It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Jefferies Comedian on gun control

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
a reply to: Answer

Yet the government fears in citizens co much...that they continue to screw you over..

They have no fear of guns owners. They can outgun and out match you.

Unlike those other countries..the military here will first hand knowledge of the country they would be attacking.

Keep believing your own military would not engage you, if it helps you sleep at night.

Now you're just trolling. Pointless discussion is pointless.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yet the government fears in citizens co much...that they continue to screw you over..

Unlike those other countries..the military here will first hand knowledge of the country they would be attacking.

Keep believing your own military would not engage you, if it helps you sleep at night.

You are 100% wrong and you want to know why........History. The only governments in the past who gained outright control over the people did one very important thing. They disarmed the people.

edit on 1-9-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Then why havent they done it?

You speak like you have vast knowledge of such things but you dont......

Having served in the military I can tell you that yes quite a few will be stupid enough to try and disarm the populace.......but a vast majority will not......

Oh and youre forgetting how many vets we have .......

This argument has been done to death.......

Besides, speculation does nothing to address the questions askd of you on this thread that you have not answered

youre just obfuscating and redirecting

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kx12x
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Protection, in what world do you live in where you are on constant vigilance ..ie..sleeping, having sex..etc..

Moot point, that has no bearing on gun ownership. That situation would be the same with or without a gun. But I sure as hell would rather have gun then a knife if someone breaks into my house.

(2) Access to guns, are your guns just lying around for you to grab it or are you a responsible gun owner who makes sure their children can't take it or a criminal..like locking it up.

There's these things called "biometric gun safes" that open instantly upon verification, with a finger touch. They come in all sizes.

(3) The right to protect against your own government..made sense when you were evenly armed..but now you are outgunned and simply don't have the organization to group together to attack a well oiled machine. Who would lead..without a solid leadership and organization..it would be like picking off fish in a barrel.

Lets pretend that scenario came to pass, you would rather have nothing and bend over and take it, rather then at least try to defend yourself with what you have? Such a typical defeatist mindset.

Fight of course, explain why the need for many...how many of those guns would you be able to use against the government before you were picked off.

How about the art of surprise...if you are caught off guard..would your gun in your safe be any good? This is the point he was making.

If you say you are never caught off guard, the other point is valid...what world do you live in where are on constant alert?

Maybe do something about where you live..get to know better people..etc.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I seem to remember a few soldiers that developed a very real fear one day at Ft. Hood.
He had two handguns. He killed 13, injured 33.... @ an Army base.
He is still sucking wind in a cell.
Yeah. They got him good.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kx12x

Protection, in what world do you live in where you are on constant vigilance ..ie..sleeping, having sex..etc..

Moot point, that has no bearing on gun ownership. That situation would be the same with or without a gun. But I sure as hell would rather have gun then a knife if someone breaks into my house.

(2) Access to guns, are your guns just lying around for you to grab it or are you a responsible gun owner who makes sure their children can't take it or a criminal..like locking it up.

There's these things called "biometric gun safes" that open instantly upon verification, with a finger touch. They come in all sizes.

(3) The right to protect against your own government..made sense when you were evenly armed..but now you are outgunned and simply don't have the organization to group together to attack a well oiled machine. Who would lead..without a solid leadership and organization..it would be like picking off fish in a barrel.

Lets pretend that scenario came to pass, you would rather have nothing and bend over and take it, rather then at least try to defend yourself with what you have? Such a typical defeatist mindset.

Fight of course, explain why the need for many...how many of those guns would you be able to use against the government before you were picked off.

How about the art of surprise...if you are caught off guard..would your gun in your safe be any good? This is the point he was making.

If you say you are never caught off guard, the other point is valid...what world do you live in where are on constant alert?

Maybe do something about where you live..get to know better people..etc.

Simple fact is, ONE SINGLE CASE of a gun being used in self defense kills your whole argument about their effectiveness in self defense situations.

You have to genuinely WANT to ignore the evidence to keep repeating the same idiotic banter over and over.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

For most of human history our ancestors lived in a state of heightened awareness. Technology has dulled us recently. They're not only weakening the population by skewing the perception of guns, but also by making us dependent on them and weak/numb to our planet.

As a poster above pointed out, governments in the past who have done terrible things to their people have always taken guns away. It's always seen as being for safety, for the benefit of community but it isn't. It's to control the masses more effectively.

