It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neutron Nukes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Perhaps there is yet another issue about Iran's nuke program. Are they developing Neutron bombs? I have attached an old article on the subject. The most incideous device yet a Neutron bomb attack would kill biologicals (including humans) and leave the OIL and production facilities in the middle east in tack.

www.manuelsweb.com...

"A terrorist could easily hand carry one of these mini-nukes in a suit case or even a paper bag. According to Cohen, it could be placed in the park across the street from the White House, or other strategic target, and detonated by timer or remote control. This type of neutron bomb would destroy every living thing for a radius of 500 yards, yet physical objects and buildings would be undisturbed. Nuclear radiation would also be quickly rendered harmless."

Another Cohen article
www.geocities.com...

This type of Thinking is very scary. It almost makes "neutron" nuke wars thinkable because of the lack of "physical" destruction of buildings and infrastructure.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

[edit on 6-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

"A terrorist could easily hand carry one of these mini-nukes in a suit case or even a paper bag. "

Doesnt a Neutron Bomb have to be detonated at a specific hieght to work? If I remember correctly, If you detonate a neutron bomb at ground level, there is no difference in destructive power.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The article was written by the "father" of the neutron bomb. I would think he would know how it works. Based on personal knowledge the "grapefruit" bomb is very real. Not unlike the Tolkra handgrenades in "Stargate SG-1".

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
From what I know about the device, it is a bit more complex then making a regular nuke.

Another thing that should be noted is that it's half life is significantly shorter then Plutonium, and thus the Radiation isn't around as long.

It was originally designed to handle Soviet tanks invading Europe if my memory serves me right.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Your memory is good as far as the US intended use of this device. However, with all the discussion as of late, Neutron devices seem to be left out of the debate. WHY?

I know France is still testing such devices in the Pacific. The data is somewhere in this site.

www.fas.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The height of detonation helps determine the radius blast I think. That and of course, the critical package. But keep in mind it's a short range thing.

top topics

join