It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China prepares Navy Warships to Fight US Submarines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It seems that with the rest of the World in conflict right now, China is staying on the D.L. and equipping themselves to fight US submarines. Apparently, China still lags behind the US in several areas, according to the article. However, they are working to close thhis gap.

The strategy is meant to “deter U.S. intervention in a conflict in China’s near-seas region over Taiwan or some other issue, or failing that, delay the arrival or reduce the effectiveness of intervening U.S. forces,” according to an August report from the Congressional Research Service on China’s naval modernization.

The Soviets had used a similar strategy during the Cold War. According to the report, the Soviets used the strategy to block the United States from intervening in a NATO-Warsaw Pact conflict.

The Chinese regime has a few weapons the Soviets did not, particularly anti-ship ballistic missiles. Yet, it still lags behind the the area of submarine and anti-submarine warfare.

China is making “moderate progress” in anti-submarine warfare, according to the Congressional Research Center. It states that given its developments in deploying sonars on warships and other systems for anti-submarine warfare, the PLAN “may be more capable of identifying adversary submarines in limited areas by 2020.”

This may be in the wrong forum but I put this in the WW3 forum because it definitely echoes the beating of War drums in my opinion. WW3 has a very slow and complicated build-up but those pieces are falling into place. I think Obama's inaction is from his desire to avoid WW3 at all costs, but his inaction may backfire and lead us into WW3 anyway. There are several calamities Worldwide, any of which could set things off. Is War the only answer? What does ATS think?

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This might be a dumb question, but is that not what every army does?
They prepare to fight any possible enemy. They know American subs are a formidable force so they train and equip to fight them.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Well that is someones opinion.

Of course China being capable of surfacing one of their Subs in the middle of a Carrier Group during war games probably means that they may know a thing or two about submarine warfare. They had to get passed the Carrier Groups suface ships and the one or two subs that are always with the group.

It states that given its developments in deploying sonars on warships and other systems for anti-submarine warfare, the PLAN “may be more capable of identifying adversary submarines in limited areas by 2020.”

The way this is written makes it sound as if the Chinese have just figured out what sonar is.

Give me a break!

What China are doing is creating a much larger navy to help in projecting force at long range. To suggest that the US is so far ahead is to stick your head in a bucket of water and breathe in.

Just look at hypersonic missiles to find out how advanced they can be.

P

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
This might be a dumb question, but is that not what every army does?
They prepare to fight any possible enemy. They know American subs are a formidable force so they train and equip to fight them.

Yes, the article doesn't state that China is specifically preparing for the US only but that the goal is to be as equipped as the US in order to be ready take us on. The article is a little fear-mongerish, but it's good information to know. I'm just passing it on.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
As China builds its defenses and upgrades its systems, we keep pouring more blood and treasure down the well of bad policy decisions.

I wonder who will cave first?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
They have been working on the DF-21D a huge anti ship/satellite weapon, its rumored to be big enough to sink a aircraft carrier.

Be prepared for anything i guess, but do nothing.

Its the idea that you tell the potential enemy you are prepared and equipped to. and they can defeat you, then the enemy says "hmm okay do we risk it or are they serious" and back off.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It is a bit late now for Mr Obama to read the history of the year 1939 in Europe, but perhaps the next president will?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

There are some well respected military advisors to the government and our military that have been warning of the rising China with a great deal of trepidation for some time now.

Considering the history of man and war over the last 2000 year.....its just a matter of time. The latest great effort, since WWII, to make the world a place were the superpowers would abstain from fighting each other directly has run its course.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well, the only one China has to worry about is the US. Same with Russia. They could easily take out any other nation in the world if they wanted to. Countries do not militarize unless there is a need to. China does not seem to be trying to expand at all, just trying to keep what it already has.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: pikestaff

There are some well respected military advisors to the government and our military that have been warning of the rising China with a great deal of trepidation for some time now.

Considering the history of man and war over the last 2000 year.....its just a matter of time. The latest great effort, since WWII, to make the world a place were the superpowers would abstain from fighting each other directly has run its course.

Yes, that is very true and one reason why we are trying to shift some of our attention to that area. Trust me when I say that I, along with my commanders at the time would debate with the pentagon as to whether having 2 or 3 carriers in the Arabian Gulf as a show of force was more important than doing so in the Pacific.

China has troop and aircraft numbers that have been simulated to defeat us in a war of attrition. Their missiles are adequate but still can be way better. Their navy is good but still needs improvement in certain areas, though they do have formidable platforms and are a threat. They cannot sustain an amphibious assault though...not even on Taiwain (not that its beneficial for them any more anyway)

The scary thing about China is their ASAT's.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
They got factories, they got brains and muscles... Why they can't chanllenge our technoligies? It's question of time. (and spy) (for both side)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The German warships fought our subs. The Japanese warships fought our subs. They had warships, so did we. Everyone does, and always had.

Therefore, you are ignoring that fact, and your point is moot, null and void.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Additionally...with long range destruction assured from both sides...we hardly NEED to use subs if we don't want to. And warships are giant sitting and floating targets.......

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
They lag behind the US in every area and will continue to do so for a long time. In about 20 years we will see if that's still the case.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, the only one China has to worry about is the US. Same with Russia. They could easily take out any other nation in the world if they wanted to. Countries do not militarize unless there is a need to. China does not seem to be trying to expand at all, just trying to keep what it already has.

China vs. Russia would be a very interesting conflict. I am not sure which one would come out on top.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

That's just another anti-Communist, ala McCarthy schizofrenic ideology pop-up.

China already has weapons to deter the US military. It's ballistic missile, capable of reaching the US, with a multi-head nuclear load. Is just that, a deterrant.

The game, played by China, is not intended to fight a war with the US ... it is already prepared, and already capable of fighting off the US, in it's near seas border conflicts, if that happens. The US is no longer a super power ...

This is just a thread, intended to bolster US military expenditure. The Russians aren't the enemy anymore ... we've all realized that the Russian threat, was a fake all along. So, now they're trying to invent the

CHINA THREAT.

edit on 2/9/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Ahh yes .. the usual drivel its ok for america to develop weaponry to wipe life off the planet several times over .. yet its not ok for anyone else to develop weaponry to counter them and defend themselves .. gotta love american paranoia and hypocrisy ..

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Yes, China would never bully their neighbors ...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I think is more like 10 years, I fear. 3 time the US population remember? Just think they have same proportion of brains as US, thats just scary. They produce more than half our civilian technological goods. And... they got spies.

Finaly, never underestimate. If I was a leader in our army fighting with them, I'll take them has they got better technologie. Taking someone from above is a road to disaster.

"They cannot brings artilleries in mountain they said... they done it, we lost. Don't go in Vietnam." You know the rest of the storie.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
NEWS FLASH!

A military prepares for warfare.

*Any military worth their salt prepares for war, that's what they do. I'm sure US forces have China's increasing military capability on their Radar, so to speak.

edit on 2-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join