It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Chief chokes the chicken, I mean beheads it! After beating it... with a shovel.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Not sure where to put this, I mean is there a stupid cop behavior forum?

Apparently beheading has been trending lately, and now even the police are getting in on the action. Must be all those damn ISIS videos.

Berger said he arrived at the home and chased the chicken in a nearby yard for 10 to 15 minutes before deciding to stop it with a shovel.

The police chief said he didn't want to dispatch the chicken with a gun because children were playing nearby. He also claimed he didn't realize the chicken's head had been left in the yard when he left the scene.

“I guess I don’t regret it, because it’s like taking care of any rodent in town,” Berger said.

Full Story

Ohh the hilarity that must've been. 15 minutes of a Cop chasing a chicken trying to not loose his cool.

Chicken Violated some sort of city ordnance so I suppose that trumps any sort of animal cruelty right? Beating an animal to death with a shovel then decapitating it.

What a rube.

It's called wringing the chicken's neck, not running around like a buffoon making a mockery of yourself.

Hide your cat, hide your dog, hide your chicken, they killing everyone's pets out heeereee

edit on 2-9-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

i dont suppose the police chief looked anything like this ?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

LOL

Possibly!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

How did you get that thread title past the censors
--- sorry mod's i will never know

no comment b4 i get banned

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Taxpayer dollars chasing the chicken....what a dumbass.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

A real story;

I had clicked a link in a thread pertaining to some huffington post link about rocks on Mars.... Lo an Behold to my right this story was begging to be clicked

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
OK the thread title had me first!
Way to "grab" your audience!
Clever use of words like dispatching the chicken! And don't shoot it off for the sake of the children!

OK..

Honestly if ATS could see me in tears right now from laughing so blessedly hard at the moment....

Orrrr. Do I owe an apology?

Yep...

Aside from something croaking it..

This thread made me day...
I will log off and peek..

Also just realised I have been a member over a year now...

What a ride! To end on a laughing note...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: solarstorm

Haha, if only there was a video, it'd be instant viral gold

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

DOOGLE IT!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Well at least we know why the chicken crossed the road.. because he was running from the dumbass with the shovel.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
He 'choked it' in more ways than one. What a sick...

More seriously:
That is cruelty, because it was inhumane. Hopefully-though as we're seeing it's too much to ask for in these cases- the local courts will see that and he is brought up on it. He didn't see the head project from the body while killing the chicken? Right.

An Internet search yielded that the family resides in a "small town", with they may not have an available animal control unit. However, a search shows "Humane Society of Kandiyohi & Meeker Counties". The Police Chief took it into his own hands when he may have had help from the shelter instead. More info needed on that if he even did contact them. IMO it should be a protocol for PDs to do so, instead of attempting to "euthanize" an animal-in this case a livestock animal not a rat, frog, or roach for those confused- with a blunt object to even in front of children(see kittens shot in front of children last year or so).

There's cases that are by far not new in "small towns" or even larger, it does happen, many of times not intervened with and accepted. But this day and age really? Must it persist? Almost if it's a punishment is bringing in more fear based emotions with citizens, especially the youth.

“I guess I don’t regret it, because it’s like taking care of any rodent in town,” Berger said.
- Op source Today a chicken, but that's okay, tomorrow a dog a because the owners haven't met city ordinance.
edit on 2-9-2014 by dreamingawake because: fixed.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What a freaking jackass. It's a chicken. It's probably far less dangerous than any other bird out there. Don't make the animal suffer because it's owners don't follow city ordnance. So many better ways to handle this situation.

Are we supposed to applaud him for not shooting at a chicken near children? For keeping the neighborhood safe from bird poop?

Trying to catch a chicken can be frustrating as ____ but you don't kill the thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Oh come on, what a stupid thing to do. It's just a chicken. Chicken. Not a rooster. Which also would have been just as inhumane. I lived in a neighborhood yeas back where someone had an illegal rooster (a no livestock ordinance) Nothing is more irritating than a loud, crowing rooster waking you up wandering the streets at the #&$crack of dawn, but I wouldn't have been OK with someone killing it.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

DOOGLE IT!!!

Some people say that is the way to the dark side

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
And the chicken never knew it was breaking the law.

Did they read it it's rights?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

DOOGLE IT!!!

Then color me black!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Oh come on, what a stupid thing to do. It's just a chicken. Chicken. Not a rooster. Which also would have been just as inhumane. I lived in a neighborhood yeas back where someone had an illegal rooster (a no livestock ordinance) Nothing is more irritating than a loud, crowing rooster waking you up wandering the streets at the #&$crack of dawn, but I wouldn't have been OK with someone killing it.

Half asleep here but...
Arizona was the last u.s. state to ask please! Stop!... back in the 1990's
When some perv.. exploited the flaw...
I seem to recall this being a hot mess of a topic in the E.R. in Reno treating hanta v...

Ya know...
Going to bed...
I'll let George noory tell me the truth!

DOOGLE IT!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

DOOGLE IT!!!

May thy crap hittith thy fan I sentith sir!!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
And the chicken never knew it was breaking the law.

Did they read it it's rights?

lol
you should be on stage

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
"So what did you do today Billy?"

"Oh I shot me a rottweiler. hyuk. dang thing near sniffed me. How about you Rodney?"

"Oh I shot me a box of kittens. hyuk. they were fixin to be infested with somthing, so.. I took care of business. How about you Joe?"

"I chased a chicken for 15 minutes then killed it with a shovel."

*entire PD stares at Joe*

^^ TRUE STORY GOD DAMN IT.

edit on 3-9-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join