It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State video purports to show beheading of US hostage Steven Sotloff

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Islamic State video purports to show beheading of US hostage Steven Sotloff.

Currently being reported on Twitter. Will provide a link when MSM report on it.

Condolences to his family.

News source BBC

BBC

Wanted to add to breaking news forum but "post button" disappeared MODs please move if possible.
edit on 2.9.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Deeply sad times indeed for him, his family and loved ones... :

From the Daily Telegraph :

American hostage Steven Sotloff has reportedly been executed by jihadist terrorists. There was no immediate confirmation of the video.

The video reportedly warns governments to back off from "this evil alliance of America against the Islamic state.

More here : www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on Tue Sep 2 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on 2/9/14 by Rodinus because: Too much copy paste

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Another Beheading, Sadly im not shocked. Something has got to be done about ISIS.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wonder how long before we have a repeat of "it's a fake" and his grieving family are "Crises Actors" as was the case of James Foley.

Just waiting for the "decapitation expert ATS members" to enter this thread
edit on 2.9.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Where can this vid be seen?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
"We don't negotiate with terrorists... except in 5 for 1 deals."

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

No idea, and to be honest, I don't want to know. I doubt it will be found on YouTube or Twitter following James Foleys murder.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
MODs, happy for you to close this thread so we can all debate in the "Breaking News Thread".

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Update Tweets are saying IS- "Threatens to Execute Briton David Cawthorne Haines" also.

originally posted by: combatmaster

No word on that yet. I'm sure they want it out there soon enough.
edit on 2-9-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Another Beheading, Sadly im not shocked. Something has got to be done about ISIS.

US Military is currently attacking ISIS daily and ramping up engagements as intelligence and deployments allow. It is a lot to coordinate and a lot of logistics moving in assets. Coordination with Syria, Turkey and Iran and even Iraq will take some time so we don't end up having their air defenses shooting at our aircraft. Right now only assets on the ground are CIA and Special Ops, some civilian forces like Blackwater etc... Will likely remain that way as US is providing the Air attacks and getting the locals to do most of the ground work.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If the still that I saw is of Sotloff, there is a building in the background. This should give intelligence analysts something to go on as to when and where this execution took place.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Wow this is terrible. I cant help but think that the worst part is that it was carried out by a British Jihadist.

"The British jihadist, Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary, known as Jihadi John"

Just look at this scum bag. Thats his little rap studio where his lyrics are now being pumped into the minds of young impressionable youths in the UK...

The UK and the US need to make a clear stance on their nationals and radical islam. I am not saying that Islam should be illegal, but radical Islam most certainly should. This man was in the UK going to your doctors, schools and getting your tax monies while secretly planning against your country and its allies. I wonder how many "jihadi johns" we have in the US....

Poor guy, this Steven fellow. How backwards can you be that you cant distinguish between an impartial journalist and his countries government. May he rest in peace.

edit on 9 2 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Of all the execution, beheading and whatever killing videos ISIS are releasing on the internet, the James Foley and Steven Sotloff executions videos are the ONLY 2 videos ever released by them that cuts the actual execution.

Somethings not right here, in my opinion. Do they cut it for respect to their relatives? After seeing tons of other videos by them, why should they show respect? I thought the sole purpose of these videos was to threaten and shock people and then they proceed to cut the shocking part?

hmm

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: spire
Of all the execution, beheading and whatever killing videos ISIS are releasing on the internet, the James Foley and Steven Sotloff executions videos are the ONLY 2 videos ever released by them that cuts the actual execution.

Somethings not right here, in my opinion. Do they cut it for respect to their relatives? After seeing tons of other videos by them, why should they show respect? I thought the sole purpose of these videos was to threaten and shock people and then they proceed to cut the shocking part?

hmm

Not true, ISIS beheaded a Kurdish Solider last week and it faded in and out just as these two videos have. Check Google.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

hmm

Not true, ISIS beheaded a Kurdish Solider last week and it faded in and out just as these two videos have. Check Google.

I must have missed that one then. But the reasoning behind it doesn't suit their "tradition" of their videos. It's like they're afraid of showing it and just cuts to the result which is shockingly, but not as much as they would have hit us with if they showed the execution happening. It just feels off from what their purpose of the videos are.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

hmm

I must have missed that one then. But the reasoning behind it doesn't suit their "tradition" of their videos. It's like they're afraid of showing it and just cuts to the result which is shockingly, but not as much as they would have hit us with if they showed the execution happening. It just feels off from what their purpose of the videos are.

Probably to get the videos seen by a larger audience.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: spire

I don't think they (the originals) do cut out, I seen the first video (curiosity got the better of me) and knocked it off the split second before he started cutting...there was still quite a bit of video left.

After watching him (Foley) give his final words (as odd as they were), I just couldn't watch his execution, it's not right that people should view it....

The high quality and production (compared to faces of death videos especially) is just plain creepy too...

I think the majority of the videos in circulation have been cut by news agencies, and people with a sense of decency etc....but I honestly believed if I hadn't stopped the original when I did, I would have had a few sleepless nights, thankfully I will never know.

edit on 2/9/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

The "originals" do cut... thats whats interesting. But "other" ISIS videos dont. These however do. Curious.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The Neocons want Obama to attack ISIS and Assad at the same time!

Here may be the fly in the ointment folks...

So now the cats out the bag.

The horror of ISIS just may be all a con just to destroy Assad after all

I just heard a neocon, of course on fox news, say the most absurd thing I heard in all of this.

He said that Obama should go after ISIS in Syria and at the same time go after Assad’s forces:

That would be an unmitigated disaster

It would make Syria another Iraq and just drag this on and on and on, not to mention bring Russia and Iran in to fight on Assads side.

The worst is that it might make Assad and ISIS allies!

We would have IRAQ x 10

It loooks like the zionist and neocons are doing their usual evil sinistes slinkling devil routine folks

So even if Obama does the right thing they will have him create more mischief in the process

edit on 2-9-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The Neocons want Obama to attack ISIS and Assad at the same time!

Here may be the fly in the ointment folks...

So now the cats out the bag.

The horror of ISIS just may be all a con just to destroy Assad after all

I just heard a neocon, of course on fox news, say the most absurd thing I heard in all of this.

He said that Obama should go after ISIS in Syria and at the same time go after Assad’s forces:

That would be an unmitigated disaster

It would make Syria another Iraq and just drag this on and on and on, not to mention bring Russia and Iran in to fight on Assads side.

The worst is that it might make Assad and ISIS allies!

We would have IRAQ x 10

It loooks like the zionist and neocons are doing their usual evil sinistes slinkling devil routine folks

So even if Obama does the right thing they will have him create more mischief in the process

That is undoubtedly what this is all about. Just look at the way all of Obama's opposition have it all sorted out. They don't receive the intel that Obama does but somehow they have it all figured out and it involves attacking Assad.

These videos I will not watch because whether it is real or fake l, it's purpose is to scare me and my family into believing that ISIS needs a response from our military.

To all you ISIL fans. Why would ISIL behead western citizens as a way to deflect foreign intervention? An idiot could figure out that would usher a response. The only reason that makes sense for ISIL actions is if ISIL wants to fight the west, in the ME. Is that what ISIL wants? Or is that what the military/industrial complex wants. I will bet on the latter.

Follow the money. Works every time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join