It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Speech Of Qaddafi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

My father worked with Qaddafi on many projects for Malta and Libya well before the days of the EU where even one of the National Powerstations couldnt have even been built if it wasnt for Qaddafi's Support. From my point of view growing up, other countries and especially the EU and America started putting pressure on anyone who did business with Libya.

I remember the oil, sanctions were in place that stoped Malta buying direct from Libya....Instead offerred to buy from Italy who themselves have agreements to buy from Germany and so forth untill the price Malta paid for oil was a 100 times the price.

Shame to see him gone now....

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I know it has problems that werent listed here, but Gaddafi's Libya sounds more like the land of freedom than the democratic countries who bombed him...

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Now we know why he was vilified and murdered by our Western governments...can't have any of that catching on around here.

Besides, all of that conflicted with the crap they were forcing down our intellectual pipes about him on the MSM.

He was a brother to his people and did right by them...he had to go, he was making the Western leaders look like the greedy and selfish manipulators and profiteering rip-off merchants that they are.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
All that money "frozen", and the gold reserves disappeared! The people of Libya will never see that money again, but it would be interesting to see whose financial institutions that money is "resting" in.
The demonizing tactics are always predictable, not that our own governments are any better, having their own Pedo's, psycopaths and thieves within the hallowed halls of power!

This was just another sad case of the "civilised" west destroying a country whose only crime was a wish to trade their goods for currencies of their choosing and not enslave the people to the petro-dollar. For this crime we destroyed their country and killed a great many people in the process. These crimes against humanity are disgusting, and aided of course by the corporate owned press, who champion the destruction by our "brave heroes", then go very quiet afterwards and move on to the next Justin Bieber incident.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

Maybe we should ask our Goverment's why such a poor African country could give so much to the people when they say America is number 3 in the world for wealth and the U.K number 9 yet we are always told about cutback's and job losses ....

The thing is when you compare the standard of living between the USA and Libya the USA wins hands down.. But if I had the choice to move to America in it's current State or Libya with all the Perks that Gadaffi offered, I would choose Libya Hands down.. Things just seem much more relaxed and less stressful when you look at that list yet we have too battle on a daily basis in our Western countries, well some of us anyway.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
All that money "frozen", and the gold reserves disappeared! The people of Libya will never see that money again, but it would be interesting to see whose financial institutions that money is "resting" in.
The demonizing tactics are always predictable, not that our own governments are any better, having their own Pedo's, psycopaths and thieves within the hallowed halls of power!

This was just another sad case of the "civilised" west destroying a country whose only crime was a wish to trade their goods for currencies of their choosing and not enslave the people to the petro-dollar. For this crime we destroyed their country and killed a great many people in the process. These crimes against humanity are disgusting, and aided of course by the corporate owned press, who champion the destruction by our "brave heroes", then go very quiet afterwards and move on to the next Justin Bieber incident.

And whilst they are doing that pretty much conclude that the accusations against Gadaffi for the Lockerbie Bombing were likely bs... How convenient.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
While I certainly think Qaddafi has been vilified by the Western press, I also think it's important to point out that this list has been disputed and many points debunked. This list contains certain elements of truth but by and large this list is as far as I can research just not true. The source of this list is also dubious, so unless the source can be clearly cited and the points verified, this list is a sham.

What I will no doubt agree on though is that every country that the US has "liberated" has ended up much worse than before. Now that cannot be disputed.

originally posted by: jude11
Just a few things he Did. Never Disputed actually:

1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
3. Home considered a human right in Libya ­ Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi's father has died while him, his wife and his mother are still living in a tent.
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.
5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.
6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick-start their farms ­ all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it ­ not only free but they get US$2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion ­ now frozen globally.
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US$5,000
14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.15
15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree
16. Gaddafi carried out the world's largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country. Great Man-Made River project in Libya $27 billion.

Isn't this the way it's supposed to be?

Peace

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
All my favorite dictators are gone now.

Pineapple face is gone, Chavez, Hussein - gone and Qaddafi, also gone.

Just like my favorite TV shows, on for a time, then gone.

i was speaking to a friend a few week's ago just how many things have happened in the last 3-4 years that have shocked you we were stumped at how many thing's we came up with

Sandy hook

Aurora shooting

Boston Bombing

Syria , Ukraine ,

Planes vanishing or shot down ,

Nukes going missing etc etc

IT makes for a good game to play one night a group of you are bored [ feel free to add ats ] my old brain is tired

good idea maybe make it a thread in the chit chat subforum,

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

and Qaddafi would be rolling around in his grave right now thinking.....

