It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's becoming clearer: IS vs US and the bigger picture.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

I have to disagree, they are not the same. Hezbollah is Shiite and the others are Sunni...huge difference

There is NO difference.

Sunni and Shia are two sects within ISLAM vying for first regional dominance. Then off to play Pinky, and the Brain trying to take over the world.

They both want the same end.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

But there are differences and hatred between the two. It's like comparing Mao and Stalin!

The big conspiracy here is that the US is being played. Our "source" before overthrowing Saddam was a Shiite...Saddam was a Sunni. You could almost make a connection that Iran tricked us into invading.

But, that doesn't make for good conspiracy since it doesn't involve the "Global Elite."

I understand what you are saying but you could make the same distinction between Democracy and Communism. Both fighting for world control, right?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: irishchic
I have no idea "if" all of this is "real" or "staged..."

I DO know hoever that if some asshat in black was about to saw my head off?

I sure wouldn't be calmly spewing words and leaning back as he began his grisly task,I'd be a raving maniac and fighting it out until I had no more breath to fight with!

That also goes for saying a few genuine and authentic "words", not the crap that's being spewed...

That's what troubles me about these two video's. I don't even want to think what must be going through their heads, but to just let it happen like that, these guys must have been drugged/sedated?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Does anyone else think that the two beheadings were recorded the same day? I am willing to bet there were several beheadings, all taped the same time and ISIS is just controlling their release.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Has anyone tinkered with the idea that maybe the video is real but the audio is staged? Just something I thought of. Don't know what the purpose would be except to get we the people to think and feel a certain way.

Also, I noticed that when the second journalist is getting his neck sawed on he lifts his left leg up as if to stabilize himself.

And I wish I wouldn't have watched the 6 Russian soldiers video. Although, if I'm ever threatened with a beheading I'm gonna run my tail off. I think I would rather be shot than go thru what I saw on that video.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I believe the reason that the videos address Obama directly is because this is really who this is all about. Obama does not seem to want to continue the ME campaign that General Westley Clark explained is in the works. So ISL was created to pressure Obama into bring tje war machime back to the ME. The videos address Obama because he is the only reason the ME isn't full of US troops at the moment and if ISIL continues their rampage it is on Obama.

How is it that all the neocon types in the US know so much about the situation that they would demand the US send troops against the commander and chiefs will? What do they know that Obama doesn't.

I have to say I am a little disappointed in ATS on this one. A lot of gullible responses to ISIL.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Americans care about civilians, but when the civilian goes purposely to a "war" type zone and purposely "engages" with the enemy, by reporting on them. They have put themselves in a situation where awful things can happen to them, they are grown men and know what they are getting themselves into. Not that what happened wasn't horrific and evil, it's just they put themselves in a position where they knew this could happen, and so it gets less sympathy than the Islamic State is looking for.

So this tactic doesn't really play with a great number of Americans.

You just made me think of one more little tick for the boxes of the 'fake' argument.

Normally journalists are considered sort of 'off limits'. Not so much anymore, and clearly the real ISIS has no honor anyway, BUT..... if you wanted to kill as many birds as possible with one stone, then why not discourage war-journalism while you're at it. I mean last year the Michael Hastings incident already poured water on almost ALL American investigative journalism.

Just another stone in their fortress I suppose...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Well, it looks like it's not just Obama they taunt.

ISIS Threatens Putin, Caliphate In Chechnya; Kadyrov Responds "You Will Be Destroyed"

I guess ISIS is an equal opportunity taunter.

Haha, good luck to them. That reminds me of this story:
articles.philly.com...

I'm not so sure the ex-KGB man will react the way the west does.

According to Morris, the KBG determined the kidnapping to be the work of the Shiite Muslim group known as Hezbollah, or Party of God. This was the same radical pro-Iranian faction that figured so belligerently in the mass hostage-taking from the TWA airliner at Beirut Airport last June.

Unlike the approach the United States used to resolve the TWA crisis, however, the Soviets did not bother negotiating with Hezbollah through Nabih Berri, Lebanon's justice minister and leader of the Shiite Amal militia.

Instead, the KGB kidnapped a man they knew to be a close relative of a prominent Hezbollah leader. They then castrated him and sent the severed organs to the Hezbollah official, before dispatching the unfortunate kinsman with a bullet in the brain.

In addition to presenting him with this grisly proof of their seriousness, the KGB operatives also advised the Hezbollah leader that they knew the indentities of other close relatives of his, and that he could expect more such packages if the three Soviet diplomats were not freed immediately.

The message was a lot more extreme than Ronald Reagan's vague allusions to using "Rambo next time," but the swift release of the three remaining hostages indicated that the Hezbollah big shot couldn't handle having terror shoved back in his face.

