It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine crisis: 'Russia has launched a great war'...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Funny, I thought it was the Leader having troops kill civilians, and then fleeing the country after pilfering the coffers.

That is one version of the story.. There is more than one version and one of the others includes that no-one knew who the snipers were working for, they were just there firing at protestors.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

If the situation was reversed (Russia invaded and then the US came to the aid of Ukraine) I would be 100% with all the people against Russia.. But this is not the case and I cannot back something that started with operations from a foreign entity. So Russia to me have every right to protect their interests and if it means launching a counter towards the Western sponsored fascists in Kiev, so be it. I do not think you are wrong and neither do I feel anyone else is wrong.. We are all entitled to our point of view and mine leans towards Russia, it doesn't mean I am right though.

I agree with you on this point. I've stated in other threads that Russia is doing what the U.S. would be doing and does.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Funny, I thought it was the Leader having troops kill civilians, and then fleeing the country after pilfering the coffers.

That is one version of the story.. There is more than one version and one of the others includes that no-one knew who the snipers were working for, they were just there firing at protestors.

Even assuming that was true, the people were already protesting. They already wanted the President to align with the EU and not Russia. That's what set this off.

ETA: Just so we are clear, that is NOT true, as the CIA did not order the Berkut forces to the area, the Ukraine President did. It would be like sending a Seal Team against Occupy protesters.
edit on 2-9-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Russia had 40000 troops on that border in April and did exersizes involving 160,000 the Nato Ready Reaction Force is 5000 men its no longer the cold war they have had billions of dollars of oil revenues to spend.

I'm not sure I am understanding your point. I didn't say it was the Cold War

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

He was head of 'the family' has a nice tone to it,the bears and wild boars at the palace were a nice touch.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Sorry responded to the wrong poster,your not from Langley

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

"Putin is playing games --nothing more." --lightedhype

That's very definitely not true, as suggested during a TV interview in July with a great-great-grandson of the Russian novelist Leon Tolstoi, who is married to Mrs. Ekaterina Tolstaia, manager of the Tolstoi Museum, which used to be Tolstoi's house. The interviewer, echoing their comments, said that 1) the Russians are taking away nothing from anybody in Ukraine, 2) the Russian-speaking inhabitants of eastern Ukraine "think like Russians, feel like Russians and talk like Russians", 3) it's a matter of cultural identity, and 4) Ukraine was always a part of Russia.

Nikita Krushchev, who wasn't playing games either when he almost went to war with JFK over the Cuban Missile Crisis, and who was Ukranian, gave the Crimean Peninsula to Ukrania at a time when the USSR seemed to be indestructible and eternal, so all they did now was take back what was theirs in the first place.

Isn't it odd that yesterday, Sept. 1, which happened to be the 75th anniversary of the beginning of W.W. II (invasion of Poland), the Chocolate King who's in charge of Ukraine hollered that the Russians were coming with their tanks and that war with Russia had begun? Did the Kremlin choose that day to invade in order to hint that it's ready for an all-out war like Hitler was in 1939 and that the world had better not mess around with Mother Russia?

The Fates have the habit of dropping hints by arranging coincidences that involve fateful dates.

Two other examples: 1) the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks happened on the same day of the year that Chilean President Salvador Allende was overthrown with the help of the CIA and IT & T, and the message was "you've been going around murdering people all over the world and now it's your turn" (coincidentally, about 3,000 people were murdered by the Chilean dictatorship, which was nearly the same number of victims in the U.S. exactly 28 years later), and 2) the 1914 Tour de France (the most important road cycling competition, then come the Giro d'Italia and the Vuelta a España) started on the same day that W.W. I broke out, which the French felt was an ominous coincidence, and the message there was "no more games: it's time for a war now". There were no Tours during the war, of course. Several well-known Frenchmen who had been on the Tour were killed in the war.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

But again, there are claims that the Protests were orchestrated from outside the Ukraine.. I'm not saying your wrong but there are many different versions to this story also. Ukraine pulls away from EU, Revolution to pull them back into the EU, it has orchestrated from outside written all over it.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

But again, there are claims that the Protests were orchestrated from outside the Ukraine.. I'm not saying your wrong but there are many different versions to this story also. Ukraine pulls away from EU, Revolution to pull them back into the EU, it has orchestrated from outside written all over it.

Ok the protests were orchestrated by Martians. Claims without substance are meaningless. The fact the people VOTED and proved the protests were the will of the people is what matters.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
personally im tired of the entire situation. LEts just go a head and set it off and get it over with. its pointless to argue who started what when both sides are better off dead. someone should had assasinated putin by now. And wow. its like the shills came out of th e woodwork, every time things get worse they always come out.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Ukraine pulls away from EU, Revolution to pull them back into the EU, it has orchestrated from outside written all over it.

That's interesting, because even the ousted presidents own party blames him for the troubles that kicked off the protests, and killings.

His own Party of Regions blamed him for the killings in Kiev and the chaos that befell Ukraine.

Yanukovich's downfall came after three months of mishandling the political crisis, during which he failed either to meet enough opposition demands to ensure the deflation of the tension or act decisively to restore PUBLIC order.

rt.com...

So it seems that even the people that you would think should back him are blaming him and not saying it was being orchestrated by anyone else let alone the west.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Here you go... nit pick at this video. I cannot believe that someone with a Pro-Israel stance would back Jew haters in Ukraine.
edit on 2-9-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

same vid thats been used hundre times now. and its still bs.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

same vid thats been used hundre times now. and its still bs.

If it's been used 100's of times then you shouldn't have any trouble bringing up the information that proves it's bs from the 100's of times its been debunked... Off you go sir..

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Another BBC journalist, trying to make a big piece out of nothing.

This BBC or british moron, shouldn't be that eager to start a war with Russia and/or China. Because the US/GB are fighting a war on an adjective, that is on multiple fronts. If they'd start launching a campaign against two superpowers, Russia and/or China. It would mean the end of GB, as we know it ... God bless the Queen. Just as it was the end of Nazi Germany.

Secondly, a treaty between Russia and Britain clearly shows, without a doubt. That Russia isn't fearing Britain or the US. It's fears, are retalliation from Germany. Their spying flights, include a flight over germany ... not over Britain. They're concerned, that the US/GB have allowed Germany to munster armaments, post east Germany.

So, this is merely an air-bubble, by a british moron ... who is trying to further US propaganda. By inducing more fear for a war in Europe. For the mere purpose, of allowing US troops to continue to walk all over Europe.

That is what this conflict is all about.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Here you go... nit pick at this video. I cannot believe that someone with a Pro-Israel stance would back Jew haters in Ukraine.

I am not Pro-Israel. I am anti-terrorist attacks. You can nit pick the video, tell me what's relevant.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Oh, sorry about that. Well everything in the video is relevant and some of it is actually beginning to happen also.
edit on 2-9-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Oh, sorry about that.

Not a problem, while it has nothing to do with this topic, many things Israel does I do not agree with, and I was happy to hear they cancelled their latest plans.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

He can avert that just giving back control of the Ukraine to the democratically elected leader he displaced with the help of uncle Sam and then tell uncle Sam to bugger off back where they came from.

Easy as fallin off a log. But then, perhaps he loves his power the US has given him a bit to much to do that, so he'd rather see tens of thousands of people die, so he can hang on to the power the US gave him and keeps for him.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

The old President was democratically ousted, and the new President was overwhelmingly voted for, democratically, even by Eastern Ukraine.

Get educated.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join