It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can You Tell Whether Russia has Invaded Ukraine? Ten Telltale Signs.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Cruising around the internets today I found at very interesting posting at ICH. It hypothesizes what a real invasion by Russian of the Ukraine would really look like. Seems to me, it makes a whole heck of a lot of sense. I list the first 4. Visit the link for the rest. Of course it is a rosy scenario taking into account that NATO would not get involved.

You be the judge. I put together this helpful list of top ten telltale signs that will allow you to determine whether indeed Russia invaded Ukraine last Thursday, or whether Thursday's announcement is yet another confabulation. (Credit to Roman Kretsul).

Because if Russia invaded on Thursday morning, this is what the situation on the ground would look like by Saturday afternoon.

1. Ukrainian artillery fell silent almost immediately. They are no longer shelling residential districts of Donetsk and Lugansk. This is because their locations had been pinpointed prior to the operation, and by Thursday afternoon they were completely wiped out using air attacks, artillery and ground-based rocket fire, as the first order of business. Local residents are overjoyed that their horrible ordeal is finally at an end.

2. The look of military activity on the ground in Donetsk and Lugansk has changed dramatically. Whereas before it involved small groups of resistance fighters, the Russians operate in battalions of 400 men and dozens of armored vehicles, followed by convoys of support vehicles (tanker trucks, communications, field kitchens, field hospitals and so on). The flow of vehicles in and out is non-stop, plainly visible on air reconnaissance and satellite photos. Add to that the relentless radio chatter, all in Russian, which anyone who wants to can intercept, and the operation becomes impossible to hide.

3. The Ukrainian military has promptly vanished. Soldiers and officers alike have taken off their uniforms, abandoned their weapons, and are doing their best to blend in with the locals. Nobody thought the odds of the Ukrainian army against the Russians were any good. Ukraine's only military victory against Russia was at the battle of Konotop in 1659, but at the time Ukraine was allied with the mighty Khanate of Crimea, and, you may have noticed, Crimea is not on Ukraine's side this time around.

4. There are Russian checkpoints everywhere. Local civilians are allowed through, but anyone associated with a government, foreign or domestic, is detained for questioning. A filtration system has been set up to return demobilized Ukrainian army draftees to their native regions, while the volunteers and the officers are shunted to pretrial detention centers, to determine whether they had ordered war crimes to be committed.

The Rest

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

This reads like more propaganda. This time from the pro-Russian side.

10. Kiev has surrendered. There are Russian tanks on the Maidan Square. Russian infantry is mopping up the remains of Ukraine's National Guard. A curfew has been announced. The operation to take Kiev resembled “Shock and Awe” in Baghdad: a few loud bangs and then a whimper.

Really? I'm kind of doubting shock and awe in Kiev at this point. Frankly I don't even think Putin wants that part of Ukraine.

Edit to add - I see after rereading this is to be used as a handy-dandy checklist. It's not an observation of events. My bad.

edit on 923pm1515pm42014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

According to these guys, they say we're making the Russian invasion thing up.

Ex-NSA Director, US Intelligence Veterans Write Open Letter To Merkel To Avoid All-Out Ukraine War

edit on 2-9-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

This reads like more propaganda. This time from the pro-Russian side.

Notwithstanding, an invasion is an invasion is an invasion.

Unlike whats occurring over there they are quite noisy and cause a lot of smoke.

The press of all nations would be vying for ring side as Russians own artillery, bombing campaigns and "thunder runs" besiege Kiev.

Beside the lying western medias harping, this hasn't happened yet.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It would an interesting parallel to have a checklist for how you can tell that the masters have invaded the US.

There are checkpoints everywhere. Persons who do not obey neofascist orders are shot on sight…false flags are conducted with the intent of stripping the Bill of Rights, and anyone questioning these staged events is flagged on the NSA servers for special treatment. Censorship of discussion goes down without a hitch, through multi-tiered shame tactics, hate speech amendments, and general fear of being ratted or found out by see something/say something scouts, which, like streetlights, are on every corner. Military movement has changed. Entire cities are made to cower under the gun of rabid militarized police, and patsies are killed on public streets before they can say 'Lee Harvey Oswald'.

Orwellian language becomes commonplace, often used as rules for debate on conspiracy sites. 'Hatespeech' is defined, and punished by outright bans, and reported to the government's new military police. Instead, all frustrations with the status quo are routed into a massive hate pipeline which allows only hatred of the enemies of the masters to churn through, unabated, resolving in massive wars which give the masters complete control of the past, present, and future. There is a cry to remove glorious celebrations of human form from the internet, for the 'children'. Then, we are shown an endless supply of pictures of the same fat, hairy ass, pissing on the curb, in the form of newscasts, and prime time serial programming, which ass the proles eagerly lap at, consolidating the notion that animals need to be corralled, after all.

Gaslighting becomes a high form of art. Each fart is collected and analyzed, yet the media pretend that their script writers don't have the gear to find a missing jumbo jet, oil tanker, or building containing damning files. They cannot even find sovereign nations now being invaded, on the map. If any sentence waxes concise and poetic about the blueprints for tyranny, the entire thread is dissolved. Billionaires who are rich for nothing more than telling lies, humiliate publicly those who question them on broadcasts, which are aired repeatedly, naming them by name and city, as psy-ops which eventually quell any further attempts at resistance.

