It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SQUEEEEE! Just got a note about my Mars One Application!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Hey that is cool Beezzer! Congratulations

Be sure to bring a towel!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Great news! Because you submitted your application to Mars One, we’re giving you 10 no-cost entries to win a round-trip ticket to space. This opportunity expires on September 3, 2014.

Additionally, we're providing you with exclusive early access to a new campaign we have launched in partnership with Ticket To Rise and the Urgency Network.

To learn more about how you can win a round-trip ticket to space aboard XCOR’s Lynx Spacecraft, go to: www.urgencynetwork.com...

Instructions to claim your entries:
1.Click to go to the Ticket To Rise campaign
2.Click the "Have a Code?" link below the video
3.Enter the code: ########

Additionally, we have extremely limited edition "Mars One Applicant" t-shirts exclusively available to you for this campaign.

These t-shirts are only available between right now and the official start of the campaign, which is September 4, 2014. To claim your entry, your Mars One applicant t-shirt, and help support our new campaign, please go to: www.urgencynetwork.com...

This offer does not affect your current status as a Mars One applicant.

Thank you,

Mars One Team
mars-one.com

Just got the above in my in box, email-wise.

Yeah, I'm a geek/dork/nerd/flake. But I've always been fascinated by space exploration.

Woooowww...
You should take it NAUUUU

Only 9999.99£ ONE time offer....
LOOOLz

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Mars One isn't going anywhere. It is a stupid idea. How do you define a "special" circumstance that sends people off to their death with limited liability? The good news is if they do go through with it maybe I won't have to wear a harness in a scissor lift any more since we must have abandoned all concern for worker safety in order for this program to go forward. These are not military service men going up. They are civilians and civilians have rights when it comes to safety. Mars One will not be able to satisfy these rights.

Folks are going to die 4 at a time till the program is brought to a stop. That is my prediction.

Sooo
Whats your point?!?

1st, 2nd, 10th...1000d it will be news all day long..

soo what if the dont make it, maybe the next 4 will...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey

Mars One isn't going anywhere. It is a stupid idea. How do you define a "special" circumstance that sends people off to their death with limited liability? The good news is if they do go through with it maybe I won't have to wear a harness in a scissor lift any more since we must have abandoned all concern for worker safety in order for this program to go forward. These are not military service men going up. They are civilians and civilians have rights when it comes to safety. Mars One will not be able to satisfy these rights.

Folks are going to die 4 at a time till the program is brought to a stop. That is my prediction.

Sooo
Whats your point?!?

That is what they said about Iron workers in the '30's when they walked along beams 100's of feet in the air. If they fell? meh... send more up. We have come along way since then.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Dead bunny hopping...

Hope it's a cool t-shirt...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I just received the same letter today with my entry code. I guess they are going out to anyone who ever signed up for Mars One.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Sooo
Whats your point?!?

That is what they said about Iron workers in the '30's when they walked along beams 100's of feet in the air. If they fell? meh... send more up. We have come along way since then.

Not in space we haven't.

We literally are in the pioneer days of it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Sooo
Whats your point?!?

Not in space we haven't.

We literally are in the pioneer days of it.

Private enterprise is in the pioneer stage, not publicly funded exploration. NASA had more checks and balances than any private corp. can afford. That is how private travel has brought the price/passenger down from almost 80 million to about 20 million. Skimping out on safety is how they achieve that. And that's fine until someone dies or gets seriously injured, then the party is over. It will have to back to 80 million just to appease the settlements.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Do not let scare you, beezzer, and thanks for the ride.

You'll see, it will be an interesting journey and we will find a lot of helpful people, nice, friendly and very welcoming.

Thank you for picking me up.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Congrats and hope it is all legit, you never know these days.

Of course it isn't legit. It's a scam.

I remember a similar one from the early Sixties, in which they sold tickets for the inaugural passenger flight to the Moon.

The OP now has two options.

1. He can attempt to create a futures market in useless Mars ticket optons, hoping that in a few years' time people even more gullible than he will pay him more for his option than he paid for it himself.

2. Never wear his nice new T-shirt but keep it wrapped in its original packaging with the seal unbroken, hoping that it will acquire value in the future as a collectors' item.

I wish him the best of luck.

edit on 6/9/14 by Astyanax because: just like buses, there'll be another along in a minute.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join