It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can take Kiev in two weeks, Vladimir Putin warns European leaders

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Russia is getting desperate first there was the threat of turning the US to ash and now this. Its starting to get comical and on that note watch this.

It is not comical at all.

United States will exactly end in ASH, if the foreign policy of world domination by war and sabotage is not ended.

Someone will at some point make a suicidal run and take the bully down.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

But in 9 -10 months it could grow to 175 000 -200 000 strong.

Highly improbable.

When kiev govt has to enact a Draft - up to the age of senior citizens. This indicates that typical ukrainians don't want any part of the conflict.

Without even going into the MASS defections of the ukie soldiers to Russia. Can't be all that bad in Russia (taking Ukie refugees & now ukie soldiers) LoL

Alas, by then hopefully Novorossiya statehood would be created by then.

edit on 2-9-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: new info

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kdyam

As long as threads by Xcathdra are ignoring the things that US government does such as financing Kiev Junta revolution.

Things will be exactly where they are.

Nowhere.

I mean I can picture Meeting between Russia and US/EU,

It goes like this, If you can be ash-oles, so can we.

And on and on it goes, till one day nukes fly and we all die.

At least Aliens will have a nice laugh, stupid humans, look at them burn

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why on earth doesn't Ukraine decide to stay out of the EU, There is at least one country that would like to leave and I am not sure the UKrainians would be ready for the beaurocrasy or Europe and do we really want to be dragged into more wars?

I would like to see far more trade with Russia and I suspect Merkel's plans are to go that way also - ie by trade and agreement until we can get a decent agreement with Russia. It has to happen this way because with winter coming r
Russia holds the gas card and the EU countries need to have a similar card in order to keep industry and homes functioning and warm.

I am getting so fed up with watching our politicians behaving like little uninformed kids. cameron knows he can't antagonise Russia without a major problem with Germany and other EU countries we are supposed to be allied to. If he thinks I won't be pi---d if my gas is not on he is sadly mistaken.

Surely someone should be telling UKraine that it seems to be the fashion of redrawing borders today to actually suit the poor devils who live inside them and not imperialist States (you know who I mean) who originally drew them to suit outside needs..

It amazes me that politicians spout a lot of rhetoric but they don't seem to link their ideas to the consequences of their actions and its well time they damn well did!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: lightedhype

if you read the article you would notice it says he made the comment in response to the new sanctions coming down the road.

He is threatening the west that if we sanction him, he would finish Ukraine off.

In other words Putin is saying he can do what he wants, where he wants, and the west must accept it or else.

A similar mindset for Putin and Stalin, which did not work out so well for them.

Surprise, surprise!

Another (YET again) anti-Russian propaganda hit piece against your best buddy Putin.

I would have bet real money that you would create this thread OP...you're relentless in your incessant verbiage. Top marks for excruciatingly, numbing predictability. (slow clap...)

Now then, now i've released my angst, increasingly customary and commensurate with your snide 'I'm only reporting what others are saying' propaganda posts..lets put some perspective on your 'just innocently reporting what others have said' post shall we?

Your characteristic and predictably negative 'take 'n' twist' on what Putin said about being able to "take Kiev in two weeks if he wanted to" means just that...if he wanted to.

When logically thought out, without mind-crippling bias and in the absence of rabid propagandising sticky-fingered typing from you - it is crystal clear what the meaning of Putin's words are.

KIEV HASN'T BEEN TAKEN BY RUSSIA...clear OP?

If not, i'll spell it out of you.

Russia was stating a military fact, not a boast.

'IF' Russia had desired to take Kiev, they could easily do so...the fact that Kiev is still being run by Ukraine and not by the Russian Federation, might, just might be a subtle clue to a clear and rational mind that as simple as it would be to militarily crush Kiev and take Ukraine in it's entirety, it would not be a politically expedient move.

That is why, despite Western aggression and dumb, EU harming sanctions towards Russia and the apathetic Western sanctioned violence from Kiev against Eastern Ukrainian people dying on a daily basis, Russia could very easily accomplish taking down Kiev militarily, and yet...it hasn't happened...even with increasing sanctions.

Why not?

The key phrase in your hit piece is; 'If i wanted to'. Putin is clearly saying that he doesn't have plans to order his military into Kiev, as opposed to what you are snidely implying.

Tell you what OP...you keep churning out your poisonous, snide posts trying to rub Russia's nose in it at all and any opportunity...and i'll be among those who'll respond and show the readers who may not be aware of your post history, that there are at LEAST two meanings to every single quote you try to misrepresent and twist to your purpose (people can check on your post history...you know?), however much you predictably lay on the 'I'm not saying this, but only innocently passing on links to what others are saying' rhetoric (lol).

Go on...tell me you're only posting what others are saying and you are impartial and not in fact, on some weird crusade against Russia...i dare ya!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
If Russia could take Kiev into two weeks he would have. The Russian military is simply not up for the job. Ukraines military and its bases are all in the West a relic of the cold war. A Russian build up for such an operation would lead to a call out of Ukraines reserve so they would be facing over a million men. That would require Russia to call out the reserves to defend the rest of Russia and even then they would be still be out numbered in Ukriane and this is completely the opposite of how Russia is used to fighting. Massively superior numbers allowed Russia to achieve its goals in Georgia depite the poor performance of its forces. In Ukraine they do not have that luxery. The best hope of Russia would the spine just going out of Ukrainse forces but, as they would be fighting to Ukraines very survival that would unlikely.

So this is just Putin being Putin. Sending fighters and bombers toward non NATO states, claiming Russia forces are not in Ukraine but, if they are they are on vacation or just lost, and making sill boasts like the santions on Russia are doing nothing and that he could take Kiev in two weeks if he wanted.