Post reporter Morris quoted unidentified observers in Jerusalem as noting:

"This is the way the Soviets operate. They do things - they don't talk.

"And this is the language the Hezbollah understand."

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasSeabee
Why is it we grossly underestimate our enemies in the world? These people are well financed and educated. They have access to internet obviously and know how to use facebook, twitter, and so on without being banned or tracked while using it. Lets get past the idea they are sandsuckers living under rocks.

Why do you think they have no idea how the people feel about Obama? in my opinion they know that and are trting to use it as an advantage. If they direct more hate to obama then the US could very likely destroy itself. And we know there are IS sympathizers here since at least 2 US citizens have died fighting for IS. They know how people react emotionally and they are using that knowledge very well i would have to say. They have you convinced the government is behind it and have you against your own countrymen. They might actually have people on this very site participating in this nonsense.

Stop thinking the US is the center of the universe and is doing everything in the world. You give the government too much credit. Evil people exist, and they have for thousands of years. Its time to accept the fact that sometimes things are pretty much what they look like. Keep ignoring these facts, keep blaming the government for everything and IS may indeed raise a flag over the white house while we keep pointing fingers at each other. You all sit here and come up with this solution or that solution while thinking no one else in this population 7 billion can even come close to thinking through a situation or even looking up stuff on the internet. O thats right the middle east is a bunch of cave men with no tv or computers, or electricity for that matter.

I don't know if it was directly specifically at me, but I already said I believe ISIS are authentic, it's these specific videos that I think have too much propaganda value FOR military action. I don't think people in the middle east are stupid at all, I think they are more clever than to instigate all holy-hell of destruction upon themselves.

The whole thing just doesn't sit right with me.

Your theory that perhaps they seek to destabilize America via Obama I think is a good one though. That at least makes sense, though the US has been a bit politically unstable through nearly all of the 2000's.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny Good OP. Another thing I feel like all these beheading videos might be about...of course, psychological but how? Well, the more folks see these videos, whether they are real or staged, regardless...folks that feel they are real, mostly are going to react with blood lust. They will call for all out war or extreme violence on the guilty faction...and lump one and all together and call for death to ALL. Now, how does that sound familiar? Supposed t*rrorists over there are allegedly wishing the same to us. So, what does that do? Make us the same as that which we hate and despise. An agenda...to use psychological warfare to create in us the same as that which we despise/hate/fear.

As far as cover ups, someone jumped on me like white on rice when I mentioned such. It isn't always meant relevant to govt. cover ups, the MSM really does a lot of that. They worry more about mentioning what plastic, phoney chick is bedding down who instead of staying on a story. They may give a quick/short report or 2 and then back to the Hollypigs and what they do. Who should give a flying $%^*? My main concerns are still...where are all those missing planes, nukes, and nuclear material. I don't care what butt head got fired because of Air Force screw ups relevant to nuke counts. Who is behind ISIS/ISIL and beheading videos? ISIS seemed to bloom out of no where and very quickly. The one problem CAN be that cover ups using the media DO occur at the behest of some faction higher up...govt. or shadow govt. or who...so many fingers in the pies and politicians with dual citizenship and such...we can take our pick but probably we aren't far off if we suspect deception on some level relevant to ALL that we are told or shown on videos.

edit on 3-9-2014 by shrevegal because: error

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Some other things to puzzle over about those videos...the victims and their clothes are all nice and clean, the one guys face is clean shaven and hair looks clean and cut. No expressions of horror or shivering/shaking from the victim,...most would be soiling themselves in that situation and moving as much as they could.

The perps are always SO covered up...if they have the same beliefs/mentality of the so called suicide bombers, then why all the hiding? If they are ready to die for Allah, why disguise? I'm not saying ISIS isn't real on some level...but who are they really, who is backing them with their fancy Niki shoes and new Toyota trucks and such. What faction are they or who are they for real?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal The other thing that makes me wonder...the direct comments made to Obama while these atrocities occur...much like the so called threats made to
"Daddy Bush" as mentioned by junior relevant to what Saddam may have said. Prez Bush used that threat to "daddy" as one of the reasons for the "Shock and Awe" scenario. Obama can do the same now I suppose,....go after...(insert name of country or faction here), and say that one justification was the personal threat to him. Lets just say, ALL politicians from ANY party uses what ever they can to get the desired effect they want. Deception...and anyone could be behind that black garb at the beheadings...actors, even plain ole white folk...who knows. Not saying there is no ISIS/ISIL.... or peed off Arabians from some faction that isn't capable of same, just saying, so much deception going on, can we really be sure of anything anymore.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

I just watched it from your link because all the people calling it fake. I must say it does look fake to me although luckily I'm no expert . I also hope it was a fake for his sake.

When he starts to cut his throat the body doesn't even twitch. Also the head on top of the body could have been staged as well, and farely easy . He could have popped his head through a fake body and posed for the shot.

