It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Jefferies Comedian on gun control

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lestweforget

Oh I laughed honestly, It was funny.....

However I am pro 2nd and own quite a few firearms........

That doesnt mean I dont have the ability to laugh at myself or other things.......

But the point that the OP is using his satire to add to the anti-gun gospel is just as laughable

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Fight of course, explain why the need for many...how many of those guns would you be able to use against the government before you were picked off.

You do realize that not every gun a person owns is for self defense? Some of them are taking to the range, collecting, etc.. It can also be a hobby. Same as a knife collector.

How about the art of surprise...if you are caught off guard..would your gun in your safe be any good? This is the point he was making.

How would a power outage affect a gun safe? The electric ones run off of battery power, not a wall outlet. And they also have a physical key along with the electronic access lock, in case the battery dies.

If you say you are never caught off guard, the other point is valid...what world do you live in where are on constant alert?

Did I say that? (I didn't). What is not having a gun going to change about that specific scenario? Are saying that not having a gun will mean I'm immune to being caught off guard? Do you even logic, bro?

edit on 1-9-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
a reply to: Answer

Keep believing your own military would not engage you, if it helps you sleep at night.

As a current member of today's military I can easily say you have not a single clue about what your saying here...

I would guess first you are just a pro-internet troll... congrats I guess.

second you have a beef with the USA for whatever reason... Hope you enjoy all that hate eating you up.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: butcherguy

He can stay in Australia for all I care

LMAO! He said you would say that!

Good stuff! I love it when people become the stereotype!

Sorry OP, the resident ATS pro gun forum gang (that the mods and admins of this site refuse to do anythig about) will be along shortly to troll this thread into oblivion.

Cause that's what a forum gang does.

Anyway, funny comedian, good clip!

People who share a common perspective does not a forum gang make........

Thats called opposing viewpoints.........

if you cant handle it then post on a forum where everyone agrees with you........
edit on 9/1/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Not funny, and doesn't make a bit of sense, especially when he is repeating misinformation and outright false statistics.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Oh, I can handle opposing viewpoints, and I appreciate honest constructive debate.

The resident ATS pro gun forum gang, doesn't understand honest constructive debate.

Anyway, I think Jeffries made some good points. And I thought it was funny.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Sorry OP, the resident ATS pro gun forum gang (that the mods and admins of this site refuse to do anythig about) will be along shortly to troll this thread into oblivion.

Cause that's what a forum gang does.

Anyway, funny comedian, good clip!

I don't believe there are any pro-gun forum gangs on ATS. There just happens to be a great many of us that support the 2nd amendment and passionately engage people when they try to demonize that right.

It's important to note that our rights are absolutely no good if we do not have a means of protecting those rights. The 2nd amendment is not strictly about personal protection, hunting..etc. It's about protecting ourselves from tyrannical governments if they come to suppress our other rights.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Was the 9yr old who shot the instructor a criminal?..just sayin..I have no dogs in the gun control deal but Im tired of the old guns don't kill..they do its not rocket science.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Some particular low points; an assumption that teachers would shoot children because children give teachers a hard time

So your so sure a teacher will not have a bad day and just walk in with a gun, if she was legally allowed to, in a class room and start firing?

You can make this guarantee? You would trust you kid in a school with an armed teacher and just hope they are sane and can handle pressure like a normal person?

Are you so sure a teacher will not have a bad day and just walk in with a gun, even if she is not legally allowed to do so, and start firing? If she intends to kill people and if she is unhinged enough to shoot children, the legality of the weapon she uses is immaterial. In short, there are no guarantees; you cannot say for certain regarding my question any more than I could say for certain regarding yours.

Besides, almost exclusively the demographic that is doing these mass shooting events are young, white males. This indicates a broader social problem that is affecting these young men that banning a weapon will not fix. I am just not that worried about a teacher going off the rails. Not to mention we are already trusting our teachers with the lives of our children. Because of the very specific demographic involved and my own personal experience, I would feel better if teachers were armed but that is a very individualized assessment and I can understand why many people are not comfortable with that.