I think it is also important to know the audience Putin is targeting is Russia. And while Russian propaganda sounds silly to those in the West, if you are in Russia you have to remember you only get the story Putin wants you to get.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Ukraine only have enough Resources to dress up about 400 000 men , but that was prior to the civil war. Russia estimate that Ukraine can dress up about 200 000 men, and that would take atleast 9 months to a year.

When it comes to Russia being able to invade Ukraine. It would take Russia about 3 days to get ridd of Ukrains Anti air defences completely. The rest would be a walk over for Russia.

Electronically the Air defence and communications of Ukrane would be unuseable right of the bat.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Yup.

Kiev govt can't even feed nor support their military!

Have you seen the ukie soldiers drinking water thats kept in a single bucket? Its yellow! Plus the ukie soldiers are literally given enough money to buy one vodka bottle - no joke. So thats why ukie military are all wasted & defection rates are HIGH. . .

- No money
- No food
- No clean drinking water
- No adequate sheltering
- Sent as cannon fodder w/out reinforcements
- Russia is the only one establishing a 'safety corridor' for the defecting ukie military

*shrugs*

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

-Russia is the only one establishing a 'safety corridor' for the defecting ukie military

I Wonder why no one actually pay much attention to this point you made. Why would the Ukrainian army defect to Russia if Russia is their main enemy and so evil?

Why not defect to the west, a EU country?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
a reply to: Eyemin

I know it is hard to imagine but we here in the west are not always the good guys...

Good luck getting the self-righteous to consider that thought.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BaconNeggs2

originally posted by: dragonridr
Russia is getting desperate first there was the threat of turning the US to ash and now this. Its starting to get comical and on that note watch this.

It is not comical at all.

United States will exactly end in ASH, if the foreign policy of world domination by war and sabotage is not ended.

Someone will at some point make a suicidal run and take the bully down.

It's just not fair to ask them to give up what they're good at.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

It needs to be a true coalition of the top 5 countries. Not one country has more of a say or more clout than the other. With it being an odd number you won't have a dead lock over issues and other countries can feel that they are being treated as equals instead of playing follow the leader to our 'exceptional' ways.

I don't care how much you may help other countries and people,if you act like everything is your way or the highway you will end up building up resentment with others. This isn't the United States of Earth the last time we looked,and we shouldn't be treating it like it was. We need people in key positions that have a more global view of our place in the world.

The only way diplomats should be able to be in their positions,is if they have actually at some time lived in that country,can speak the native tongue proficiently, and know of the customs and culture of those people. Supporting someone for their presidential run should not be a factor. We have some people with this experience in,but not enough.And someone in John Kerry's position should know of many countries cultures and languages.

We need to have standing rules that NO humanitarian group can have political aims in any way . If they are there to help the citizens of that country,they can only offer humanitarian help. They can not be involved with trying to instill another government or a rebellion. To do so would cause the disbandment of the group and jail time.

We act like we are trying to help other countries,and in some cases we actually do,but the cost to that country is more than what they get from us.We have several large NGO's (non-governmental organizations) that are and have been going into other countries that under the guise of spreading good humanitarian works,also spread our wonderful ideas on governing. The problem is, we end up supporting the wrong people as they try to over throw their governments,create havoc,and yeah,we don't seem to have things all worked out here either. We are trying to act like we have this utopian government here,and yet we have vets living in the streets with no medical care and suffering mental illness. We have tent cities that children are growing up in and few care. We have an over blown budget that no one seems to be able to get truly under control. I could go on and on. The people of the US have their hearts in the right place,but they aren't the ones running things. Its time to wake up America. Take back control of your country and let us do the right thing for us. Leave other countries to sift out their own problems like we need to do.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Well said... Every bit of it...

The only thing I can add is that this has been relayed as a Mr.Putin "quote" via a third party...

So not only is it taken out of context...it's really just hear say....
I'll join you with the slow clap!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Problem is America is legally responsible for Ukraine's defence along with the UK and Russia. This was part of the agreement made to de-nuclear Ukraine when it became independent.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ispyed

The only problem with that my friend is that they don't have to defend or protect the same parts of Ukraine...
The West are focused on defending the government instead of the thousands of innocent people they're shelling!

Russia seen to be for the people...
Even with the "full scale invasion" they haven't done!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

There are those here who actually think they can justify his jingoist boasting.

If a US/West leader made a similar statement they'd be grilled alive by those very same 'I want to have Putin's baby love fest' crowd as proof of a wider Zionist agenda and for being warmongers.

It's funny and sad at the same time.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Need to give Ukraine nuclear arms right now and Putin will shut up. It is called MAD and it is the fastest easy way to shut Putin down cold. Just give them nukes that can reach Moscow and hide them through Ukraine and Putin is done there.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

There are those here who actually think they can justify his jingoist boasting.

If a US/West leader made a similar statement they'd be grilled alive by those very same 'I want to have Putin's baby love fest' crowd as proof of a wider Zionist agenda and for being warmongers.

It's funny and sad at the same time.

The US has written plans to invade every nation on earth. Anyway Israel is considered western nation and they constantly claim they could wipe out Palestine if they wanted to and claim because they don't they are compassionate. Can Russia not claim the same?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Israel wrongly claims Palestine, right?

So, Russia claims the Ukraine?

Both are wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Israel wrongly claims Palestine, right?

So, Russia claims the Ukraine?

Both are wrong.

I don't think Russia wants to patch over Ukraine, they just want them to have a government that cooperates with Russia instead of the west and NATO.

I don't think Russia has the right to force Ukraine into anything but I also don't think that the current Ukraine government occupants has the right to legitimacy. If that is how you take control of a government these days, I would have chased Harper out of Ottawa with a wet towel years ago.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join