It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 Facts About America’s Endless Pharmaceutical Nightmare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi
Lazy, greedy Doctors are a massive part of the problem. Too lazy to get to the root of a patients problem they give them Anti-Depressants every month and take their rewards from Big Pharma for doing so. Like someone once said, Doctors Destroy Health.

Not just in the US. Same in the UK. Rather than investigate why I had the symptoms of depression, my doctor kept throwing anti-depressants at me, for 12 years, even though they were ineffective. If it wasn't for meeting and striking up an online friendship with a psychologist, who made a more interested and positive diagnosis, I'd still be on them.

When we found the real cause of my depression (hormonal imbalance stemming from a previous cancer), and corrected it with hormone replacement therapy, I then fired my doctor telling her how incompetent she was.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
www.abovetopsecret.com...
CNN: Foster Kids Drugged At Alarming Rate some under one year old by CPS or after placement!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This video says there are 100 million people on Psychotropic drugs but that is not the main story of the video.
Basically it started with a 1967 meeting and how to control the emotions of a population by the year 2000. At approx 51 minutes in the video it says there are now 300 million prescriptions written yearly....

Chemical imbalance is a marketing tool used by the drug companies.

Nothing we can really do about it except refuse to be medicated for ourselves and loved ones. There are those individuals who absolutely need some form of meds to function in society but if some of the numbers are true there is something that just ain't right, IMO.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Interesting statistics OP, but I have a problem with number 10.

#10 An astounding 95 percent of the “experimental medicines” that the pharmaceutical industry produces are found not to be safe and are never approved. Of the remaining 5 percent that are approved, we often do not find out that they are deadly to us until decades later.

First off, I know it's true because I work in the IT department for a pharmaceutical manufacturing company and we have to go through yearly training for FDA and EMA (we sell to some countries in europe too). But that statistic is a GOOD thing. It shows that the standards for qualification for safe usage are VERY rigorous. It also shows that testing continues once the drug passes the testing phase by showing that recalls happen. Would it make you happier if that number were a lower percentage? A higher percentage would mean drugs would be even more expensive.

Did you know that less and less drugs are being approved by the FDA? The regulations are getting more and more stringent, and pharmaceutical companies are running out of combinations of different molecules to create different drugs. In fact the pharmaceutical industry is at risk of plateauing.

As it stands, the biotech pharmaceutical companies are posed to actually overtake drug based companies (pdf). So they are expanding into biotech now.

Pills are so 1990's. Y'all need to move into the 21st century of pharmaceuticals.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That comment makes no sense.

Nothing further to contribute from me...except, that comment made no sense and was irrelevant and after the fact.

Hence, made no sense

However, to each his/her own. I hope the "drugs" continue to assist whatever affects üyou. I mean that with the utmost sincerity...no sarc here.

Just hope you never need real medicine one day. In case you for got Medicine

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
antidepressants are not only used for depression but also used for neurological pain.

Elavil (amitriptyline) and Pamelor (nortriptyline) Cymbalta (duloxetine), Savella (milnacipran), are all use first on people with fibromyalgia and small fiber polyneuropathy.

they are also used to treat.

Arthritis
Nerve damage from diabetes (diabetic neuropathy)
Nerve damage from shingles (postherpetic neuralgia)
Nerve pain from other causes (peripheral neuropathy, spinal cord injury, stroke, radiculopathy)
Tension headache
Migraine
Facial pain
Low back pain
Pelvic pain

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No wonder the agenda against natural remedies and the pushing for safe alternatives is the main issue for the big pharma cartel.

The money gravy train can not be stopped, the profits too good.

Is America any healthier than 50 years ago? thanks to big pharma, hell not

Our life expectancy is riddle with illnesses we may live a littler bit longer but our quality of life is poor.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Occurs they are used to treat all kind of things that are related to pain, antidepressants numb the brain, the more they can be used to treat "other" issues, the more addicted people they have for life, meaning life time treatments for profits.

But the big pharma doesn't tell how many people die from taking this drugs and neither wants people to know the devastating side effects from them, like that they can have another pill to push to make you feel better.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

Most have.

Else there would only be homeopaths instead of doctors.

I'm curious: What is your take on homeopathy?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join