It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right VS Left ideology (The Puppet show)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Annee
My problem is the Christian Right --- which has become the official stance and media voice of the GOP and the Right.

When an official party of a primarily 2 party system takes the official stance of religion in a secular government ------ that is a BIGGIE as far as I'm concerned.

IMO fundamental Christianity has caused the divide in this country. There is no confusion for me.

Secular conservatives (there has to be some) need to take back their party.

I consider myself primarily centrist in a diverse country. Beyond that I don't discuss my political beliefs on ATS.

Aren't we assuming that when we hear politicians on the right mention GOD that they are referring to the Christian God??

I have said all along, "When a politician mentions "GOD" what they are really referring to is Gold, Oil and Drugs"!

Anyone can say they believe in GOD, but actions speak louder than words!

Yes. I do try to specify "Right Fundamental Christians" of the political kind.

I am not speaking of all god believers, whatever god of choice.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I don't think you are correct in your thought.Its the uninformed that are duped by propaganda,those that hear Rush or Sean's view and assume its the gospel truth.Those are the ones that fail to do any research into a topic.The educated realize its all a game and give up on it all.

Since you decided to pull the Right card, I'll assume you also mean the ones who listen to what Jon Stewart and Huffington Post say. Goes both ways, in the end you're worshiping a different wing, part of the same bird.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Gold Oil Drugs! You know it ! You see the strings too then.

Both sides left and right. Are put here to keep us at ends with each other. In some senses it makes perfect sense.
Yet on the other hand, it holds us up, and really does serve their greater GOD.

The left is just as dirty as the right.

The left have their way to go about it. And the right has its way to go about it.

I am not here to debate the details of Each groups actions. But actions speak louder than words.
And their actions exposed their strings to me, and many others.

link   

My problem is the Christian Right --- which has become the official stance and media voice of the GOP and the Right.

When an official party of a primarily 2 party system takes the official stance of religion in a secular government ------ that is a BIGGIE as far as I'm concerned.

IMO fundamental Christianity has caused the divide in this country. There is no confusion for me.

I consider myself primarily centrist in a diverse country. Beyond that I don't discuss my political beliefs on ATS.

Aren't we assuming that when we hear politicians on the right mention GOD that they are referring to the Christian God??

I have said all along, "When a politician mentions "GOD" what they are really referring to is Gold, Oil and Drugs"!

Gotcha!

I wasn't trying to create an argument with you, just throwing some of my primordial ooze into the thought process is all....

link   
Star and flag for your great thread, i am amazed in this day and age that with all the information out there that people still fall for the traps that our overlords put up for us, i couldent have said it anymore elegantly that you.

Wish i could give you a billion stars and flags.
edit on 2-9-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Gotcha!

I wasn't trying to create an argument with you, just throwing some of my primordial ooze into the thought process is all....

No prob.

Thought you were actually trying to help with clarification.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

Here's the reason why people are duped by this divisive political system. The choice of selecting what party you side with is ingrained in your head at a very young age . If your parents were registered democrats, most likely they talked bad about republicans around you as you were growing up. You than just followed your parent's lead and became a a Democrat. The same is true with parents who are registered Republican. It's simply being brain washed into believing that everything the opposite political party does is bad. Kids 11, 12, 13 years-old, who know nothing about the issues, already argue and support their parent's particular party!

It's the same thing with religion. If your parents were Catholic, you were brought up Catholic. If your parents were Muslim, you were brought up Muslim. It's being brain washed at a very young age.

We have posters on ATS who will try to turn any negative fact about their party issue into something positive. It's like all they see is black or white! Their party can do no wrong! They fail to realize that both parties are controlled behind the scenes by the same lobbyists walking the halls of Congress. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why congress doesn't want campaign finance reform and term limits. Both parties are being bribed.

edit on 2-9-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think it's a matter of 'belonging' to a group. Individuals will over-look the most absurd propositions to feel part of a group. Regardless of 'survivalist', 'self-made' statements, human's are social animals and will go to any lengths, however odd, to satisfy our social need.

Survival, at times, requires that we accept certin dogmas and we unconsciously choose whether to believe or not depending largely upon ego strength, defined as:

ego strength,
(in psychotherapy) the ability to maintain the ego by a cluster of traits that together contribute to good mental health. The traits usually considered important include tolerance of the pain of loss, disappointment, shame, or guilt; forgiveness of those who have caused an injury, with feelings of compassion rather than anger and retaliation; acceptance of substitutes and ability to defer gratification; persistence and perseverance in the pursuit of goals; openness, flexibility, and creativity in learning to adapt; and vitality and power in the activities of life. The psychiatric prognosis for a client correlates positively with ego strength.

