It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Democrats distancing themselves from President Obama as midterms approach

page: 1

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:03 PM
Well with the November elections getting closer and closer by the day, it seems many Democrats are attempting to get further and further away from Obama as possible.

Democrat candidates are scared stiff that all the Obama flops, flips, fumblings, mumblings, stumblings and bumblings and failures will get the attention of voters and they will get voted out or will not defeat any opposing candidates.

Some desperate Democrats are even casting an *Illusion* of distance by actually criticizing Obama !!

This phenomenon is happening at local, state, and federal levels.

Don't let this campaign tactic fool you !!

If and when Democrats that *Appear* to be against Obama get elected, they will jump right back to the standard Democrat/Progressive points of attack.

If you think you've already seen the Democrat next level of BeeEss, think again, and think hard and deep.

Vengeance and jealousy run rampant among rabid Democrats and Progressives. If they gain power again, they will bombard you with punishing laws and regulations just to "get even".

President Obama spent Labor Day in Wisconsin, opening the campaign season in a battleground state with a tight race for governor — but the Democrat at the top of the ticket there was nowhere to be seen.

Mary Burke, who is battling to unseat Republican Gov. Scott Walker, decided to steer clear of Obama’s visit to LaborFest, an annual salute to organized labor held in Milwaukee.

She became the latest in a parade of Democrats in tight races who have tried to create space between themselves and a President with weak poll numbers.

Democrats distancing themselves from President Obama as midterms approach

Don't Fall for IT !!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:11 PM
I grew up during the Rock the Vote era. I still don't vote. I'm totally discusted, I don't trust any of them and, voters registrations shouldsnt be used for half the things they are.

If you ever get a chance to sit in on Congress at work you'll be reminded of H.S. I sat in the Capital building in H.S. and it was much more entertaining than my sons feild trip to the state congress.

I don't believe our votes matter. I believe dollars matter and I understand the system. All the kids wanted to be in my group because I whispered the answers they were asking to them.

That worries me too. Our children don't understand the system!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:13 PM
a reply to: xuenchen

People need to wake up and see the game that is being played against them! It works that way for both parties. Depending on the party in office if a lousy job is the perception in the publics mind, they play the distance and criticize role so that they can con some votes.

People need to look at what their *elected officials* voted on, so that they can say, "Ummmmm NO!, excuse me Senator/Congressperson, why do you only act like you care when it is election time?"!

Something like this anyhow........King George almost got it right.....

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM

Obama is radioactive and the dems know it. All it would take to sweep the elections for the republicans now is run TV ad's about democrat support for amnesty and Obama's failed foreign policy.

Unfortunately I read an article earlier (can't find it now) about what the slavering republicans want to do it they take both houses of congress. It ain't pretty, it won't help regular American citizens and it will continue it's support of Wall Street, etc.

'The only way to win is not to play."

edit on 811pm0505pm12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:43 PM
I don't think it will help them at all. Most people I hear talking wants new meat, and to get rid of all former politicians, from senators to mayors. If it pans out, it could either be a good thing, a bad thing, or more of the same bought puppetry that we're all accustomed to.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:02 PM

The Democrats are finished and I'll tell you why.

1. Obama has scorched his very base. He's done nothing for the black community, if anything, he's hurt it by letting illegals come here and take jobs away. The middle class, well the majority, are not happy about having to pay more for everything from health care to gas and food. They're pissed. The rich, well, they'll try to influence the vote toward whatever way makes them more money.

2. Obama has lied and the Democrats followed all of his lies and gone along with him for 6 years now, people see it. They can't hide it they'll mostly be voted out.

Obama, after this November, will have a House and Senate full of Republicans and he'll try to pass laws with his little pen and that's about it. He's pretty much done.
edit on 9/2/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:08 PM

OPINION: Even IF the Democrats wanted to save themselves by Impeaching the 'O' ... Harry Reid would prevent it from passing thought the U.S. Senate ... ( since he's supposedly? their Majority Leader ).

( i.e. the Democrats are ... Self-Screwed )

“We are 66 days out from the November elections,” Cruz said, adding:

Sixty-six days from now, just over 1,500 hours, we’re going to retake the United States Senate, and we’re going to retire Harry Reid.

So I’m here to say "thank you," but this summit is also a call to action.

Every man, woman and child who is here, we got 66 days and we got a job to do.

I’m going to tell you four key issues that are going to be front and center come election day.

Number one, no amnesty.

If you support amnesty, vote Democrat.

If you oppose amnesty, throw Harry Reid out.

Cruz noted that the second-most important issue of the year is Obamacare.

He went on to detail how adopting smarter foreign policy and defending Americans’ constitutional rights are a close third and fourth.
Harry Reid to become ... 'Insignificant'?

DISCLOSURE: Siding with Texas U.S. Senator Ted Cruz.

( i.e. Harry Reid [and his Democrats] will become ... 'Insignificant' )

edit on 2-9-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:16 PM
You're right. The Dems are trying to distance themselves from Obama, but it's nothing new. We see it from both sides when a presidents term comes to an end. By the time a president exits the WH, people are sick of em. So they try to make a little room between themselves and the president.

So I agree. Don't believe the Dems.....and don't believe the Reps either. They're toxic as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:16 PM
What we need is not more Obama, or more GOP, or more Romney, or more Hillary.

We need someone with the courage, the strength of character, to stand up to assclowns on both sides of the aisle and fix the mess we are in.

Democrats? Spineless cowards and idiots.
GOP? Spineless cowards and idiots.

*This message was brought to you by the "I Hate Idiotic Politicians Campaign*

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
It's gonna boil right back down to a vote for the lesser of two evils. It always does. It IS frustrating.

And 'they' just keep gettin' richer and richer.

top topics