It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Fox News Even Try To Be Accurate?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

LOL!! Thanks! I took that member's word for it that UK has no constitution.

Yay for ATS.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: la2

Fox News is garbage.. It's like the Jersey shore of the News world.

\
Best quote I've seen all day.. YEs Fox News is the Jersey Shore of the news world.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Fox about The Netherlands, no further comment :

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Your right about that!

To hear FOX, by legalizing MJ, it will summon the Anti-Christ and the world will be doomed........

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Not real news. Everyone knows that. Neither are the others. They are what we call "MSM" Mainstream Media.They exist for the droll out there watching each night thinking its what happening and the real info, and facts are all correct.

Night after night, day after day, they sit at the tv's and go "Honey? C'mon here! Look at the tv....." And then of course they break away for commercials. Which is their whole purpose in you watching: to sell products.

Again...perhaps the topics are real events. Just all the info, footage and reporting...is not. But hey! How about that Veg-o-matic for only 3 payments of $19.99?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Hey OP can you tell us how they got this info then? If it's not true then there must be some truth in it I assume so can you please specify for my and probably others on here how they came to these conclusions?

If not a Constitution then what is it called?
I have heard of sharia type zones in UK but I could be wrong, please inform us.
Why is there a special election happening.... or is there??
What really happened with the Rotherham sex scandal?

I'd just google this but I'd rather hear it from someone who lives/lived there.
Thanks!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Fox news is designed to report any and all news in a way to make liberals look bad. Simple as that. They always take an angle on everything they report in a way to make Democrats look bad. Some shows appear designed to do nothing but Bash President Obama through reporting recent news. Its called spin. MSNBC is just the opposite. CNN is closer to MSNBC than Fox but is a bit more honest but not entirely.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SadButTrue

The zones do not exist...some Muslim youths put up a video and the USA falls for it.
I live near Bradford a highly populated Muslim area and have never had any trouble.
The Rotherham scandal is to do with Pakistani males grooming teenagers just out of care to have sex, It does happen up near me also and it looks like the authoritys didn't want to look racist and did nothing....

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I live in London, have done my entire life and while most of what they tend to say about our country is BS there are actually NO GO zones for the police. Just have a quick look at the link below and yes I know its the dailymail and is as truthful as well a lair, some of the time but its not the only sight. BBC did a report on it a while back.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

To the person who wrote that British news is accurate and checked, that's way wrong. They dont always check their reports and on a few occasions they've had to apologies but always on their websites and never the television. I only know this because it happened a few years back over something and my granddad said 'Wouldn't happen in my day' and he told me about

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Fox News isn't a news channel, it's an entertainment channel. I'm not even making a joke, that's a fact.

Problem is, way too many people, mostly elderly, watch Fox News and take everything they say as Gospel.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

MSNBC is the same way. I used to watch one for a couple days, and then the next couple I would watch the other. That way I figured I was catching all he spin and the truth had to be in the middle.

I got tired of all the stupid people on both channels. The spin is amazing.

btw: the UK constitution

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Fox news has gone down hill in the past years. As if it could get any worse! Where it's supposed to be more critical of the current admin, it's less so for important matters and more for division tactics. It's no better in the ratings grab of quantity over quality than the admin favored networks.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Hence the term: 'Faux News'...

Mass media is the most powerful tool used by the ruling class to manipulate the masses. It shapes and molds opinions and attitudes and defines what is normal and acceptable.

Mind Control Theories and Techniques used by Mass Media

The mainstream media appears to serve multiple functions. First, to distribute information that the controlling cabal wants you to believe is real news. Secondly, to assist in the cover-up of information that has leaked out through other sources. In other words, Damage Control. Thirdly, as a weapon to assassinate the characters of those who expose the practices of the Establishment. Also, to act as a firewall to prevent information detrimental to the elite's control from reaching the public. Finally, to continue to reinforce mainstream accounts of current and historical events. The mainstream news essentially serves as a primary tool for social conditioning or mind-control.

Centralized Control of History, Media, and Academia

edit on 3-9-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

You know what's really sad.............

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Does Fox News Even Try To Be Accurate?

Actually and factually, they fought for and won the right to do just the opposite in court!

Remember this?
www.dailykos.com...

In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States.

Lawyers paid by Bill O'Reilly's bosses argued in court that Fox can lie with impunity.

It's their right under the 1st Ammendment

FOX asserted that there are no written rules against distorting news in the media. They argued that, under the First Amendment, broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on public airwaves.

If not, check out the full story at the link I provided, it's a short yet informative read. Not only did Fox contend that they had the right to distort and/or flat out lie on the air, in this particular case they were doing so to protect Monsanto, of all people. Go figure!

So the short answer to your question is a big, fat, NO!

edit on 3-9-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

To be fair, I can't think of any news networks over here in the U.S. that is very good at representing facts and news correctly. Unfortunately they have pretty much all gone the way of "entertainment" news in my opinion. Granted I spend very little time watching any of them, because I find it a waste of time.

Out of curiousity are your news networks pretty balanced and accurate in your opinion? It is dissappointing that so many people here are so ignorant to the truth. They just don't care to take the time to learn the truth or recognize that fallacies.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
lol, they only talk BS, nuff said

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join