The appropriate social response rests upon the specifics, which your comedian (and you) are largely ignoring.

edit on 1-9-2014 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

She was not a criminal, but she did kill him. Her finger pulled the trigger. She had no intention of killing him, but she did.

I t was not her fault. The blame lies on her father and the instructor. Their stupidity was criminal, imo.
edit on bu302014-09-01T19:25:50-05:0007America/ChicagoMon, 01 Sep 2014 19:25:50 -05007u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Oh, I can handle opposing viewpoints, and I appreciate honest constructive debate.

The resident ATS pro gun forum gang, doesn't understand honest constructive debate.

Anyway, I think Jeffries made some good points. And I thought it was funny.

We dont understand an honest constructive debate, yet the very fact that we are engaging in the debate has led you to call people here who dont agree with the OP , a "forum gang"

pretty hypocritical if you ask me

And a debate would mean that the opposing side actually addresses the questions, not just obfuscates , moves the goal post, or outright ignores them in the first place
edit on 9/1/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

I never said that he was wrong about everything.
I was speaking of his lack of talent in his chosen profession.... My opinion.
If you had read and comprehended my entire post, you would have realized that.
edit on bu302014-09-01T19:28:20-05:0007America/ChicagoMon, 01 Sep 2014 19:28:20 -05007u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Yes, bring a gun to a drone fight, see how well that works out for you.

Might need a few of these though...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

a reply to: sheepslayer247

Yes, bring a gun to a drone fight, see how well that works out for you.

Might need a few of these though...

Yeah because that worked out so well in the ME right?

It always amuses me that anti gun people talk about how the American Military would just walk over us and our firearms wouldnt matter........

Yet they conveniently forget the last 10 years........or they leave it out because it doesnt fit with their narrative

Well I was there, And i can tell you , our firearms DO matter

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Simple fact is, ONE SINGLE CASE of a gun being used in self defense kills your whole argument about their effectiveness in self defense situations.

You have to genuinely WANT to ignore the evidence to keep repeating the same idiotic banter over and over.

Another simple fact then..ONE SINGLE CASE of an owners gun being used on them does the same thing for gun protection by your logic.

The health risk of having a gun in the home

Accidental deaths, Suicides and Homicides

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

pretty sure this is just a troll thread

The usual argument when something is said about something you like...especially when it makes a little sense.

The ol' "troll thread" comment.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

But the point that the OP is using his satire to add to the anti-gun gospel is just as laughable

I am not using it as gospel..just thought he made a few valid points.
Hey believe what you will...Still doesn't change the fact there were valid points made.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

pretty sure this is just a troll thread

The usual argument when something is said about something you like...especially when it makes a little sense.

The ol' "troll thread" comment.

or it could be the fact that you havent really addressed anything thats been brought up that contradicts your arguments

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I am not using it as gospel..just thought he made a few valid points.
Hey believe what you will...Still doesn't change the fact there were valid points made.

sure , it would be valid if the facts didnt contradict them........

Thats kind of the point......

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

It's working pretty good right now.

Yeah, I used to be all pro gun too, then I talked with people like yourself. Turned me right off of guns.

See, the problem is that I talk to people like yourself, and I talk to them away from the T&Cs of ATS, and get what y'all can't share on this site.

So, please don't think that I don't know how y'all really feel on a host of subjects.

I get it, you like guns. Fine, just don't pretend there isn't a host of issues with gun violence in this nation.

And don't pretend that a lot of these mass shootings aren't committed by people that brought guns legally.

And don't pretend that the pro gun forum gang here on ATS doesn't exist.

And don't pretend that the goal of that gang isn't to derail these threads into a mess of off topic posts, personal insults, and just baiting in general.

We do get it, you like guns!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join