It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You are not up to this job': Parents of SEAL Team Six soldier killed in action call for President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
I seem to remember a post on here about Obama getting tape recording ( by accident) while talking to Putin. He said if he was re-elected he was going to kick back and do nothing and Putin could do what he wanted....or soe thing like that....( don't quote me...the wording was something along those line)..,,so.... Is this what is happening now ? With Syria , and all else?

thank you for the reminder!

Monday, President Obama told Russian President Medvedev that “This is my last election. After my election, I have more flexibility.” Medvedev responded that he would dutifully report that tidbit to Vladimir Putin back in the Kremlin. The men apparently did not realize their discussion was being caught by a live microphone.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Maluhia

Does anyone really think putting in any different President will change the way they do things? It never has and it wont. They all golf or ski, take vacation after vacation while Im still working straight through each year just trying to get one or two days off with pay so I can get one with my family.

Nothing will change. And sorry, but their kid volunteered and was killed doing what he wanted. And the parents come out now AFTER to complain? Where were they BEFORE he was killed?

Their grief had a flashpoint. The flashpoint caused their letter. Two sides to everything...theirs is only 1/2 of the story.

This is what Democrats resort to saying now that they know Obama is a total failure. I've been hearing/reading this response for the past few years now. Just another excuse for a sorry dead beat President.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: Domo1

Fox

B.I.

Of course, Toby Harnden of the Sunday Times tweeted it, therefore it's true. If that wasn't bad enough, you've even misrepresented what was said! Let's actually read what was quoted from the Toby Harnden piece in your BI source:

Pentagon sources said Foley and the others might well have been rescued but Obama, concerned about the ramifications of US troops being killed or captured in Syria, took too long to authorise the mission.

Anthony Shaffer, a former lieutenant-colonel in US military intelligence who worked on covert operations, said: “I’m told it was almost a 30-day delay from when they said they wanted to go to when he finally gave the green light. They were ready to go in June to grab the guy [Foley] and they weren’t permitted.

So nothing to do with 3-days of golfing? Why am I not surprised?

EDIT:

If I wasn't clear enough — you completely made up the content of your post.

edit on 2014-9-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

Obama has been the worst President in the HISTORY of this country. Obama has not made ONE thing better and the amount of money and resources this dead beat President has wasted far exceeds any other President.

What'd you expect from a guy that's never had to work a day in his life? A guy who's had everything 'given' to him his whole life. He's a pathetic excuse for a human being. A walking turd ... just like his wife (with her mommy living rent-free in the WH). Let's hope they're absent parents and not raising their kids to become mooches as well.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Everything Obama and his mafia filled administration are doing, is exactly what I knew they would do before he ever was elected president, Obama even said it himself, but no one paid any mind to it, and people were so far deep in denial and voted him in again, so now I laugh and say to America: You weren't smart enough to use brains over emotions to elect Obama, so now you are getting exactly what you were forewarned about, and so any complaints I hear I just laugh at, because America doesn't deserve any better than Obama. America is going to be judged soon, and it is going to go so far down into Satan Ville, that living in this country will be as a true violent and sadistic nightmare.

When you have Rotting Garbage as president, you are going to discover worms almost everywhere. They are already well into 2nd stage gestation. The evil is coming.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Does anyone really think putting in any different President will change the way they do things? It never has and it wont. They all golf or ski, take vacation after vacation while Im still working straight through each year just trying to get one or two days off with pay so I can get one with my family.

Nothing will change. And sorry, but their kid volunteered and was killed doing what he wanted. And the parents come out now AFTER to complain? Where were they BEFORE he was killed?

Their grief had a flashpoint. The flashpoint caused their letter. Two sides to everything...theirs is only 1/2 of the story.

This is what Democrats resort to saying now that they know Obama is a total failure. I've been hearing/reading this response for the past few years now. Just another excuse for a sorry dead beat President.

As opposed to Republicans who say, "Don't pay any attention to what the last Republican administration did! That was then!" So whatever Obama does or does not do, apparently it doesn't matter as soon as the next President is elected... by your own logic?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
As I said I believe....I wasn't certain what was said...nice tolerant position you took though...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Agreed. I watched my generation (especially my generation the early 20 somethings) vote for him without even knowing the facts. Oh he's this and he's that. Obama will do this, the shows all feature him. The artists are singing about him. Everybody knows this is our time, our generation's time. For what? Another politician in a suit? A puppet who had a record of complete negligence, a shadowy past. Then all the scandals. More scandals than any puppet in such a short time too. Ridiculous. How intelligent is my generation? They're mostly good people who want peace and to live in happiness which I love but to be honest, collectively we're not intelligent. Look how easily swayed most of us were into voting for him.

His only purpose was to mess this country up like every other President. He's no different than the rest and he serves his purpose very well.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

As opposed to Republicans who say, "Don't pay any attention to what the last Republican administration did! That was then!" So whatever Obama does or does not do, apparently it doesn't matter as soon as the next President is elected... by your own logic?

