It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the majority of Americans feel about Muslisms.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This video shows two actors staging a racist scene to see what people will do.

Would the same type of reactions take place in your neck of the world?

Would you stand up or avoid the issue?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Muslims don't Police the world, a more pertinent question would be how does the rest of the world feel about America's role regarding our current predicament?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eyemin
Would the same type of reactions take place in your neck of the world?

I think most people would say something, as those good people did. Thankfully, I love in a diverse and open-minded area.

Would you stand up or avoid the issue?

You couldn't shut me up! LOL!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What ticks me off about these gotcha! things is that they make the "bigot" such an obvious stereotype. Of course, people in the US aren't like this. You have to a real d***** to be this much of an idiot in public, but hey! let's dress out bigot like a TEA Party person and drive our obvious bias home for the viewing public.

Funny, we shop at the Middle Eastern market and we even *gasp* let the nice Muslim man give candy to our baby!

So what? He's been down there running his shop forever. I doubt he's the problem we're looking for. If someone's going to bomb the farmer's market, it won't be him. The place is his livelihood. My husband works with a couple ME scientists, and I work one or two as well. So what?

It's like expecting people to be d*****s when you set up two gays macking on each other. Most people know how to behave in public even if others don't. And yeah, I was taught you don't go make out in public even if you're straight. Heck, I was taught you didn't do it even touch in front of your grandfather (mine was that traditional).

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Did you even watch the video you posted??? It clearly showed the bigotry of the regular patrons when a straight couple acted the same way. They DEFENDED the straight couple. It's the GAY that they were upset about, not the PDAs.

As the one guy who really believes in freedom said, "There's a reason why half the world hates America" and it's these religio-political asshats who think they own the country and can tell others who are different from them how to behave...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The majority of Americans view Muslims like.......people, just people who practice and believe different things than they do. They're not evil they're victims of religious fanaticism and insane rulers just like we are. I'd stand up for the person. Just as much as I'd stand up for a member of any race being bullied by another race.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Everything we've ever gone to war for. I'm proud to be an American. This is what it's always been about folks.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Everything we've ever gone to war for. I'm proud to be an American. This is what it's always been about folks.

Well, I wouldn't say "Everything you's have gone to war for" but that soldier certainly has his head in the right place...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: ketsuko

Did you even watch the video you posted??? It clearly showed the bigotry of the regular patrons when a straight couple acted the same way. They DEFENDED the straight couple. It's the GAY that they were upset about, not the PDAs.

As the one guy who really believes in freedom said, "There's a reason why half the world hates America" and it's these religio-political asshats who think they own the country and can tell others who are different from them how to behave...

Yeah, I did. I don't like PDA from anyone and I don't do it unless we're talking about my son who's 3.

And the people who talked were asked for their opinion. Should they not have given it?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Yeah, I did. I don't like PDA from anyone and I don't do it unless we're talking about my son who's 3.

And that's your choice. But if people want to show affection in public, it's THEIR business. As long as they're not doing anything illegal, like undressing each other or being lewd, it's really nunya. Look away. Not everyone is going to behave as you think they should.

And the people who talked were asked for their opinion. Should they not have given it?

Sure they should give their opinion. But it shows how bigoted, intolerant and hypocritical they are.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
These what would you do shows drive me up the wall.
The kid was a #ty actor. Too young to say I remember 911

Thing is most people don't say anything unless it's a cause they are personally passionate about or someone is being physically hurt.

The soldier was a decent guy. If he was real.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

"You couldn't shut me up! LOL!"

I am first generation American from my mothers side, and of her children I am the only one does not share her physical traits. This has led me to stand up to a group of friends,strangers, and even bosses when they make "jokes" insulting half my heritage unknowingly.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Eyemin

I would definitely stand up for anyone being discriminated against. You can't blame an entire group for the actions of a select few.

I know a few Muslims and they are very nice people. I hate when people group all Muslims in one category just because they are the supposed boogeyman of this current time. It's crap and I bet it was done in purpose.

We are all human. We all bleed blood. It doesn't matter our color or ethnicity. We all need the same things in life to survive and none of it has to do with our color, race or religion.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I don't hate Muslims. I don't like their rules they live by. I won't say beliefs or religion. Actually i hate all religion. But they have the right to believe just don't impose it on me. That is why i despise it, because almost all religions do just that. The country i despise the most is Israel. I do not hate Jews. I do not blame all people for others actions. Will i avoid them? Yes because the majority seems to be radical. Do i hate black people? No. But too many are prejudice and violent. Yes i will avoid them. All have rights to be that way as long as they aren't harming or forcing their will on others. Almost forgot I am American and hate what this country is doing for the last couple of decades. I am ashamed of the countries actions abroad and here on its citizens. Do i hate all Americans or America. NO!! Where there are good people there is hope.

If only the good ones would fight for their reputation, all would be good.

AM I UNFAIR?
edit on 3-9-2014 by roth1 because: Adding another line of detail. USA ref and the following.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
These what would you do shows drive me up the wall.

Really? Why?

The kid was a #ty actor. Too young to say I remember 911

1. He actually said, "I don't forget 9/11' (just like we don't forget Hiroshima, Veteran's Day, Vietnam, etc.)
2. If he was over 18 he could have remembered it. Especially if his family was affected. This is in New York.

So, why do these shows "drive you up the wall"? I kind of like seeing what people really think. It lets us know that there are still bigots around every corner.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't trust anybody. It's safer that way.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Why that show drives me up the wall.
I used to enjoy watching HLN and left the channel on. Then suddenly these shows were on a marathon all day long, every day. so I saw too many and was disappointed the other shows were cut to show this. The first few were ok. The odd one was ok. All day long was not ok. Don't ask why I didn't switch the channel.

I didn't know this episode was staged in New York. I thought about it after , it's possible his family was affected etc. His acting skills weren't that convincing to me and then when that annoying host comes out at the end, they all shake his hand and know right away they are on this show, is this show really that popular ? I think not. I mean I've seen plenty of them and they ALL know they are on this show when that guy comes out. So it's all pretty much staged to me. Most of these reality shows are. Not really a fan of reality shows at all.

I don't think this one showed bigots exist, since nobody defended the kid. The only bigot was pretending to be one.

By the way I am not American, so perhaps that might help you understand my POV more, but I doubt it will. You need to not be American to grasp that
edit on 4-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Thanks for your response.

The first one did not show that bigots exist, but the second one posted did. That's what I was referring to. I've only seen a few of these shows and most have shown support for the antagonist, as the second video in this thread.

It doesn't matter to me that you're not American. I understand your point because you explained it to me. Thanks.

top topics

join