I also find it weird that LiveLeak all the sudden decides to not post any more videos dealing with beheadings. Not that I watched them before but their website was built around unfiltered news and videos.

edit on 09930America/ChicagoWed, 03 Sep 2014 19:09:35 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

here is a more detailed report on the intricacies of the ISIS (Caliphate) and the Saudi government (modernization)of the Saudi financed (dominant) sect of fundamentalist Islam called 'Wahhabist"
which is Not not too from the head choppers of ISIS world-view ... than the Muslim 'Infidels' in Arabia in power now
i.e.: the Wahhabists

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on rd30140978921403062014 by St Udio because: read it & weep

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Listen to this:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Thank you for the great read, very interesting stuff and hopefully others will read it as well. Islam is a lot like Christianity in that there are so many variations and some can be down right frightening.

Too many dictators have fallen over the past few years and there is no one left to keep these groups in check. Say what you will about them, but they knew how to ensure these groups remained in the minority. Now, you have this vacuum and these groups are able to grow.

Interesting times we live in.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue
a reply to: Quauhtli

Wow, great post, starred.

I'm a secular scientist, and I don't regularly spew religious stuff. But at the same time, I know Gold when I see it. There's a story that appears in Jewish, Christian, and Muslim traditions in different forms. I won't choose a form because I don't know what in the end is really holy. Instead I will post a version of it from a songwriter who nobody thinks is holy. It is here:
www.youtube.com...
Whatever it is in the end, there is a supreme force in this world, and it has shown its force again and again. What I can promise is those who try to build a wall against this force will be struck down, those who stick with it in their moral struggles will be exalted. This is my message to all parties involved: Stick to what is right, fight as you do, (for even just war is holy) but don't rest your bets on the idea of depravity and violence shaping anything at all. They won't, the real force in this world is way above all that. Instead fight with the moral force, be the best people you can be. Moral gold is true gold.

Peace, and forgive what you see as my craziness! -me

It would be nice to believe what you say is true, but after careful inspection I have found that "holiness" does not exist in this or ANY OTHER equation.

IF any beings figure they ARE holy, and have a reason to do all these things, they must and WILL be eradicated.

Forget ISIS, and every other army, it is time to turn FULL ATTENTION to the cloaked scum that keeps this bloody charade going.

I hold no grudges against humans, I have all my sensors on full for the "Others" that claim to be Holy, and "God" in this Universe, it is time to deal with THEM, they are far worse than anything ever achieved by the totality of mankind, even whilst under the direction of said scum.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: 8675309jenny

We've somehow lost the ability to fight a war successfully. I only opine because you used one of my quotes in your OP so I felt that my view needed to be expanded a bit.

We fight now, to win hearts and minds. PC has no place on the battlefield and yet, it is PC that is dictating our actions.

War is killing the other side to the point where they either surrender or there is no-one left.

We don't fight that way any longer.

Yet the other side does.

It is a sad day when you actually believe this that you are typing, just absolute and TOTAL refusal to realize that all of this is on purpose, run by the very ones you trust the most, and it is going perfectly.

Never again will your country be anything like you believed it to be, ( and that was not even true ).

You can try and change it for the better all you want, but face it, the Powers That Be, want things they WAY THEY ARE.

LOL how can you not see this

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: irishchic
I have no idea "if" all of this is "real" or "staged..."

I DO know hoever that if some asshat in black was about to saw my head off?

I sure wouldn't be calmly spewing words and leaning back as he began his grisly task,I'd be a raving maniac and fighting it out until I had no more breath to fight with!

That also goes for saying a few genuine and authentic "words", not the crap that's being spewed...

I know of someone who is friends with the alleged victim's family in Florida first hand and the family has been under a "gag order" for over a year...

It's ugly any way you color it!

Need to make sure more people read what you said Irishchic. A gag order on family members does seem terribly dubious.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
Does anyone else think that the two beheadings were recorded the same day? I am willing to bet there were several beheadings, all taped the same time and ISIS is just controlling their release.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are, who cares ??

Better yet, why believe any beheadings happened at all ???

Who is ISIS, never heard of them before June.....apparently they have existed for over 10 years, this is highly laughable.

Why is it necessary for people to even watch the news with all of this garbage constantly on? How in the WORLD do you not notice the obvious agendas that you are being exposed to, all the while believing it is some "enemy" out there!

Let us focus on ridding ALL of the problems, who CARES about ISIS, ISIL, IS, and whatever name they will be called next week.

This is so beyond preposterous, and criminally insane, that I can scarcely believe how many of you are locked into this.

It is about time, as Albert Pike famously said, for the Theatrical Play, WORLD WAR 3 !!

And trust me, when that one is done, you will finally see just how silly paying attention to lunatics has been !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join