Also having an open mind is required and a willingness to be wrong. I'd include those traits within the definition of Ego Strength.

And please note that Ego Strength is, practically, inverse to ones 'self' strength or dominance.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
hey,Jon Stewart is an equal opprotunity basher! Seriously,he will point out dem problems,its just that the right has so many fronts to attack.I consider myself to be the true middle of the road,and I laugh at ALL politicians

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat
I don't think you are correct in your thought.Its the uninformed that are duped by propaganda,those that hear Rush or Sean's view and assume its the gospel truth.Those are the ones that fail to do any research into a topic.The educated realize its all a game and give up on it all.

Define: 'uninformed' or 'informed' for that matter.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat

That I agree on. I think all of them are laughable

Personally I feel Jon Stewart along with Sean Hannity and the rest are just there to continue dividing us. They're all entertainers, like mainstream reporters and actors. Bread and circuses with different technology.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Thanks for your input. That really does resonate with me on a very deep level. On many fronts.
As it was my parents who tried with all their heart to make me into a drone, who voted, and picked a side.
I grew up with some very Right Wing Conservative family members.

They absolutely tried pushing their systems upon me. I think that is just human nature, and it is hard wired into us.
But everything you posted speaks much volume to me, and to other like minded people.

Its such a hard wired part of our lives now. That it is going to be a hard habit to break. And IMO its become just that. A really bad habit. And falls directly under human nature, and how we are as human beings.

But when you get to them young. Better hope that kid has a level of awareness, where they can sense something is not right about it. I had that hunch when I was young too. But out of fear of what others might think I just said and did nothing. Now its different. I could not sleep at night knowing I did nothing at all.
And just typing something up on a website online is not doing all that much. But it is better than saying or doing nothing.

Thanks again
Great post, you see the strings too.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
I think it's a matter of 'belonging' to a group. Individuals will over-look the most absurd propositions to feel part of a group. Regardless of 'survivalist', 'self-made' statements, human's are social animals and will go to any lengths, however odd, to satisfy our social need.

Survival, at times, requires that we accept certin dogmas and we unconsciously choose whether to believe or not depending largely upon ego strength, defined as:

And please note that Ego Strength is, practically, inverse to ones 'self' strength or dominance.

It was wise to bring up that point. As this part has been with us since the dawn of human beings living in villages, then towns, and into cities. I absolutely agree that the left and right where spawned from pure human nature.
Everyone has a voice and a side to what ever they feel. One group in the dawn, would simply be outnumbered and slaughtered for their stance. We come from a very bloody past. And our past is important part of this to considered. As we can not understand the present without first understanding our past.

Thus these groups spawn straight out of Survival. Safety in numbers.

While we live in a different age, ego and group survival is still a huge factor in this.

They use pride, and ego to dig people into one side or the other. I would just ask all those who are so dug in. Please come out of those trenches. We all live in the same country here. We need to take the power back, and that is for our survival, as the tables are turning, and slowly we are being manipulated into fighting each other. There are to many of us now for them to take any chances with us being aware.

Thanks for your input FyreByrd, always good to consider other lines of thoughts and roots.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Star and flag for your great thread, i am amazed in this day and age that with all the information out there that people still fall for the traps that our overlords put up for us, i couldent have said it anymore elegantly that you.

Wish i could give you a billion stars and flags.

Thanks!
I have been trying to find a way to word this, and still I could have done better, but its got the ball rolling here. There are many out here with these same thoughts and feelings. The strings are becoming visible, due to the information we have out here. Yet in all truth, its very hard to find non bias information. Everything has some kind of slant to it.
I just try to take what I need, read between the lines, and leave what I do not need behind me.

the overlords know, that the two party system works for some things. It does work sometimes. But overall its has become a shell of what it was suppose to be. And now is simply used to fire us up, and creates more hate and anger than what is really needed.

Our leaders are really good at making us hate one another. But that stuff is hard wired into our human nature.
As its easier to kill or hurt a whole group of people you where programed to hate.
Such as on the other side of the pond. The Elites that own the middle East, have programmed their people to HATE the West. Elites in the West program us to HATE middle east people. So when we do go to war, and start killing each other, that empathy is lost. As we all where duped into hating people we have never even met or spoke with in person. Crafty and sneaky bastards. With some kind of hard on for money, war, and blood.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Good OP. What gets me is that no matter who gets in office...no matter which party is in charge at the time, very little ever changes for the better. Things usually stay the same or get worse. I have always felt like both parties, on most levels, are the same faction.

