It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May I present, "First Flight" Aerial cinematography

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This is my very first attempt at aerial cinematography with my new Phantom Vision plus multirotor UAV. Without the help of ParanoidAmerican, I would never have gotten the right software to do the editing so big Kudos to him/her.
So without anymore blah blah, I present "First Flight"

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Thank you for the honorable mention. The footage is beautiful reminds me of home a little bit, looks a lot like Oregon.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Famtastic. aI liked how the shots got progressively more advanced with addition of tilt zoom and flying away shots. I can't get over the clarity and detail of your shots.

Just ten short years ago I was using an HD can from Sony costing $250k. Your shots would have cost tens of thousands of dollars between helo rental, gyro and camera operator.

Bad ass that you can do it "at home." Blows my mind. Well done. reply to: FlySolo

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

I guess I should have mentioned this is the surrounding area of Vancouver and the mountains along the sea to sky highway towards Whistler. People pay big bucks to see this.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mcChoodles

Thanks for the comments. I'm hoping I can turn it from a hobby to something more well...lucrative

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Nice work, I love the forest shots. You should look into the real estate photography stuff. Now all we need is a nudist colony.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm impressed. I love the quality of the video and the beauty of the scenery.

I also love how much confidence you have in the quad. I only have 'toy' type quads and they haven't proved particularly reliable to date. I'm always afraid that they'll lose signal when they're flying over somewhere that's inaccessible on foot! I've been lucky so far!

Anyway, very well done, sir. S&F for your excellent effort.
edit on 2/9/2014 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Love the video. I am thinking about getting one for myself whilst I am still able to play with it.
i am just waiting for the anti-drone/anti-everything squad to jump out of the woodworks, and either threaten to shoot you or shoot your drone down, lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Can a Night Vision camera be hooked up to it? My family has property that is being burglarized a lot recently that is a fair distance from the house. Coupled with alarms (which can be by passed) I think this would be a great way to catch the perps.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Thanks for the comments. I'm hoping I can turn it from a hobby to something more well...lucrative

A still photographer buddy of mine has invested in a quad. He is paid by a large national chain of grocery stores to do annual surveys of properties to identify deficiencies and deferred maintenance especially with respect to roofs.

Try real estate management companies.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: iskander683

The confidence part is still work in progress. Took me days to get over the irrational fear of flying it over water and I can't stand doing it around people. As for signal loss, I'm, pretty impressed with its ability to keep locked on. It has a fail safe method to fly back to you using GPS if the signal gets broken. Only happened once.
edit on 2-9-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

"roof inspection"

There's got to be money in that. Realtors are using these for business but I'm waiting for the gov to clamp down on them before I introduce myself

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

There's more expensive quads for larger cameras in the film industry. However, they're too noisy to surprise anyone and battery life is limited.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604

That's what I'm afraid of but for the most part people are pretty curious and ask a lot of questions. I fly responsibly so I won't get into that situation.

new topics

top topics

join