It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Sculptures...Our Legacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Came across this awhile ago and have revisited for updates on his work. Many may know of it but many may not. You Don't have to be an art lover to appreciate the inspiration and commitment to such a project. I can barely commit to what I want for lunch some Days. lol

Jason Taylor:

In 2006, Taylor founded and created the world’s first underwater sculpture park. Situated off the coast of Grenada in the West Indies it is now listed as one of the Top 25 Wonders of the World by National Geographic. His latest creation is MUSA (Museo Subacuatico de Arte), a monumental museum with a collection of over 500 of his sculptural works, submerged off the coast of Cancun, Mexico; described by Forbes as one of the world’s most unique travel destinations. Both these ambitious, permanent public works have a practical, functional aspect, facilitating positive interactions between people and fragile underwater habitats while at the same relieving pressure on natural resources.

Vicissitudes:

The Gardner:

Inertia:

The Dream Collector

My Fav...The Banker

Of course nothing lasts forever as you can see in the VID because Nature has it's way...But maybe that's the point?

More here: www.underwatersculpture.com...

Enjoy...

Peace

edit on 2-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Those are beautiful... But can you imagine if something catastrophic ever happened and humans had to start all over again what people would think if they ran across these??

OMG - Look! These people could live underwater, why can't we figure out how they did it?

Why is that really fat dude watching a rock? We can't figure out why he would be looking a a square rock that intently!!

Thanks for the share!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Those are beautiful... But can you imagine if something catastrophic ever happened and humans had to start all over again what people would think if they ran across these??

OMG - Look! These people could live underwater, why can't we figure out how they did it?

Why is that really fat dude watching a rock? We can't figure out why he would be looking a a square rock that intently!!

Thanks for the share!

Exactly what I think myself.

"What is he eating? I heard about something called "Hamburger" but that was made of a pink slime substance so I thought it a myth!. Why would they eat such a thing?"

Peace

edit on 2-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
S&F

I read an article recently where a woman "yarn bombed" these statues. She couldn't figure out why people were upset. I had never heard of yarn bombing before until I had read that it had been done to some of these statues. Apparently she did a lot of damage to the sea life that makes it's home on these statues.

She claimed she did it in the name of art. By defacing someone else art?
edit on 2-9-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
SnF for you, my friend. Great find.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
S&F

I read an article recently where a woman "yarn bombed" these statues. She couldn't figure out why people were upset. I had never heard of yarn bombing before until I had read that it had been done to some of these statues. Apparently she did a lot of damage to the sea life that makes it's home on these statues.

She claimed she did it in the name of art. By defacing someone else art?

Just jealousy I believe.

Peace

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11
This is very cool. I wish I had known about this sooner as I have been to cancun 5 times in the last few years. This would have definitely been on my to do list. Very nice find

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
In five hundred years, those will look look like natural rocks and nobody will know someone created them. Life will make them indistinguishable.

Great thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They're beautiful but like all art they're finite. Erosion will take its toll along with lifeforms clinging to it like barnacles. They'll most likely be half buried or completely forgotten under the seabed in years to come.

Unless someone invents an x-ray type device that you can scan the earth with and pick out the components you wish to see like rocks or metals, fossils, resources. Then they'd see half broken humanoid rocks. Until they find out who was responsible from the vaults of antiquity the future version of ATS will try to get to the bottom of it

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
In five hundred years, those will look look like natural rocks and nobody will know someone created them. Life will make them indistinguishable.

Great thread.

They will fall to ruin but for a small amount of time we can enjoy along with our children and theirs.

Peace

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: rickymouse

Great thread.

They will fall to ruin but for a small amount of time we can enjoy along with our children and theirs.

Peace

Yeah right. I don't scuba dive and neither do my children. If they did go there, the daughters would be more interested in checking out the guys or the food shops.
Nice to look at pictures on the net though. I should go scuba diving some day, but I would rather go in Lake superior, there aren't many sharks in Lake superior. Once in a while they will be seen by power plants, beats me how they live in that fresh cold water.

If people here knew there were sharks in this place, many would not go into the water..

top topics

join