It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS video appears to show beheading of US reporter Steven Sotloff

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClassicCon
These animals will only be stopped by direct confrontation by US forces. IMO, if any individual has a suspected link to these rejects of modern society, they should be wiped out immediately. In fact, the whole damned middle east should be turned to glass.

Lets hear it for the good old US of A. what would we do without them?

Seriously dude, the entire middle east turned to glass? Because of what? two dead journalists? Where were your calls to commit genocide for the past four years while other innocent, non American women and children were being massacred? Or the toddlers crippled by Israeli bombs in Gaza?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

“Our thoughts and prayers, first and foremost, are with Mr Sotloff and Mr Sotloff’s family and those who worked with him.” He said the US had “dedicated significant time and resources” to try and rescue him.

With all due respect, "Dedicated significant time and resources" my @$$!
IF this was Hillary Clinton or McCain or anyone they do truly care about, that place would have been swarming with special forces within HOURS.

They did NOT truly want to save him so he died. Period.
ANYONE who knows about the breathtaking capabilities of the CIA's intel gathering and special ops branches (SOC/SAD) and/or US Military special forces (devgru/ST6/ACE/Delta etc.) knows full well that there is no place on this planet that you can hide if they TRULY want to find/rescue a hostage.

May he rest in peace. I can imagine being beheaded by these animals isn't exactly the last conscious experience anyone would want. Yet another innocent brother who lost his life at the hands of these A-holes who CONTINUE to be supported and armed in Syria and Turkey with our help, the west.

IT--
edit on 2-9-2014 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Another terrible murder ,and video on the web to prove it .I wonder how concerned Israel , Saudi Arabia ,Iran,Turkey and other countries in that region feel about what is happening ? Wouldn't it make more sense for those countries to take care of this group then a country half way around the globe like the US .? Besides the Obamanator doesn't have a plan and probably wants to get in as many holes as he can before winter sets in .

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

I agree. They hate the west. The west are all devils. Yet they want us to take action

I don't understand it

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Willtell
Obama’s got to be a man now.
He has go ahead and make a deal with Assad.
Draw them other Arabs in and Turkey and if they don’t come along then cut em off of military assistance.
Then get NATO along and
WIPE ISIS OUT!

If not then Obama should
RESIGN

This isn't happening in America so why should he resign? Why can't people get it through their heads that these nations have to deal with their own problems. You and others like you that are so deadset getting more Americans killed fighting another war that we shouldn't be fighting should be forced to be on the front lines in the fighting.

Because they're killing every American they can get their hands on, as well as every christian, and cutting their heads off on TV. Obama can give aid to every third wold country, but can't protect our people. Just like Libya.

Who is our people?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Exactly! So why the hell are they a member of NATO? Because the west including the USA has lost all credibility and whatever GUTS they ever had. My god ……….seriously……our leaders are so pathetic nowadays. Where the hell are hte Churchills and JFKs of the 21st century? Instead we have the Clintons, Obama, Bush senile and Bush junior, an actor from CA. Kerry? LMAO! Look at the guy………seriously….what a clown………between him, Obama, Hagel, Janet Yellen, Jack Lew…………Feinstein………Bonehead Boehner……….McCain………..it doesn't end….America has let these losers fail their way to the top echelons of politics for 30+ years. When will the American people wake up…………? Europe is even worse…….my god to even speak the words "British Empire" is almost embarrassing nowadays looking at how far that country and their government has fallen. And Merkel? LOL……haha…….complete and utter failure!

link   

originally posted by: DrMescalito

Draw them other Arabs in and Turkey and if they don’t come along then cut em off of military assistance.
Then get NATO along and
WIPE ISIS OUT!

If not then Obama should
RESIGN

This isn't happening in America so why should he resign? Why can't people get it through their heads that these nations have to deal with their own problems. You and others like you that are so deadset getting more Americans killed fighting another war that we shouldn't be fighting should be forced to be on the front lines in the fighting.

Because they're killing every American they can get their hands on, as well as every christian, and cutting their heads off on TV. Obama can give aid to every third wold country, but can't protect our people. Just like Libya.

Who is our people?

The people of the United States, you know, the country he's supposed to be the President of.
edit on 9/2/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

link   
If the still that I saw is of Sotloff, there is a building in the background. This should give intelligence analysts something to go on as to when and where this execution took place.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Your thinking is spot on.

His lack of actions with these people confirms for me who he really is.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Then get NATO along and
WIPE ISIS OUT!

If not then Obama should
RESIGN

Who is our people?

The people of the United States, you know, the country he's supposed to the President of.

