It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I like the idea that there just might be these "wee folk" out there in the woods and meadows.

Here's the site of the Fairy Investigation Society:
Fairies

Also...tonight's Coast-To-Coast show will be devoted to fairies and other similar creatures, and will feature historian and fairy researcher Simon Young.

Professor of History at the International Studies Institute in Florence, Italy, Simon Young, will discuss his work researching evidence for fairies and other mythical creatures and entities including the will-o-the-wisp, boggarts, pixies, leprechauns, and even bigfoot. He will also cover his work on the history of witchcraft and shamanic practices throughout the ages.

Here's the Coast-To-Coast site:

Coast-To-Coast

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I like the idea that there just might be these "wee folk" out there in the woods and meadows.

me too. that would be cool. i always liked the 'cottingley fairies' story

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hi Coleyounger, Nice thread, I really do hope there is more to this world than what we see. A Little Fantasy and Imagination can lift the spirit a long way. If these creatures do really exist I do hope they can keep themselves secreted from this Mad World we call Modern Civilization. Some of The Victorian Books about Fairies and Other Woodland Creatures are fascinating and are worth at least a look through. A Wonderful OP and Peace to you
Arjunanda. a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have always felt an affinity with faeries.

As a child I was certain they were real and used to get up early to wash my face with the first dew in spring on 1st May, this is said to enable sight of faeries.

I spent a lot of time in the woods, collecting feathers, helping birds, exploring, climbing trees, shaping wood, collecting flowers and used to look for faery rings.

When I was old enough, I bought Flower Faery scent and loved the faery stores that appeared in the late 90's.

People have often said I remind them of a faery, my face looks a bit similar and as a child I would often prance around. I wasn't allowed to be feminine at home so sparkly girly things and floaty clothes were relished as was feeling free to dance and sing when possible.

grannysu.blogspot.co.uk...

Did you run out first thing this morning to wash your face in the morning dew? According to folklore, doing so will enable you to see fairies in the coming year,

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I didn't find faeries until I had kids of my own. I can never get enough of them.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
No such thing as fairies!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I only believe in one fairy. Her name is Destinyone.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
My x wives name was Destiny! lol

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I make no claims as to the authenticity of this video, nor ownership.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

ahh its CGI, move on...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I do believe in fairies! I do! I do!!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I don't expect anyone in their right mind to believe in fairies and little elves, but I seen them up close and personal when I was younger. It was bizarre and it happened. I encountered fairies and they talked to me and sang old hymns(*think MR. Sand Man kind of sound). I also witnessed a little elf(about 12-15 inches tall) dragging a fairy across the forest floor by the feet(Either the fairy was dead or unconscious). I was walking through the woods and came up on that scene. I thought it was some sort of animal who caught itself a big dragon fly. The elf looked at me and motioned for me to get the hell out of there and I did. I started a thread here about it. I don't know. I just.........it's one of the oddest things that I have ever witnessed. I think they live in the earth.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

I've seen fairies and gnomes long before I touched mind altering substances, therefor I believe you.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Would little Green Men, from outer space with big bulging black eyes with death rays be a possible candidate?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Wow, that's quite a story!
I had a friend that swears he once saw a little man in a wilderness area. The little man looked 'cartoonish'. He had a very strange appearance. His movements were strange too, very fluid and 'flowing' according to my friend.
I think maybe these little people live in remote areas and typically shun humans. Sightings are incredibly rare.
Maybe they live underground.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I believe there are several possible sources for faery/fairy legends (I prefer the former spelling, the latter mostly references Tinkerbell and the sort):

- Let's get the mundane out of the way first. Imagination, liars and storytellers, short people, loonietunes, insects etc. Obviously that's a part of it, but the least interesting part.

- Long lost race(s) who were mythologized with tales of magical powers added to spice it all up. Kinda mundane too, I know, sorry.

- Extraterrestrials. You never know.

- Astral beings/thoughtforms

- Fey. Maybe the stories are just plain true.

- Keel/Vallee style inhabitants of a higher frequency, something like that, perhaps shaped into forms from our collective unconscious somehow in an effort to comprehend them (or to trick us).

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Just because we can't see them doesn't mean they don't exist. The air exists yet we can't see it unless there is something in it.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
I don't expect anyone in their right mind to believe in fairies and little elves, but I seen them up close and personal when I was younger. It was bizarre and it happened. I encountered fairies and they talked to me and sang old hymns(*think MR. Sand Man kind of sound). I also witnessed a little elf(about 12-15 inches tall) dragging a fairy across the forest floor by the feet(Either the fairy was dead or unconscious). I was walking through the woods and came up on that scene. I thought it was some sort of animal who caught itself a big dragon fly. The elf looked at me and motioned for me to get the hell out of there and I did. I started a thread here about it. I don't know. I just.........it's one of the oddest things that I have ever witnessed. I think they live in the

That makes me sad for the fairy! ...what if elves eat fairies for food? ....and that's why we don't see any, because they've all been eaten....and the elves are dying off because they don't have anything to eat....bizarre thought...it's late.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I have noticed an undeniable tooth fairy phenomena.

I have no idea what they do with the tooth to give money in exchange.
They always give paper money and it always smells the same perfume.

I would say go ahead and try with your child but I have my doubts about what they do with the tooth and it's not positive.

There is probably more things we don't see in our universe than things we do see...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Faeries are always stealing my hair-ties.

edit on 292014 by MoonMystic because: Decided it wasn't important

top topics

<<   2 >>

join