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Yeah was the best place to live in Africa. USA would not let something that was not capitalism work. How would their propaganda work with proof that things could work another way. Do you think Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan are better off too. If you do i would think the people that live there would disagree. And it is the people there that matter it is their home. All these wars are not to liberate the people like USA claims. They are for politics and resources. It is all about the dollar. Pipeline in Afghanistan being built at the time there. Kuwait slant drilling under Iraq when Saddam liberated them. He begged the world to help him do it peacefully first. Natural gas and land for the Israelis to take from Gaza. A lot of the attacks Russia was doing over the years with fights against what they called rebels was over pipeline. Years back i don't know if it is still happening. USA was jailing people for trying to live off the grid. All about the dollar, they will do anything to anyone for their greed. I believe in making an honest dollar and having freedom to do so. But not at the expense of others. People need to be regulated by gov because of all the evil ones out there. Free market NAFTA sounds good. But truth is it is only good for the elite and it needs to be regulated. Capitalism has become evil and no one should wonder why the rest of the world hate it. And us not for just being capitalist but trying to force it down everyone's throat.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The Green Book PDF

The Green Book is a short book setting out the political philosophy of the former Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi.

edit on Wed3696201480 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
In 2000 there were allegedly only 7 countries without a Rothschild owned central bank;
Afghanistan
Iraq
Sudan
Libya
Cuba
North Korea
Iran

Today there are only 3.

Coincidence?

Gaddafi had turned his back on terrorism and voluntarily disarmed Libya's WMD and all related programs etc.
He had long since diverted all his attention towards improving the standard of living of everyday Libyans whilst investing heavily in the country's internal infrastructure.

The Great Man Made River was a truly remarkable achievement.
en.wikipedia.org...

I have no doubts he still had his fair share of faults.

But we have to ask; was life better in Libya for the ordinary, everyday Libyan during Gaddafi's reign or after 'our' interference and his removal?

The answer is obvious - so what was the purpose?
edit on 3/9/14 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Saddam did a lot for those who were not trying to kill him too. Castro does a lot more than he got credit for as well as Hugo Chavez. They are demonized for helping people and kicking out business not for the people. Chavez and Saddam both offered more than once to sell oil on the market cheaper. And i am sure others too. That created a big problem. Capitalism is the problem. Although a good idea and sounds good it can not work properly without regulating it so Big business does not take advantage of the people. Another example Marijuana laws, Illegal because of no medical benefit LIES. Not only was Marijuana illegal the steral hemp that cant even get you high was made illegal. Why because powerful industry wanted it that way to continues profiting. A company i forget who recently patented Marijuana for cancer use. So now they want to own the rights to using a herb and get money every time it is used for medical purposes. I hope it never works that way. Lipitor lobbied to have red yeast rice illegal and succeeded for a wile so they could sell their crap with not as good results and more side effects. I am sure it goes on forever.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I had a friend whose family fled Libya when he was younger. When this all was happening he was very involved through social media, supporting the rebels and talking to his family still over there. I didn't get the impression Libya was some great paradise. In fact, common sense tells me that this would not have happened if people were happy under his rule.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
In 2000 there were allegedly only 7 countries without a Rothschild owned central bank;
Afghanistan
Iraq
Sudan
Libya
Cuba
North Korea
Iran

Today there are only 3.

Coincidence?

Gaddafi had turned his back on terrorism and voluntarily disarmed Libya's WMD and all related programs etc.
He had long since diverted all his attention towards improving the standard of living of everyday Libyans whilst investing heavily in the country's internal infrastructure.

The Great Man Made River was a truly remarkable achievement.
en.wikipedia.org...

I have no doubts he still had his fair share of faults.

But we have to ask; was life better in Libya for the ordinary, everyday Libyan during Gaddafi's reign or after 'our' interference and his removal?

The answer is obvious - so what was the purpose?

i hate to be a pessimist....how long till the three become 0 ?...

its a pointless fight anyways....most are batting for the left or the right ...the bankers go about their daily business unnoticed

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If his people loved him so much, then why did they let that happen to him?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

They didn't, and I'm suprised more people don't ask themselves this basic question.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Ofcourse he was messed up..... Most of the benefits mentioned from Qaddafi were more felt by the people in his pockets so to speak.

Outside of that inner circle and the majority of Libya it wasnt all peachy. It was the young generation and fervor that spread IMO.... They all forgot that he himself toppled an even worse regime. Got caught up in the idea of reform feeling that they could do so much better then, when they called for change. Qaddafi knowing all too well how this story goes hit back at protests hard which then turned into Civil war etc

I have talked to many old family friends who knew and worked in Libya before Qaddafi.... They tell me Libya has now gone full circle.

If a full blown revolution kicks off in any country, added with other countries supporting and pushing to a goverment reform. The population sweeps with fervor and escalation. If it ever happend to America or Russia the events/conclusion would look very much the same i'd imagine. Once the ball starts rolling it's unstopable

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
NATO were allowed to destroy his Air Force and ground units allowing the rebels to advance all this was based on them saying he was killing civilians

Was just the uk and France with American helping in logistics

Then he must have been betrayed by one of the intel services of another country as he was set up
Good and proper with no escape

As for his son who survived,I dread to think what he has had to endure

Yeah it's a cesspit now,what a shame

He wasn't an angel by any means and his love for freedom fighters put him at odds with the UK government when he supplied Semtex to the IRA

Then Yvonne Fletcher a young police woman was killed in London just outside the Libyan embassy where protesters were

This incident led to Thatcher allowing US planes to launch bombing runs on Libya a few years later

Pan am 103-that's a grey area,did they do it? I'm not sure

He had faults that's for sure but he also had good points as listed in the list above

Shouldn't every nation have a list like that and end poverty?

I'm sorry he's gone he could have done a lot more good work for his country but now it's all over

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Good post nice to know. a reply to: Freeborn

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join