is a topic should have it's own in depth thread on the matter but CEO profit vs infrastructure?

They keep getting richer from their oversea investments, There was a time not too long ago where large corporations would build factories etc here in the States, which would create a larger tax base, then those tax dollars would be used to maintain our infrastructure etc instead of our present deficit spending.

It was symbiotic relation once upon a time...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
My view without stating the obvious is ISIL = Inadequte Spineless Inhuman Losers!!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I have not made up my mind regarding whether we should seriously take on ISIS or just let them do whatever in the ME. I hate the fact that the US, time and time again, has to take on the role of international police chief.

Re: Companies moving overseas: Several problems there...it exposes US interests to international drama. I understand why they do. There is no way to compete overseas and in some cases here in the US unless they make the move. The preference would be to maintain operations here, but our govt is a bureaucratic mess to deal with, taxes (if you cant avoid them) are the 2nd highest in the world, labor costs are high (relative to Asia), and govt regulations are insane. Not the intent of the regulations, but rather the hoops you have to jump through in order to satisfy the govt. I have experience in these matters and frankly, if I owned a manufacturing company I would likely move overseas as well. The only feasible manufacturing that can be done in the US is either assembly or small lot manufacturing.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
I disagree. The perceived threat to world order is IMO exactly what's needed, per say, to continue reordering the middle east into the new world order.
edit on 3-9-2014 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420
I do agree with a majority of your post. I do however feel that ISIS will, without a doubt, strike here in the US. Unfortunately I think it will be some kind of act that is so horrible that people will not be able to understand how any human could do it. I do not live in fear, I do not worry about what might happen, I just try to be observant of my surroundings, like walking across a road with heavy traffic...if the light shows you can walk doesn't mean a drunk driver wont run you over . I do hope that I am wrong about my suspicion on future events here in the US.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Without electricity, the world would be in utter chaos?

I can totally see myself stabbing someone in the neck because their fire gave-off more light than mine.../sarcasm

Cavemen didn't carve on cave walls without someone holding a torch for them? Cooperation being the key?

The fear of death is a knife at each man's throat, threatening to cut him down...the same way that if we stay grounded to this solar system, we will surely be erased?

Curve ball from the outfield?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
There's nothing new under the sun. We are born into bondage and for those in the "east" it is largely physical. For those born into the west it is largely psychological.

What I've noticed over the years is nothing short of a grand act where fools take center stage completely unawares. As soon as one of those fools cries foul another "plot" is injected into the storyline. Much like the show "Lost". Only recently did I notice people starting to recognize the tremendous social engineering being waged on us and than BAM! Beheading after beheading after beheading.

Out out brief candle.

Well said...

Ever notice how the media makes these beheadings lead stories, as if it is imperative that the vast public become aware of a vicious murder. As if the people in charge of the media don't realize that headlines give these foreign murders clout. Yea, right!!

Sure beheadings are fine to show, breastfeeding in public however is disgusting

top topics

<< 1   >>

join