It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Libyan Jetliners Raise Fears of Suicide Airliner Attacks on 9/11

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: redshoes

So, my attitude that the US should be less involved in world affairs is the cause of all the innocent lives being lost in the middle east? Clearly, you have not been paying attention. Ever notice how the US government pokes and prods just enough to encourage the Shiite and Sunni civil war, creates power vacuums, and gets involved just enough to keep this instability going yet not enough to end it?

Do you think this is by accident? No, it is the age old divide and conquer - keep your enemies fighting amongst themselves. If the instability gets bad enough to threaten a cheap oil supply, they could always sell a good excuse to the American sheeple to invade an oil rich country and replace the government there (see Iraq).

I, like many Americans, are disgusted and horrified by this but unfortunately we are the minority. I would gladly give up my car if it meant peace for the rest of the world. The world needs less American involvement, not more.

These jets might very well be used to attack somewhere in the middle east but, I'm sorry to say, the resulting instability is exactly what the power elite who control the US government and get rich off armed conflict want to happen.

edit on 3-9-2014 by captainmjp because: spelling

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Good grief. The ignorance of the higher ups never stops surprising me. Here we have NSA who supposedly listens to everything and we had no idea that a dozen planes disappeared a month ago? Or maybe we did, but our potus didnt hear it over "FOUR"

This irritates me to no end.

Honestly I have to say I am surprised that another group has not developed - equal or greater to but opposite ISIS - to take on those sadistic @$$XXXXX. Know what I mean?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Airiners take a lot of servicing and maintenance.

Unless the terrorists have trained ground crew and technicians, up to date diagnostic software and equipment and access to spare parts, what they have is several million bucks worth of scrap.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes
a reply to: Rocker2013

If something big was brewing it would also explain why Obama and Cameron et al appear to be just sitting on their hands or playing golf instead of intervening in whats happening in Iraq.

Two alternative theories:

1. What's happening in Iraq is an Iraqi matter. Had it happened anytime outside the media silly season, it would have barely made page four in the papers. (ditto ebola).

2. Obama is rubbish. I don't include Cameron in this theory because his weakness and ineffectuality are a proven fact.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce Mainly, because I live here and have affiliations with that base BAFB. Secondly, the firings and protocols....big deal...still didn't address the problem as to where the missing product went to. You can have all the new protocols you want and all the folks thrown under the bus that you want...still doesn't account for the missing nuclear material and THAT was the most important concern relevant to the thrust of my post and not the bs politics and screw around game playing. For folks with comprehension probs...Where is the missing material. I don't care what arse got fired relevant to it. The situation of the mix up and miscount and actual missing nuke material is the main concern and any body with sense would have that as their main concern. Inept military get canned all the time and get replaced by more of the same or worse. The entire incident escaped MSM real fast like...no coverup, whatever...well then, just plain stupidity.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh Who knows, There have been so many screw ups relevant to nukes and other radioactive material, here and overseas, I guess we can take our pick as to which scenario might be the one that helps things along relevant to an attack here. The Carolina possible nuke stuff was quite a bit later after Barksdale, but still, you are right....ANY time we have those kinds of screw ups are a cause for concern. So true, that. And, it is amazing when things of that magnitude occur, how quickly MSM glosses over it and goes back to what those fat Arse Kardashians are doing.

And something like 12 missing planes altogether this year? Where is the media on that one? No coverups folks say. That term only applies to Miley Cyrus and her costumes as she doesn't cover up much.

edit on 3-9-2014 by shrevegal because: error

edit on 3-9-2014 by shrevegal because: error

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Maybe 9/11 in Europe?
edit on 3-9-2014 by Boeing777 because: typo

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
Airiners take a lot of servicing and maintenance.

Unless the terrorists have trained ground crew and technicians, up to date diagnostic software and equipment and access to spare parts, what they have is several million bucks worth of scrap.

I was thinking along the same lines.

But...

..the plane only has to fly once.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

You're right. airliners take a lot of support to keep flying. And its likely that if any of these planes made it out of Tripoli without being tracked, they won't be functional for long.

However, not every fundamentalist is a screaming lunatic . Believe it or not there are qualified and well educated and experienced people all over the middle east. Libya had / has two main flagship airline carriers. Between them the total fleet was something like 30 aircraft of different types and sizes. The guys who used to work for these airlines to know how to keep them flying. Now, they are unemployed and EVERYONE in Libya belongs to one tribe or another and each tribe has their own militia.

Point is its not just that there appears to be a fleet of aircraft that we can no longer account for, there are also a large number of mechanics, pilots, ground crew etc that we can't account for either.

