It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is it really okay to hurt people who hurt other people?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
if you see a guy or girl get abusive is it really okay to be just as aggressive to them?

no really, if somone is about to hurt some one is it okay to hurt them first or does that make you an animal too.

ive never hurt anyone that didnt hurt anyone that didnt hurt anyone first. you cant simply ask them to stop, they just ignore you. is it really okay to project violence.

im not talking about stabbing or gun stuff, but is it okay to react like that or do do you just phone the cops and hope they show up in time?

edit: okay i did act first a few times but is that actually a responsible thing to do or not. do you wait for them to hurt someone or do you not
edit on b0303228 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

oh FFS - not this Shiite again - did you not learn anything from the last thread ?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
If you are seeing a helpless person being attacked and you scurry away and call the cops and just stand there watching you are IMO are just as responsible as the attacker.

“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.”

― William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

If someone attacks or is abusive to you, you have the right to defend yourself and I don't care what anyone says. Self defense has limitations but it is not violence if your intention is to protect yourself and I guess in this case someone else who cannot defend themselves. As for the Abuse part, better to walk away before it becomes violent but in the case of someone else I wouldn't get involved unless there was violence that followed. Tough call when your dealing with strangers though.
edit on 2-9-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Yup I do it at work all the time.
We are trained to do so, If a SU is going to kick off you have to restrain before they attack or harm themselves.
You get to know them and get to know their point of no return of fight or flight we obviously use other techniques to try and calm them down but sometimes they just need that release of physical energy.
In my private life I would do the same to stop someone getting hurt.
edit on 2-9-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
To defend those who can't defend themselves is a noble deed.
In fact back when I was training in martial arts such action was expected from the association.
But that doesn't give you permission to clobber people Biigsie, unless you're really Russell Crow.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Biggs...

There are no absolute, iron fast rules that can be applied to all situations fairly. Not every situation is the same, and therefore not every situation can be reacted to in the same way with legitimacy. Also, it is actually quite rare to see something happen from the initiating factor, all the way through to the aftermath of violence, unless you happen to be the target or the perpetrator. So it is rare to know the ins and outs of a situation.

So, in actual fact, the only thing I can say, is that one must seek to defend the weak, and prevent their oppression in all things. It is up to you to ensure that you use good judgement in these things, and no amount of suggestions, edicts, laws and legislature will help you in navigating that. Each persons path is their own, a route dictated by their level of understanding of the world around them, their place in it, and their ability to read a situation clearly.

Some people will find themselves on the wrong side of understanding, and others will not, and both will end up the other side of the line on occasion. As long as you attack the muggers, rather than the old ladies though, you should be ok!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I work at a hospital.

Restraints are only to be used when someone is at risk for harming themselves or someone else, and when less restrictive alternatives have been tried and did not work.

Replace restraints with violence, seems to mostly work.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I've broke up fights before, but one type of fight I won't get involved in because I have learned that both sides get on my case if I do. Cat fights are the most dangerous for a guy to intervene in.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Are you asking if it is okay to kick a bully's ass?

Absolutely...it should be mandatory

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

oh FFS - not this Shiite again - did you not learn anything from the last thread ?

Obviously not.

I think there may be a problem there.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I get the feeling if I answer I will get a" Well why didn't the great country of Antarctica come to Atlantis' aid when those pesky Nazis that came meddling with time" sort of reply.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If ANYONE would have intentionally hurt my children while they were young, They'd have gotten my full attention in a very articulately violent manner.

Having said that.

The vast majority of the time it all depends on context. One should ask of themselves a few questions before fists start flying. Was a life threatened, what were all the contributing factors and finally, could the situation be defused with diplomacy?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Could you not have asked this in one of your other threads about beating people up?
Stop trying to make yourself feel better and get pats on the back.... you did what you did, move on.... deal with it.

I mean... does this really need another thread?

FFS

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Could you not have asked this in one of your other threads about beating people up?
Stop trying to make yourself feel better and get pats on the back.... you did what you did, move on.... deal with it.

I mean... does this really need another thread?

FFS

i think it does need a new thread.

Is it okay to react like that or not.

No one is suggesting anyone with a simply disagreement needs any violent acts. Im saying if some one is about to hurt someone is it socially acceptable to injure them, do you wait till after they hurt some one else before you act.

is it simply never okay at all to do anything

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

i think it does need a new thread.

Is it okay to react like that or not.

No one is suggesting anyone with a simply disagreement needs any violent acts. Im saying if some one is about to hurt someone is it socially acceptable to injure them, do you wait till after they hurt some one else before you act.

is it simply never okay at all to do anything

But this was already asked on your last thread about knocking a guy out?
Everyone gave you their answers and it rumbled on for pages and pages.... what's the point?
What more is there to be said?
Do you want everyone to agree with you, come around to your way of thinking and say "bravo old boy, bravo..."

Not gonna happen dude.

If someone is about to be hurt... MOST people would stop the person about to attack, that goes without saying.
However if someone is in verbal disagreement with another person and poses NO threat and has made NO threats... then NO it is NOT ok to "knock them out"

Is that clear? Do you understand yet?

edit on 2/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

So thats a no from you?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If you are so conflicted about your violent tendencies, speak to your doctor.

Seeking approval in an on-line forum will only lead to more assaults and your eventual incarceration,

or worse.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Self defense and defense of those we love and even others is always justifiable in my opinion. The trick is know what force is legally applicable.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Okay fine, forget i said anything.

It was just a question. simple yes or no would have sufficed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join