posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:54 PM
I believe there are several possible sources for faery/fairy legends (I prefer the former spelling, the latter mostly references Tinkerbell and the
- Let's get the mundane out of the way first. Imagination, liars and storytellers, short people, loonietunes, insects etc. Obviously that's a part
of it, but the least interesting part.
- Long lost race(s) who were mythologized with tales of magical powers added to spice it all up. Kinda mundane too, I know, sorry.
- Extraterrestrials. You never know.
- Astral beings/thoughtforms
- Fey. Maybe the stories are just plain true.
- Keel/Vallee style inhabitants of a higher frequency, something like that, perhaps shaped into forms from our collective unconscious somehow in an
effort to comprehend them (or to trick us).