The risk is there and it is evident. That does not necessarily prove that an attack is likely, just that it has the potential to happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
Maybe 9/11 in Europe?

Yeah, since getting to the USA would spend most of their fuel (for the bomb effect) they would hit closer... I'd SERIOUSLY have jet fighters patrolling the skies for months.. (and around 9/11)...

Targets they would hit:

The Shard (London's most awesome new skyscraper)
Big Ben and any historic sites.. parliament... and government sites. etc...
London Eye
Any other sites I don't know about that are historic, landmarks etc...

The US SHOULD still have jets in the air on patrol for odd planes, or unlisted/non legit transponder codes... and take them out... not just covering NY and DC, but any close Nuke plants....

IF they hit the new WTC1, for one, they would be hitting floors that don't even have rooms or walls yet.. drywall is only up to I think 25 or 26th floor... and it wouldn't collapse.. the MASSIVE super columns and core are like a fortress.

edit on 9/3/2014 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I did not read all comments but for what its worth;
I believe most of the aircraft have been returned to their lessors. Most aircraft are owned by big leasing or banking companies and in case of possible non-payment (in this case a civil war) some pilots are chartered by the leasing companies to get and retrieve the aircraft before they are lost to vandalism or neglect.

Being a pilot myself I've done some freelance work for a 'known' ferry/leasing/repo- company besides my normal job in the last 10 years, though never picked up any aircraft in such a critical situation.
But I've flown with colleagues that have done such repo-flights out of highly dangerous warzones and they often have interesting stories to tell. Its the darker side of aviation and food for great books I think. Though most keep their mouths shut because of very logical reasons.
Anyway... its highly likely that these aircraft are safely in Europe, owned by the leasing companies that are the legal owners.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Every country on the planet (except the usual suspects) should band together, assemble an army the size of which has never been seen in the history of warfare and descend upon Libya and wipe out the Islamist militias there.

With the job completed, they'd then move on to Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, etc. wiping out the lunatic fringe once and for all. It's really no different than what Reagan was getting at in his now famous speech. Change the word "outside" to "terrorist" and there you have it.

"Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world." - Ronald Reagan, Speech from the 42d Session of the United-Nations General Assembly, New York, 09/21/1987

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hm,so this and IS will be the 2 looming threats that the msm and the various pundits will be issuing ominous warnings about during the build up to the anniversary of 9/11.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't blame NATO for this.

I blame the incompetent guy who was 'leading from behind'.

Then takes credit for killing Gadaffi.

Libya it seems is losing quite a bit of stuff.

From manpads to jetliners.

Nothing from Libya for over 30 years until Mr. 'Hope, and Change' came along.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
a reply to: Swills

Accident? I Doubt it.

They just had to sneak in the 9/11 piece as well right? Same as everything else going on right now. 9/11 is coming and I have a real bad feeling that something is planned and it won't be an accident nor will it be a surprise by those in power.

Lots of planes gone missing lately huh? Not "planes" but rather "Airliners"... Not 1 or 2 but a Dozen?

How the hell Do you lose 12 Airliners?

You Don't.

Peace

Now we need to dig into what big buildings are due for an "upgrade".....When they talk like this, it just stinks to high heaven to me! Red flags and light bulbs are in my mind everywhere....Something is coming and I don't personally think it is the out of country terrorists, HONESTLY!!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I like how the gov has stated "were not sure there is a threat at this time"

Hey......smart guys.....11 airliners have been stolen by a known terrorist organization

I'm pretty damn sure that poses a threat to someoe!

Nono......you're right. ....I'm sure they are going to use them to give free flights to Mecca for disabled Muslim children or something....

edit on 9/4/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I did a lot of work throughout the ME and North Africa over the last 10 / 12 years.
I can assure you the Quadaffi was always attempting to cause trouble within the region, thumbing his nose at the other oil producing states, gulf states in particular.

He also caused a lot of trouble for Lebanon and the UK through financing terror groups.

By selling the oil leases to European countries, he tried to compete with the Gulf States, and did a lot to stoke sunni / shia divides. In addition, he had a very erratic relationship with Egypt and was trying to set himself up as the Emperor of Africa.

9/11 gave him the opportunity to make friends with UK, France, Germany and US when they started to rethink who they were buying their oil from.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: redshoes

Gadaffi was killed because he was organizing a new central bank for Africa and was trying to free Africa from the debt slavery of the banking cartels.

Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
They've been "lost"????
Where did they hide them?
Didn't we learn from the earlier "lost" flight that they all have several tracking devices installed by the manufacturers?
So how come "they" "lost" them?
Won't they be able to hear those pings when the engines are fired up?
Why do we have "intelligence agencies" if they can't keep track of anything as big as an airliner or a dozen airliners?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join