There are cries for internet regulation. For the children. On CNN, we are told that there are persons, conspiracy freaks, sitting in basements everywhere, who, using the internet, are connecting with other shut-ins just like them, and doubting their official accounts of mass shootings. Should these persons be allowed to do so? Should these persons even allowed to be heard from?

Cognitive dissonance bears fruit. That fruit is cowardice which alters action. Brother turns against brother, no one trusts anyone with anything. Economies are strangled, so that 'job creation' becomes a gig with NSA, militarized police, or fracking.

In someone's living room, I watched an xbox device camera actually move, tracking my movements, after we had finished playing the game, but to the brain damaged coward, this device is kept on at all times, as proof he is doing no wrong, with 'nothing to hide'.

Drones fill the sky, for the children, and become weaponized. Pigs in kevlar blankets grope children and convalescents, or anything that moves. And…I saw this with my own eyes, during discussion on police abuse protests, one man cried out: 'Just stay inside, and behave, GET IT?' , as though it were a proud battle cry! And nobody shed a tear.

Opie, I say to you that the Ukraine situation is like watching a black snake in the night. I understand your confusion.
Think out of the box, and why not? They want you to think of the invaders as 'rebels'. Instead, think 'terrorists', just not pretty, or articulate enough, to get their faces on the telescreen. So, Instead of using the media, as in Amerika, they use guns. Perhaps because they are firing their guns, instead of polishing them, they are convinced they are free?

Yes, you are free, even to hate, as long as you hate what the invaders tell you to hate. See anything wrong with this picture?

# 270
edit on 2-9-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

From the link you provided…

…accusations of a major Russian "invasion" of Ukraine appear not to be supported by reliable intelligence. Rather, the "intelligence" seems to be of the same dubious, politically "fixed" kind used 12 years ago to "justify" the U.S.-led attack on Iraq. We saw no credible evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq then; we see no credible evidence of a Russian invasion now.

There it is…

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
*shrugs*

Is it an invasion in the traditional sense... no not at all.

is Russia supplying weapons, ammo, armor, and possibly granting leave for soldiers to go fight over there... you betcha.

I haven't seen how a group of people (the rebels) that were all but beaten... and broke.. suddenly sprouted armored columns, more soldiers, and weaponry enough that they could launch a counter attack.

It must be miraculous that this occurred right after the humanitarian aid....

All in all.. looks to me like Putin took a page out of the CIA playbook for this one.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
How can you tell ? When you saw with own eyes.

Video of Russian army in Ukraine on Sept 2 moving from Luhansk to Krasnodon.

edit on 2-9-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It his highly important to pay attention to what Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) states through their missions and checkpoints in Ukraine, if there were large movements of Russian equipment, they would more than likely see them.

OSCE Observer Mission at the Russian Checkpoints Gukovo and Donetsk
OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The more I look into this, the more I'm convinced Russia and the West are engaged in an energy war.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I noticed that the comments were disabled on that vid ..shame wouldn't you say a reply to: xavi1000

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

The more I look into this, the more I'm convinced Russia and the West are engaged in an energy war.

And the profits from selling the energy. Thanks for the reminder.

Back to subjugating, annexing and resource pilfering of Ukraine (or the pipe lines that run through Ukraine). In the days of the Spaniards it was Gold, now its oil and gas.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I haven't seen how a group of people (the rebels) that were all but beaten… and broke.. suddenly sprouted armored columns, more soldiers, and weaponry enough that they could launch a counter attack.

But they didn't launch a counter attack. All they had to do was wait for Kiev's army to come to them.

The tire burners don't know how to run a government or final assault a fortified city, they just want to burn things and kill.

Now the tables are turned.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Thanks for the link to OSCE. So in your mind this is a credible dependable organization in the "main stream"?

Sorry for my ignorance, I am probably behind the curve here.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

All in all.. looks to me like Putin took a page out of the CIA playbook for this one.

Yep, playing the exact same game and No-one should be complaining when it's a well known trait of Western intelligence agencies. If people want to complain then maybe they should start with their own.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

They have been around for a long time and do have a credible reputation. They have recently discounted some accusations for border crossings as well. However, that doesn't mean one should not do their own homework.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Do you expect some kind of videogame invasion? Red Dawn or something like that?

You people need to watch some news every now and then. War changes,tactics change,strategies change.
Just like dictatorships,crime,societies and democracies also change. This is 2014.

Just as the USA invades Iraq, Russia is invading Ukraine.
You know why? Because they are all big countries with imperialist ambitions. They've always been!!!!!!!!!
edit on 2-9-2014 by metodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
And that video proves exactly what?? Where and when was it shot. The comments were probably disabled because they don't want debunkers messing up their "PROOF".

Same with all the other pictures and videos that have been released. They prove nothing.

a reply to: xavi1000

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: metodex

Who are "you people"?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

However, that doesn't mean one should not do their own homework.

Thank you, you just schooled me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join