It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I'm 40 and got an AMAZING gift...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Can't believe I'm 40 today...my wife gave me an AMAZING gift...this Sunday I'm attending a Gun Permit Certification COURSE!!! My wife is from Poland and was never a believer in the Right to Bear Arms until we almost got mugged in Poland this past June. She turned to me and said, "We need to get our gun licenses". Even though we live in the US it was a turning point in her feeling towards protecting herself.

Thought I'd share this with all of you!!

God Bless you All!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Congrats, I also got my permit last year after a similar incident made me change my mind. Like they say, when 5 seconds count, the police are 5 minutes away.
William Shatner would agree

edit on 2-9-2014 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Congrats on getting your permit, just find it strange that it was an event where you ended up not needing the gun and still didn't get mugged that makes you now get one.
Sure the "you never know what will happen the next time" will get said to me and it had some merit.
I just think of all the "self defense" kills that would of had an ending like yours if the person didn't have a weapon.
And save the if you don't want to get shot don't rob people line. Robbing does not equal death in any civilized society imo
edit on ndTue, 02 Sep 2014 19:55:10 -0500America/Chicago920141080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That's better than a gift certificate to the jelly of the month club! The gift that keeps on giving.. Lol
The sexiest thing my wife ever said to me was " you get the guns and I'll get a pizza and meet you at the range".. Still give me warm fuzzies...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

If anyone pulls any type of weapon on me all bets are off. I will kill them or die trying.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Congrats and Happy Bday.

I'm 28 year old, well 29 this december and I'm dreading 30. I know its not a big deal for some people and most have a midlife crisis about fifty and buy themselves a sports car but I dont see that. I think mines gonna come at 30, sadly I cant afford a red sports car so I'll have to buy myself a red sports bike.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sounds like they may have managed to avoid a confrontation with there would be assailants, but what happens when it gets to the point where you and your loved ones are faced with violent intent?

Should they have been robbed, beaten and perhaps worse before feeling obligated to defend themselves? I guarantee assault and murder from robbery occurs much more often then self defense kills.
edit on 2-9-2014 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Well I don't want to turn this into when they deserve to die thread, people do have the right to defend them self's and I am not one to say get rid of them, just maybe use them on people less.

Happy b-day OP and enjoy your new firearm when you get it

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Happy Birthday!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Happy birthday!! 40 is a milestone.

Congratulations on stepping up. Learn everything you can. Ask questions of those who have walked the path in front of you. Practice drawing your firearm safely ... and a couple of pulls everyday does Not constitute practice.

Lots of smart people to talk to right here on ATS. Gun blogs are greater resources.

Good luck ... And again, Happy Birthday!!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Happy birthday Anyone that wants one for protection should get one and not be denied. In this country you not only have the right to bear arms. You also are innocent until proven guilty so to assume you will use it for other purposes than self deference is wrong. Also life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I think all should apply. There are probably other reasons i could find with some reading. PRACTICE be proficient and not afraid to use it. Not any good otherwise. That said only use as a last resort and there should be no liability. A gun safety course or conceal and carry should teach you about the rules there. Enjoy your birthday and your gift.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Congrats on getting your permit, just find it strange that it was an event where you ended up not needing the gun and still didn't get mugged that makes you now get one...

So, if I am in a wreck and I'm not wearing a seat belt but survive the wreck in good shape, does that mean I should never bother wearing a seat belt? Does that prove that seatbelts are a bad idea?
edit on 3-9-2014 by incoserv because: I could.

top topics

join