Folks say, "Make your vote count". What? The game is rigged from the git go...from pregnant "chads" that should have been aborted anyway a long time ago, to electronic voting machines that can be hacked into easy as pie...while fat cats sit on the Hill and say, "Let them eat cake" once they get in. I haven't trusted the voting system for years. As far as govt. itself...I would feel a lot better if there weren't so many politicians with dual citizenship in govt. It should be "either/or" and America first and only.

We, as a country, do get divided on so many problems/issues that we expend so much energy fighting amongst ourselves that we forget to zero in on the bigger picture after a while and just snipe about "party lines" and don't see the forest for the trees...maybe that is part of a plan, I don't know. Parties divide us, religions, greed, corporate interests and so on. As long as we are bickering amongst ourselves, we aren't paying attention to who or what "puppet" is behind the curtain and pulling the strings and we accomplish nothing.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Would a Romney presidency have ended the defense of the Defense of Marriage Act which has so far ushered in civil liberties for gays across many states over the past couple years? Would a Romney presidency have ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell in the military? Would Democratic state legislatures have curtailed women's health and blocked some pathways to voting like Republican state legislatures have in the last four years? Would Democratic governors have attempted and successfully prevented the poor from receiving the new Medicaid benefits that have come with the Affordable Care Act like some Republican governors have?

I did not vote for Obama, but please don't try to claim Obama and Romney and Republicans and Democrats are the same. We've seen clear differences especially over the last five years with an increasingly radicalized group of conservatives gaining power in state and federal offices.

I'll never get behind these "both sides do it" magical balance fairy posts here or elsewhere on the internet.

The facts are the conservatives are anti-minority, anti-poor, anti-foreigner, and anti-female. The only thing they seem to be for is wars and theocracy. This is increasingly the case with conservatives as their tent is ever-shrinking and only the ideologically pure remain.

Some (not all) liberals at least attempt to usher in new civil liberties, help the poor, and want to end foreign wars. We're not getting all that with Obama, but I can guarantee you we would have gotten nothing under Romney or McCain.

You might consider yourself a moderate conservative, but if you speak up at any rightward political convention about wanting to give gays equal rights, increase taxes on the rich to help the destitute, or stop the endless wars, you will be shouted down and possibly expelled.

edit on 4-9-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

That's great! I have been hearing that for years, except I always just assumed their god was a golden cow of some sort; the pure worship of money.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think of politics (poly-many, tics-blood sucking vermin) and all i can see is this comic.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frith

I did not vote for Obama, but please don't try to claim Obama and Romney and Republicans and Democrats are the same. We've seen clear differences especially over the last five years with an increasingly radicalized group of conservatives gaining power in state and federal offices.

I'll never get behind these "both sides do it" magical balance fairy posts here or elsewhere on the internet.

I simply do not vote. My vote does not matter. That is the cold hard truth. Electoral college gets that "honor" to Select, not elect.

I can prove to you that Obama Care, and Romney Care are 2 in the same. Sure they are different people. But they both are puppets. They serve the SAME private interests. Both parties do. They give the illusion of choice and differences, but I am telling you they are the same. Left and Right hands, both connected to ONE body.

If you want to claim my posts as Magical fairy tale posts, then you are one of the people I am talking about in my OP. You are so DUG in, and so intrenched that you will never see the strings.
You do not see the puppets dance on the wires as many of us see it.

I have a level of empathy for you, as it makes me sad to know many smart, well rounded people such as yourself, have had the wool pulled over your eyes.

The very people who have you at ends with others, are the very people you are sitting here protecting. I understand why you protect them, and stand up for this way of life. Its a really bad habit, and bad habits are hard to break!

We could go back and forth, till we are blue in the face. Yet that will only serve their agenda. So I thank you for your input. I knew I would get some push back from this OP. I expected it. So I could hardly be offended that you come here and offer the only way you know how. From the Hole you have dug yourself into, you can not see what I see. You could. But you gotta come out of those trenches and look a little deeper into these things.

However most people who have dug themselves in, either out of pride, or ego, will refuse this gesture, and remain in their fox hole, and keep up that Status Quo.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There are CLEAR ideological differences between right, and left.

And we can thank that GD piece of paper for the reason the are perceived to be the 'same'.

Both sides know there is only so much bulls nip they can get away with.

But then again all politics is based on perception.

The perception of reaility.

Key word perception.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join