It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnocchi bake with chicken, mushrooms, spinach and parmesan cheese.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I love gnocchi and this is probably my favorite dish to make with it! My son who is only 15 mths loves it too. I swear he eats anything and everything. So far the only thing he turned his head to is a peach.

You can make your own gnocchi or buy it at the store. It's usually in the pasta aisle.

Baked Gnocchi With Chicken, Mushrooms, Spinach and Parmesan Cheese

Ingredients
1 lb chicken
1-2 tbs EVOO
1 1/2 tbs Herbs de Provence
1/4 cup white wine
1 8 oz package of sliced portabella mushrooms
1/2 tbs minced garlic
2 tbs unsalted butter
2 tbs flour
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup half and half
****you can use 1 1/2 cups of whole milk if you don't have the other items.
1 cup chicken broth
1 package of Gnocchi (17 ounces)
1 3/4 cups loose baby spinach
1/3 cup grated parmesan (I used a garlic parmesan blend, it was good)

Directions

1. Cut up chicken into tiny 1 inch pieces. Cook in evoo with wine and the Herb de Provence. Once cooked drain liquid and put chicken aside.
2. Sautee mushrooms in a little salt and pepper with the garlic just until slightly brown and soft then set aside as well.

3. Melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook 3 mins while whisking those 3 mins. I just set my timer.
4. Add milk, heavy whipping cream and half and half and chicken broth. Simmer whisking constantly until slightly thickened.
***I added some corn starch to help it thicken a little. I have made it without and liked the corn starch addition. Just about 1 tbs should do.
5. Now mix chicken, mushrooms, gnocchi, spinach, parmesan cheese and white sauce in a large bowl. Mix til spinach is wilted and everything has mixed together. Transfer to a baking dish.
6. Bake 20 mins. Turn on broiler and bake additional 3 mins.

When it's done let it sit for a few mins so sauce thickens a little more. It is really good the next day too!

I adapted this recipe from the Baked Gnocchi With Chicken

I made it as written the first time and it didn't have much flavor so I changed the chicken and the white sauce mixture. I have also made it without mushrooms and it's just as good. I want to make it again but maybe put a Chicken Piccata twist on it with a lemon sauce and some capers with artichoke. I will try that next and let you all now how that goes.

I think this is my favorite dish right now. I have made it almost every week in the last month. It is simple and tasty and my son likes it. I had surgery Friday so I had to think of quick and easy for dinner so all it needs is a reheat. It also doesn't bother my stomach so that is good!

This will be a recipe i mess around with and try other combinations to go with it. I love gnocchi and many people dont' even try it because they don't know what to do with it. I found that gnocchi by itself is too much. It is a potato pasta. It is really easy to make by yourself but it does take a little time and effort. I find gnocchi goes best as a second ingredient in bakes and casseroles.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I love gnocchi too! I have just gotten tired of the red sauce routine!

I subscribed to your thread so I can put these ingredients on my upcoming grocery list!

I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing!

Why do your pictures always look so delicious?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Awesome recipe!

I will definitely be trying this next week!
Thank you!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I love red sauce but it doesn't love me. I have to be careful with it but white sauce and I have no issues!!

I'm going to make it next with a lemon butter cream sauce and have it like a chicken piccata bake.

It is delicious! I'm eating leftovers right now. My son had some for dinner and ate an entire plate. This is one dish that doesn't last long in the fridge.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Awesome recipe!

I will definitely be trying this next week!
Thank you!

You're welcome. Let me know how it comes out!

top topics

join