It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia executes 4 drug traffickers by beheading

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: la2
a reply to: boncho

It is right, the crime rate in Saudi Arabia is very low, only 230 murders in 2012, compared to 14,100 in The US

Saudi Arabia has a population of 29 million. Thats .000007931%
The USA has a population of 317 million thats .0000442006%
Neither are high murder rates

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I can't help thinking that if we applied this type of punishment for using a firearm in the commission of a crime, the gang problem/shootings in our inner cities would plummet.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Did they fade to black before doing the deed?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Everyone who is executed in Saudi Arabia has confessed to their crime, can the US claim that?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
hate to tell you drug trafficking is a capital offence (ie death), in many countries. so why the outrage with this one? is it because it is a Muslim country? is it because they choose beheading as their method of execution (actually a rather humane way to do it)? you really have to ask why these people would commit such a crime knowing the penalty. it's not like a murder (capital offense in parts of the US), where it might not have been meant to occur, or was a heat of the moment thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Everyone who is executed in Saudi Arabia has confessed to their crime, can the US claim that?

Damwel ... long time no see!!

Do you know why they confess?? If an infidel lies to a Muslim ... they cut your tongue out of your face.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A lot of countries have the death penalty. I agree though chopping off someone's head with a sword seems gruesome.
I believe Indonesia has the firing squad, Australia used to hang people, America has used the electric chair, gas chamber and lethal injection just to name a few. Other Muslim countries also have death by stoning which would be slow and painful. Firing squad is probably the quickest.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Drug Dealers Beheaded in Poppyland. Wonder who didn't pay off Obammy and the US Government. #Paging Eric Holder. Paging Eric Holder. Please wait....

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I will never condone beheading another human being. I think it's ok to hang them, electrocute them or shoot them by firing squad, but no human should ever have to go through being beheaded and no one should ever have to see one done. I wish I hadn't watched the ones that I did over the years, but it was me trying to understand and just to see it. I have a fascination with death, I guess. But out of all the crazy stuff that I've seen, the beheadings really bother me for some reason. I think it's the most brutal thing that can be done to a human, even above being burned alive.

But it seems pretty normal in the M.E. to behead. I guess it was normal in England for a time as well. Will it deter crime> It damn sure should.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join