Another straw man argument. This is now, he's doing nothing. Better yet, he's doing worse than nothing. Stop talking about the next or last administration trying to pass the blame.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Get over it, today's world is the direct result of past actions, quit pretending that the Bush era didn't exist.

Stop pretending that the Iraq war wasn't based on lies, and that we invaded a sovereign country for no reason. Weakening it, and allowing groups like ISIS to operate.

And Obama is doing something about ISIS.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Obama has been the worst President in the HISTORY of this country. Obama has not made ONE thing better and the amount of money and resources this dead beat President has wasted far exceeds any other President.

You are really showing your ignorance with this post. Obama's federal spending has been the lowest for the past presidents for decades.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

What'd you expect from a guy that's never had to work a day in his life? A guy who's had everything 'given' to him his whole life. He's a pathetic excuse for a human being. A walking turd ... just like his wife (with her mommy living rent-free in the WH). Let's hope they're absent parents and not raising their kids to become mooches as well.

Never worked a day in his life? You really need to stop listening to the BS that FOX is feeding you. He worked as a civil rights attorney and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School. What next will you start crying that he comes from a wealthy family?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Get over it, today's world is the direct result of past actions, quit pretending that the Bush era didn't exist.

The Repubs think if they don't mention him that the people will forget the biggest failure since Reagan. They was so ashamed of him they never even invited him to the GOP convention.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Since the coup in the 60's the American president has as much power over American policy as a customer at a hotdog stand.

You all sitting here blaming one over the other is pointless - your actually assuming Obama makes the decisions. Are you naive?

I know which president got you into the mess in Iraq, Afghanistan and with the economy, I also know the president who's been in power without changing a thing.

But the letter went into quite a rant about Holidays and events without mentioning how much MORE other presidents took.

Also, agreeing with that letter means you agree that:

Seal Team 6 and the governments official story is true
Osama Bin Laden and the intelligence to his death is true
the Foley Beheading is true
Seal team 6's death is true

when majority of this board doubt atleast one of those things.

If you believe everything the government has told you this past 13 years and as such believe this letter I think you need to do some investigating of your own.. and stop listening to the anti-obama bs

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

www.youtube.com...

This is what was said. Hope it clarifies it.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Most people want to blame some one else. Obama should have went to Afghanistan and held their son's hand and kept him safe.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
DP

edit on 09am30amf0000002014-09-02T09:17:52-05:000952 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That any sitting president of the United States of America would say what he did to Medvedev is incredible and we are seeing this with what is happening now in the ME, the Far East and Europe. Just today Putin said he could take Keiv in two weeks.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

He did not pat someone on the arm and say 'it will be ok'. He said it as a threat to the EU and their build up. He is expanding his borders and we are what, putting more sanctions on them? They are testing our response times on our borders more than even during the cold war. We as a nation are given in the MSM what they want us to read, see and eat. Talk to someone in the service or still has contacts and ask them about the strength of our nation. It is at its lowest pre WW2 levels.

The fact that Obama did not show up to the funeral of the highest ranking official killed in combat since Vietnam means something. The fact he sent the AG to investigate a convenience store robbery gone wrong but is not securing the borders is troublesome. These are things that should be concerning all citizens.

AS far as golf, BUsh gave up golfing after stating " I should not golf during wartime' after he talked to some of the families of those killed in Iraq and Afghanistan in 2003. What is better, is he defended Obamas golfing but that is not in the media either...

www.washingtontimes.com...

Obama will be seen 20 years from now as a president who lead to the decline of the US during it's darkest hour of need after his promise of hope and change. I mean, I think we all thought it may be different in 2007 and it just got worse...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have been a member of ats for a while. I rarely log on and even more rarely post. I like to read the forums to get a general sense of what people are thinking and pick out trends. I wanted to make a post on this topic just to throw in my two cents. Immediately after the post it went off the rails with one individual immediately making this a right wing media propaganda issue. Then a person of reason steps in to remind us it is not who took more vacations, it is just not the right time.

I think we can all agree to something here. With all of the conflicts going on it is just poor public relations to be on vacation period. I get it that the guy needs a break, just make it a little a little more private/secret.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
While Bush sat back and helped to destroy the country, please tell me what puppet Obama has done. Nothing, because he's a puppet like the rest. No one's forgetting Bush, but no one will be fooled into blaming the previous puppet for this puppet's failures.

Obama, you're in charge now (or so you think). And this American says you haven't done a thing. Stagnant wages, my healthcare is all messed up now (Did I say messed up? I meant so much better), nearly everyone I know is either in foreclosure or cutting back, less food, less money, less time with the family, more expensive utilities, less jobs here because we're focusing on ILLEGALS.

It's no longer a right-left issue (two wings, same bird) it's an issue of we have an ineffective clown in office who shames anyone who thinks against him.

My generation voted in another mess, and they think passing the buck on the moron before this moron will really solve anything....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join