If I were a gun owner and knew how to use them, I'd want to hold on to them for protection. But even as someone who doesn't know the first thing about them I can see how most owners are safe and responsible. The media manipulates information and exploits very rare incidents to make them seem more pressing than they are.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Still using the old gun in the safe argument that's been blown out of the water, I see.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Having served in the military I can tell you that yes quite a few will be stupid enough to try and disarm the populace.......but a vast majority will not......

Besides, speculation does nothing to address the questions askd of you on this thread that you have not answered

You don't know anything as fact..have you met the majority of the military..
of course not, so you cannot make that claim.

Yes speculation does not nothing..but use "what if" scenarios. The fact that our argument for "what if" scenario is built on facts does nothing but still make it a what if.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Oh man a foreigner talking about gun control I'm America? Ya that was fed since jump street.
I did laugh tho, some alright points but the second is there so guns are not going anywhere

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Op just like many progressives you look at what could happen instead of what will happen. You put the rights of the masses over the rights of the individual and you make up fantasies to support your claims.

I often think of it like a paper bag floating in the wind. I know that is harsh but it is accurate progressive logic does not see the root it only sees the branches. It is also why so many young people can not find a path and float around looking directionless. It is failure I am sorry but it is. It is also why most people tend to grow more conservative as they have families and grow older.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
As a proud Aussie i must admit i really enjoy Jeffries style of comedy, but the moment a comedian starts talking politics i get irritated, while i did laugh at his antics i could totally understand someone becoming annoyed by his well scripted anti gun spiel.
There is a time and a place for comedy and foreign politics in that particular foreign country is not one of them. He came off as not just a comedian doing a routine but a political spokesperson with an agenda to influence and change opinion.
Cease sticking your nose in others affairs and come home Aussie before you get shot!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So you are not willing to say there is a chance you could be caught off guard?

Now who lives in La La land. Someone ever walk up on you and surprise you? Honestly.

Now imagine that it was a criminal...still say you gun in a safe would be any good? How about you don't keep the gun in a safe...surprised and held up with your own gun...would make a great story.

If people never get surprised in their own homes..explain all the families or people killed in their own homes...by family members or criminals...I am pretty sure they thought the same thing...Nope, never..etc.
edit on 1-9-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Op just like many progressives you look at what could happen instead of what will happen. You put the rights of the masses over the rights of the individual and you make up fantasies to support your claims.

I can only what could happen, because it is one scenario. You can't say for certainty on what would happed, that just makes you look like a fool.

You say we put the right of the masses over the rights of individuals...how about when the majority voted Obama in..you people wanted that changed...because "the right of the masses over the rights of individuals" was not important there..

How about when the majority of America wanted stricter gun control.."the right of the masses over the rights of individuals" wasn't important there either.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
AND will all of you in agreement who believe the MILITARY WILL attack you PLEASE tell us YOUR background.
I doubt I need discuss my own ,as my name covers it.

no they won't,they aren't stupid ,they are going to preserve the republic as ordered . Attack and suppress their own?

NAW that isn't possible with the entire military. Maybe CONTRACTORS ...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Anyone can be caught off guard. And even a con man can be conned.

I was just pointing put that you were using a specific argument that doesn't hold water.

Your idea that no one should try to protect themselves because they might be asleep 8 hours a day is BS too.
edit on b000000302014-09-01T18:56:45-05:0006America/ChicagoMon, 01 Sep 2014 18:56:45 -0500600000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Oh boy...

Another comedian gone political.

This is the moment he stopped being funny.

Jim jefferies = twat

Go back to knock knock jokes..

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

How about when the majority of America wanted stricter gun control.."the right of the masses over the rights of individuals" wasn't important there either.

when was that? I have only seen polls being trotted out with sketchy sampling of demographics. Links please to the "majority of America wanting stricter gun laws".

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

He can stay in Australia for all I care

LMAO! He said you would say that!

Good stuff! I love it when people become the stereotype!

Sorry OP, the resident ATS pro gun forum gang (that the mods and admins of this site refuse to do anythig about) will be along shortly to troll this thread into oblivion.

Cause that's what a forum gang does.

Anyway, funny comedian, good clip!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

You don't know anything as fact..have you met the majority of the military..
of course not, so you cannot make that claim.

Yes speculation does not nothing..but use "what if" scenarios. The fact that our argument for "what if" scenario is built on facts does nothing but still make it a what if.

Being that ive served in the military......id say I have some pretty damn good insight into the mind of the military personnel as a whole........

You say that I dont know anything as fact, yet you keep trying to throw out conjecture and weak talking points as fact....to try to drive home your point.....

hypocrisy much?

yeah .........pretty sure this is just a troll thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join