It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can take Kiev in two weeks, Vladimir Putin warns European leaders

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I can take Kiev in two weeks, Vladimir Putin warns European leaders

Vladimir Putin has boasted to European leaders that his forces could sweep into Kiev in two weeks if he wanted.

The Russian president reportedly made the threat to the European Commission president during talks on the Ukraine crisis.

Mr Putin told Jose Manuel Barroso: “If I want to, I can take Kiev in two weeks,” Italy’s La Repubblica newspaper reported, implying this could be the result if the EU stepped up sanctions against Russia.

His comments, relayed by Mr Barroso to colleagues at last weekend’s EU summit, emerged as Nato announced it would build a new “spearhead” rapid reaction force of up to 4,000 troops that can be flown into eastern Europe in 48 hours to respond to possible Russian aggression.

The EU’s new head of foreign policy, Federica Mogherini, also warned there was no military solution to what is now Europe’s biggest crisis in decades.

Click link for remainder of article..

Gee, I wonder why former SSR's are flocking to the west / EU / NATO.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I suppose he can if he wanted to. I say let him have Ukraine,we need to stop being the 911 of the world and stay home to fix our own problems. I mean we have done such a bang up job of fixing others problems,like in Libya,Egypt,Iraq and Afghanistan. Time for us to stop thinking we need to run the world,and get other large countries involved with HELPING us run it. And I don't mean us bullying them to 'go along' with whatever we want,we've seen how well that worked in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Late again I see OP. This quote is all over ATS.

What Putin says is true.

But contrary to your beliefs - he will not be taking Kiev anytime soon, simply saying he can is no crime.

The US could take many a capital city in under 2 weeks. Means nothing.

Maybe Putin would tone down his rhetoric if his country were not being subjected to meaningless sanctions again and again by countries who should have no greater say in the matter.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
In twenty five words or less,yes he could, all the Ukranian tanks have had their five speed reverse gearboxes installed,the 15 year old recruits are at the ready as are the Iraqi advisors.
edit on 2-9-2014 by khnum because: spelling error

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

if you read the article you would notice it says he made the comment in response to the new sanctions coming down the road.

He is threatening the west that if we sanction him, he would finish Ukraine off.

In other words Putin is saying he can do what he wants, where he wants, and the west must accept it or else.

A similar mindset for Putin and Stalin, which did not work out so well for them.

edit on 2-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

A threat is a threat even when it's veiled.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
And who said journalism is dead huh? A statement of "If I want to, I can take Kiev", which is true but hasn't happened yet, and the article in the OP leaves out the first part. Here is another article on the subject stating he said he will take it when he said I can

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

A bit of twisting words and demonizing going on. Face it Xcathdra this full scale invasion you have been harping on about for months hasn't happened.
edit on 2-9-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The same way you Americans always believe you have the rights to do what you want in the world yet your leaders no matter which part always screw it up.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
"Mr Putin told Jose Manuel Barroso: “If I want to, I can take Kiev in two weeks,”... and Mr. Putin be lyin'. I find it hard to believe that Russia can take Ukraine faster than China could take Taiwan

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

"we need to stop being the 911 of the world and stay home to fix our own problems"

I've said the very same thing for the past 20-25 years. The problem is, who would you suggest operate 911 for that side of the globe?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Eyemin

apples and oranges...

Russia needs an open sea port for basic things like TRADE...they are just doing what any world power country would do...

Putin is actually being very restrained considering the west overthrew a democratically elected gov. in Ukraine and installed a thug western puppet regime...

I know it is hard to imagine but we here in the west are not always the good guys...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
He's being modest, of course!
A serious armoured strike could probably drive it's way to Kiev in under a week at an easy pace.

I don't see this alleged remark as a threat, merely as an observation, stating how easy it would be if they really wanted to do it, which they don't.

Seriously, how many threads can someone make alleging Russian invasions, or threats of invasions? It's getting rather silly now. No invasion has occurred, so lets take everything the Russians say as a threat!

Deny Ignorance? More like deny reality!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Russia is getting desperate first there was the threat of turning the US to ash and now this. Its starting to get comical and on that note watch this.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I think he is simply trying to emphasize the restraint Russia has shown not responding to the cabal's attempt to start WWIII.

They purposely telegraphed the fact that it was a completely illegal coup to goad Russia into a fight.

He also knows many of NATO's generals are not nearly stupid enough to be suckered into a ground war with Russia.

I take it as a flicking of the nose of some pedantic EU fool who is either a tool of the cabal or too stupid to comprehend what's really going on.

This is a pathetic last gasp of the cabal and its former ability to control NATO forces of world aggression.

EF You Kay the NSA!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

if you read the article you would notice it says he made the comment in response to the new sanctions coming down the road.

He is threatening the west that if we sanction him, he would finish Ukraine off.

In other words Putin is saying he can do what he wants, where he wants, and the west must accept it or else.

A similar mindset for Putin and Stalin, which did not work out so well for them.

I agree with you on all points.... but what if he doesn't give a #? Russia has as many nukes as the US. They technically have the second largest army in the world, behind the US. So what if Putin has had enough and just says # it? That seems to be the course that he is currently taking. It's looking like he really wants the Ukraine, for one reason or another.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

He could probably take Ukraine in 24 hours, if he wanted ... that's the entire point. Which of course you and other anti-Russian schizos missed.

HE DOESN'T WANT TO.

That's what he's saying ... he's also stating, as a fact, that if he ever wants to. There is NOTHING you can do about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kdyam

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I agree with you on all points.... but what if he doesn't give a #? Russia has as many nukes as the US. They technically have the second largest army in the world, behind the US. So what if Putin has had enough and just says # it? That seems to be the course that he is currently taking. It's looking like he really wants the Ukraine, for one reason or another.

I agree was supposed to be a threat but i dont think Putins threats will be feared or taken seriously. Ukraine at this point is declaring war on Russia for the latest incursion. And Nato could easily handle anything Russia threw at them they have better tech and the armed forces of 28 countries to draw on.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

I do remember seeing U.S forces captured by pro-Russian rebels and pro-Russian rebels destroying U.S tanks and equipment in the Ukraine... Wait that wasn't the bad west after all... "I know it is hard to imagine but we here in the west are not always the good guys.." but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

"Russia needs an open sea port for basic things like TRADE...they are just doing what any world power country would do... " so Russia is willing to go to war because its cheaper to have the port then to pay to use it... I see war for profit so this a global problem?
edit on E14America/Chicago09519 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eyemin
"Mr Putin told Jose Manuel Barroso: “If I want to, I can take Kiev in two weeks,”... and Mr. Putin be lyin'. I find it hard to believe that Russia can take Ukraine faster than China could take Taiwan

I honestly think they can take Ukraine in less than two weeks. The Ukrainian military is not that large right now.

A advisor to Putin said that right now the Ukraine army is very small. But in 9 -10 months it could grow to 175 000 -200 000 strong.

Moste of the Ukraine army is poorly trained. And it wont be any better even if it becomes larger.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

So you seem to be upset that Russia can and is Standing up to Western World Domination and Banker hegemony.

It seems upsetting to you that West and NATO will not be able to bully and one day destroy Russian Federation.

Do you want to talk about it ?

I for one, am glad Russia can destroy Kiev Junta financed by Western Bankers. And I have no need to talk about it.

Do you have need to talk about things that upset you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join