ISIS aren't beheading people in the united states, that is Obama's job, his job isn't to police American citizens
in terrorist lands. Though I would respect him more if he did.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1
I would have thought that those Muslims who cry about Islam being a religion of peace would have done something about ISIS besmirching the name of their religion.
They won't. They never do.

IS/ISIL/ISIS/whatever pose a far greater risk to other Muslims in the area than they do to anyone in the US. I'd assume these people are far more concerned with this group invading their own territories than worrying about whether or not ISIS is "besmirching the name of their religion."

For example, consider that a few months ago they were making statements about invading Saudi Arabia and destroying the Kaaba which is considered the most sacred site in Islam.

edit on 2014-9-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Lack of out action ?

Yep.

Considering the EPIC outcry of minority death in this country by the hands of the police here.

than a terrorist organization going around cutting peoples heads off.

Something seriously wrong with this admins priorities.
edit on 2-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes but THE GOVERNMENT Of these countries is responsible sorting out this mess and making a stand against ISIS. Look at the Saudis. What CLOWNS! They signed a $60 billion dollar defense deal with us a few years ago. PUT THAT G'DAMN deal to work and get out there and fight these guys. Instead these clowns sit around in their stupid man dresses with their goofy sunglasses with their pinky in the air telling Europe and the US that ISIS could attack them within weeks. Sorry we as a nation should say F"k you Saudia Arabia we'll buy our oil from Russia, Iran, etc. But instead our idiotic stuck in the cold war senile politicians would rather make enemies out of countries like Russia and Iran.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Then get NATO along and
WIPE ISIS OUT!

If not then Obama should
RESIGN

Who is our people?

The people of the United States, you know, the country he's supposed to the President of.

ISIS aren't beheading people in the united states, that is Obama's job, his job isn't to police American citizens
in terrorist lands. Though I would respect him more if he did.

His job is to protect American interest and citizens wherever they may be and if they're being targeted by any group, to give orders to erase certain group. We've had plenty of Americans killed with these people basically telling is to go F our sisters by posting it on the internet for all to see.

This is not the first instance and by the looks of it, Obama will let it continue.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If the still that I saw is of Sotloff, there is a building in the background. This should give intelligence analysts something to go on as to when and where this execution took place.

You are right. Even in terms of the 90's intelligence capabilities that you are talking about, with help of various sat-imagery techniques it would take a short time to find a few places where the original vid could have been shot. And those places would ALL be crawling with SF within hours and he would have been rescued.

Now if you are talking 2014 search&track capabilities, you talk EM signature. Every place on this planet has it's own unique radiation signature that imprints on any film or audio. If properly analyzed, the signature can be found, isolated and compared to various sources ranging from sat. imagery to other video/audio that we have where we already know where they were shot.
Meaning what? Meaning that they would know in minutes, to an accuracy of a few hundred meters/yards where the video was shot.

What i said above is FACT. What I'm about to say however is my own personal opinion:
This is all bullsh!t. US needs boots on the ground in Syria but since we didn't let them, they've just spawned these barbaric fake Muslims in Iraq so that we can go into Syria via Iraq.
The people don't want another war? Well it sucks to be them! Cus we ARE going to war. Cus people are gonna continue to get murdered and beheaded until we grow sick and tired of the horrors and give invasion the green light.

IT--
edit on 2-9-2014 by edog11 because: Fixed spelling & grammar.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm not usually an interventionist, I've been against military operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, but I feel ISIS are different. They're not a country for one, they're just an organised group of bandits, albeit a pretty powerful one these days. I think it's time for USA and UK to sort out the mess they created.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

All I can say is ISIS is lucky I'm not calling the shots.

They would have been finished along time ago...

Hey Obama quit golfing and actually DO SOMETHING for a change.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
These are reporters, in very dangerous places - of course some are going to be captured and killed for the terrorists to try and "make a point." I find it disturbing that some have the mentality that the U.S. should "just kill them all and let God sort them out." There is no need to create scores or hundreds of civilian casualties due to a small # of reporters being captured and killed.

More countries need to get involved - the U.S. shouldn't be in the sole position of playing world police. I think the U.S. should be involved.. but not the only party involved. It's time for some other nations to step up to the plate and make a serious contribution. I grow tired of the U.S. not getting involved.. the U.S. population deriding them for their non-action.. so they get involved.. and the U.S. population again derides them for getting involved. They really are in a no-win situation.

The one thing religious fanatics are great at, is being a martyr. There is no need to go in guns blazing. There needs to be a multinational, planned effort to end this situation. They want you to become enraged and goad our country into making rash decisions..

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

Until Isis attack the US via mexico and then where will you stand?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I see they have appeared to "upgrade" their choice of knife. I am not buying this one either...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join