It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the "Iguana" on mars be a recorded type of a "pompeii" event.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So just a quick thought I saw an article today www.huffingtonpost.com...

The article is about 11 artifacts on Mars that they think are just rocks. Anyhow when I saw the Iguana picture pompeii popped in my head. What if the "iguana" on mars was an actual iguana that was forever entombed by a volcanic eruption? If you look at the iguana pic it loks like it was turning towards something. Maybe that something was an explosion and he was entombed when he turned his head. What do you think?

Maybe it could be some type of even like the lake that turns animals to stone due to the chemical makeup of the water.

gizmodo.com...

edit on 2-9-2014 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

Who excavated all the ash away from the "iguana" for it be visible?

I mean if you're going to link it to a Pompeii event.

Just sayin.

SF for the Funk of it
edit on 2-9-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Who excavated all the ash away from the "iguana" for it be visible?

I mean if you're going to link it to a Pompeii event.

Just sayin.

Maybe it was a smaller event that didn't cover the area in feet of ash but was rather a fast moving cloud of super heated ash that covered and killed the animals in that region. Maybe the wind slowly uncovered this guy who knows just a thought as they look similar in structure. If you look at the ground of each picture they dust on the ground looks similar as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Those "bodies" you see in Pompeii are there because they (the people that excavated the site) poured plaster into the voids they found in the ash and pumice.

The same would have to of been done for the "iguana"

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Okay, perhaps. sure.

However, wouldn't someone need to have poured plaster into the voids between the ash layer to you know produce the plaster body, like they did in the Pompeii excavation ?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

beat me :p

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Hey, the Huffington Post in your OP link called Arken's Hugo a 'door handle'. I suppose a rose by any other name (Shirley).

edit on 2-9-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Sorry but I've seen Pompeii and this is nothing like it in any way. Those bodies are casts. They filled the bodies with plaster to make a mould. They wouldn't have stayed that way forever without the mould.

Pompeii is quite the sight. I never realized how big Pompeii was until I saw it myself. It was very eerie to say the least and sad when you saw the body casts.

Star for thought though

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Well it could be a similar event. This lake turns animals to stone because of the chemical makeup of the water.

gizmodo.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Gross. Anyway, the iguana doesn't even look like an iguana, to me I see a platypus kind of beak-face nearest the camera, lugging a body in the shape of a huge rock. Of all the pics the Huffington Post chose to present as Mars-things, they missed many good ones which could actually be something unusual. There are at least two by Arken on there, and neither is credited to him or to ATS. Huffington Post quoted an ATS user last week without attribution. Me thinks they should get more journalistic over there, which in essence is learning how to be fair in print.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I somehow doubt an iguana's body would survive re-entry or impact on Mars.

You did get a good laugh out of me.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I find it cool! Except that eyeballs would have melted to a soup by the time the flows stopped (and, that's supposing that Mars life evolved exactly like the Earth's did, dinosaurs and all).

Out of all the images, the only ones I find intriguing are:
1. The "Woman"
2. The mysterious "doughnut"
3. The "door handle"

Now, the last two could be something 100% natural, and would even suspect #2 to be a meteorite, and #3 to be a partially eroded rock. Can't explain #1, unless they offer more pictures, but my guess is - it's a funky shaped rock.

-fossilera

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Or Maybe this could be an anomaly like a "Pompei Event" on Mars...

top topics

join