It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Lose Track of 6,000 Foreigners on Student Visas Who Could 'Do Us Harm'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A report says that over 58,000 "student" visas were "over-stayed" last year.

6,000 student visas belong to people who are supposedly harmful to the U.S.

Why such sloppy schlocky record keeping?

Perhaps on purpose.

Perhaps sleeper cell material.

I.S.I.S. recruitings ?????

Very disturbing.

Some people get the visa and then disappear into thin air.

The federal government has reportedly lost track of more than 6,000 foreigners on student visas, some of whom may be in the country "to do us harm."

According to an ABC News investigation, "58,000 students overstayed their visas in the past year. Of those, 6,000 were referred to agents for follow-up because they were determined to be of heightened concern." ABC found that "the number of foreign nationals obtaining visas to study in the U.S. has grown from 662,966 in 2003 to more than 1.2 million in 2012."

Peter Edge, "the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement official who oversees investigations into visa violators," told ABC News that some of the foreign nationals "could be here to do us harm" and his "greatest concern is that they could be doing anything."

Reports: Feds Lose Track of 6,000 Foreigners on Student Visas Who Could 'Do Us Harm'

Heightened Concern

I.S.I.S. ?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Just curious on this:

Who Could 'Do Us Harm'

The quote marks means it's an opinion, not fact, right?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Just curious on this:

Who Could 'Do Us Harm'

The quote marks means it's an opinion, not fact, right?

good question.

it's a quote from a government official.

but who knows what the article title implies.

just as confusing as the issue itself.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
"Lose track of" or "let loose"? Just another planned scattershot of potential chaos-starters from the usual suspects.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If they could do us harm then my question is why did they get visa's in the first place. That seems just plain stupid.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Students move around all the time. They may be required to register at whatever address they have at the moment they land in the country, but that could just be a hotel or a friends house, a rented room, or a student dormitory. If it's any of these, then they could move somewhere else at the end of the semester or even at the end of the month.

They have solved this problem in Norway by requiring that bank account holders use their SSN number as the login username.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

If they could do us harm then my question is why did they get visa's in the first place. That seems just plain stupid.

Perhaps it is stupid !!

Even dumber is the fact that those visas are issued so people can get educated.

Then that education makes them look dumb when they seem to "forget" the rules they agreed to in the first place !!

Then the "educated" trackers at the government levels make themselves and the entire bureaucracy look even dumber.

Ironic. But perhaps part of the master plan?

THhhhhhUD

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Too many things adding up to:

"Well, we warned everyone right?"

Perfect way to say: "Look...Over Here!"

Open borders, missing planes, ISIS in Mexico...UK on alert...etc. I truly believe we can expect something very soon.

Peace
edit on 2-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

They probably bought crockpots on Amazon after they got here or something.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Harm your economy, harm your society, harm betty up the road.

they don't just disappear because they like the flowers.. they want to be there, without following procedure.

stop seeing "they're attacking the migrants" in everything...

some people, yes yes I know, that's a vague term.. some people do want to harm you. and will do you harm.

now you can open the floodgates and wonder why you're suddenly drowning, or question those who would simply open the floodgates, before you drown.

who cares... not those who would do you harm, thats for sure.

edit on 3-9-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Fine, X. Bumped of course.
Pete Santilli was right five years before the Restore
America bowel movement got hamstrung. Google him.
He's overhauled the Mouse Motor in the ice cream truck
a couple of times more than enough to convince me he's
for real.
These people ALL need to be arrested for waging war
on the people and the Constitution. 20 years ago.

Anything else makes us not only more stupid than them
but deserving of the consequences. I pick my fights
carefully, but I picked one.. everybody please pick one.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Whether in the country on a student or work visa, there really isn't a structure in place to adequately know where a particular person is located. People overstay their visas routinely. Constant reductions in budgets to agencies means less and less people to perform functions like rounding up people on expired visas.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Whether in the country on a student or work visa, there really isn't a structure in place to adequately know where a particular person is located. People overstay their visas routinely. Constant reductions in budgets to agencies means less and less people to perform functions like rounding up people on expired visas.

That's an interesting take.

I wonder how much more money it would take?

And I wonder if past higher budgets were "successful" or just as sloppy and inefficient?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I suspect we both know the answer to that question...

However, the other side of that coin is that it just isn't that hard to "disappear" once you enter a country.

While it might be accurate to say that terrorist groups are routing through mexico to enter illegally, they've had plenty of past success just coming over on visas or even using passports for a "vacation" and simply never leaving. Get the right counterfeiter to make new ID's and said person disappears.

new topics

top topics

join