It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS video appears to show beheading of US reporter Steven Sotloff

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
NY Post - ISIS video appears to show beheading of US reporter Steven Sotloff

ISIS terrorists released a video on Tuesday that claims to show the beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff.
The TIME reporter was abducted in Syria in August 2013, and was last seen on the video of James Wright Foley’s execution two weeks ago — with the terrorists threatening he will be next if President Obama doesn’t back off.

Just broke, not much more information yet.

EDIT:

From Business Insider:

In the video released Tuesday by ISIS — entitled "A Second Message to America — Sotloff appears dressed in an orange jumpsuit before he is executed by an ISIS member.

Also NBC News has an embedded tweet from SITE Intel Group stating that in the video, ISIS is now threatening to behead British prisoner David Cawthorne Haines next.

edit on 2014-9-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

A threat or ?

NY Post ........
edit on 2-9-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here is another source. I was just going to post this story and saw your OP.

Steven Sotloff 'beheaded by Islamic State'

American hostage Steven Sotloff has reportedly been executed by jihadist terrorists. There was no immediate confirmation of the video.

Sotloff, 31, disappeared while reporting in Syria in August 2013. His apparent kidnap was not widely reported until he appeared on a video released last month by the Isil.

In the footage a masked militant beheads US reporter James Foley then parades Mr Sotloff, warning he will meet the same fate unless US President Barack Obama ends air strikes against the group in Iraq.

More to follow.

Link

And another

BEIRUT (AP) — An Internet video purports to show the beheading of U.S. journalist Steven Sotloff by the Islamic State group.

Sotloff, who freelanced for Time and Foreign Policy magazines, had last been seen in Syrian in August 2013 until he appeared in a video released online last month by the Islamic State group that showed the beheading of fellow American journalist James Foley.

Dressed in an orange jumpsuit against the backdrop of an arid Syrian landscape, Sotloff was threatened in that video with death unless the U.S. stopped airstrikes on the group in Iraq.

In the video distributed Tuesday and entitled “A Second Message to America,” Sotloff appears in a similar jumpsuit before he is beheaded by an Islamic State fighter.

Link< br />
edit on 2-9-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

+41 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Its time to crush Isis and its supporters! We need to rein so much hell that even to speak the name is a death sentence. Freaking religion of peace, yea right

+31 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I do not want to see the video.

That's what they want.

What a bunch of cowards...

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's time Obama to activate all drones , seals and all technology and destroy ISIS once for all and i dont care for collateral damage and civilians.

+105 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Its time to crush Isis and its supporters!

You mean the US government and military among others?

Your post is ironic considering that you're in uniform.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So "isis" kills an unarmed man. Are they, Isis, thought of as heros? Do we allow this to happen in our country or to our people if they visit other countries?

It is time we take action. We must prevent the threat.

If you see a tanned skin person please call the local law enforcement at '1 (888) for real'.

edit on 2-9-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Im starting to wonder whether Foley and now this guy were executed on the same day, but are being released via propaganda tricks. What a sick and twisted way to get a message across. And really when you get down to it, there message is lost in the barbaric act of beheading.
edit on 2-9-2014 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Posted the following in the other thread, would rather discuss here;

Wonder how long before we have a repeat of "it's a fake" and his grieving family are "Crises Actors" as was the case of James Foley.

Just waiting for the "decapitation expert ATS members" to enter this thread

link   
Beheading is pretty hard to do. In the medieval times when they executed criminals by beheading and used and axe, it took a few chops to get it off, thats why the french came up with the guillotine.

So i bet this video is a harrowing peice of cruelty, i wont be watching that even if i did have access.

And they are going to do it again? *sigh*

edit on b56561258 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

+42 more 
link   
a reply to: real_one

you know what I'd like to not get banned. So Im just going to say, you are ignorant and good luck in your search for truth

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

It is real.

Thank Mr. obama

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

More proof humanity still hadn't crawled out of the Dark Ages. These barbaric animals shows it.
edit on 2-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

Considering it's likely that he's one of the FEW that are actually on the ground on our behalf, fighting against this kind of bull#, why bother giving him a hard time?

Even if there are TPTB involved, it doesn't change the fact that it's military veterans like him that have to fight the fight, and sometimes die, regardless of who started it.

But no, I guess it's more important that you post a "whitty" reply on a forum to sound smart and prove..... what exactly?

*rolls eyes*

TechniXcality, ignore the arrogant haters. Thank you for your patriotism and service, you have all of my respect and best regards, man.

edit on 2-9-2014 by parad0x122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Not to be callous, but is anyone surprised by this? They said they were going to do it.

Now, we have intel that says that Foley was killed a year ago. Can't it be assumed, then, that this man was also already dead before the threat was even issued?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

If we don't go ALL in, hit them hard, fast, ugly, and furious, then we will be participating in a never ending fight with us using passive, weak reactions to their actions.

I don't see anyone going in hot and heavy to eliminate them.

A damned shame that someone had to die that way. Just add it to the thousands of people in the region that have already suffered under ISIS.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
Posted the following in the other thread, would rather discuss here;

Wonder how long before we have a repeat of "it's a fake" and his grieving family are "Crises Actors" as was the case of James Foley.

Just waiting for the "decapitation expert ATS members" to enter this thread

That's one of those conspiracy theories that makes little sense to me. Anyone who could pull that off has the ability and the lack of ethics to just do it for real and blame it on somebody else.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
These animals will only be stopped by direct confrontation by US forces. IMO, if any individual has a suspected link to these rejects of modern society, they should be wiped out immediately. In fact, the whole damned middle east should be turned to glass.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000
It's time Obama to activate all drones , seals and all technology and destroy ISIS once for all and i dont care for collateral damage and civilians.

If we would have fought this way in the first place we wouldn't have this problem right now. They've learned our weaknesses and it's going to be our downfall. We've spent more money and resources fighting half ass it's incredible.

Like the atom bomb, you go all out and end the war or lose more of OUR people. We're fighting over there because their people are either on their side, or are too chicken to stand up.

We have 2 Options here in my opinion:

1) Leave that side of the world to their own devices, lose our interests over there and care for ourselves over here with the resources and money spent on that debacle.

or

2) Blow the entire thing up, obliterate anything and everything that's fighting against us, whether hiding in a school or not and end it once and for all.

Anything in between and we will be the ones to pay for it in the end with our way of life and our children's, grand-children's and so on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join