It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Jefferies Comedian on gun control

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Why does a carpenter need more than one saw?

Because he is a crazed maniac with no regard for other people's limbs and digits.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DAVID64
Why does a carpenter need more than one saw?

Because he is a crazed maniac with no regard for other people's limbs and digits.

Well that... and he is probably a racist carpenter too.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Indeed. If this is the sort of judgement he displays I'm rather happy he's chosen not to be a gun owner

SM2

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: howmuch4another

Indeed. If this is the sort of judgement he displays I'm rather happy he's chosen not to be a gun owner

Yeah, he may just be bitter because he could not pass the background check to own a firearm, so now, because he cant have one he is crusading against anyone owning one.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Here's the thing, you second amendment supporters have failed.

Your chance to prove that you were with the citizens of this nation against tyranny died in Ferguson.

You all failed.

All of your arguments are null and void. You can't be bothered to protect your own countrymen, you can't argue that point anymore.

Not one militia group presented themselves at Ferguson. You failed to protect the people from a tyrannical government. You no longer have that excuse for your arms.

You all failed, remember that.

You are wrong. The militia in the form of the armed citizen DID show up in Ferguson and worked as intended--the people got together to protect each other's shops from criminals, looters, and arsonists and they succeeded where they did this.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: MarlinGrace
I had an acquaintance that owned a Ruger Mark II with an integral suppressor in stainless steel. He called it his kitty cat solution. It looked just like a bull barrel model.

On topic:
More Gunz!
2nd Amendment!
Murica!

I see we know some of the same people, and it's much quieter with your thumb holding the back of the slide. Too funny the 1022 with a 2 liter bottle and the proper stuffing makes only the bolt cycling noise and thats it. I think he lives in a catless neighborhood now.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines

originally posted by: riffraff
The only truth in the whole 15 minute bit was when he admitted to doing drugs "like a champ".

And you expect this to change any minds?

No. I expected you to enjoy the guys humour, and his common sense aproach.

So who isn't on drugs?
The rappers & deejays, the lawyers, the bankers, the military, in Hollywood you have to offer a snort of coke to everyone you meet, it's kind of compulsory, i guess.
Hmm lets see, cops, judges, artists musicians, most of the great poets, writers, scientists..

Just about everybody who actually did something, or got famous, was doing drugs of one kind or another.

I can deal with people who are on those kinds of drugs, what i can't deal with is people who get high on other drugs like agression, money, power over others, and the biggest killer of them all, religion.
The only religion i personaly have an interest (and also a leetle faith in) is bhuddism, so there

..or was that Buhddism.....

So you think the world is made up of functional drug addicts....fine
Except you have to sign papers attesting that you don't do illegal drugs(or herbs) when you purchase a firearm. So this comedian couldn't have a firearm even if he wanted.
And what's with the rant about religion?!?
Who said anything about religion???
I have to ask....are YOU on drugs?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

a reply to: SM2

The fact that it's an amendment, and not an inalienable right, not a guarantee, and that none of that is in the second amendment.

Your ONLY inalienable rights are: Life, Liberty, AND the pursuit of Happiness.

Other amendments can be overturned, it's happened before, it can happen again.

I don't want that, I just don't want guns in the wrong hands.

Middle ground!

Well until it is overturned it has all the standing necessary.....given your convoluted understanding of the constitution anyway.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines

The only truth in the whole 15 minute bit was when he admitted to doing drugs "like a champ".

And you expect this to change any minds?

No. I expected you to enjoy the guys humour, and his common sense aproach.

So who isn't on drugs?
The rappers & deejays, the lawyers, the bankers, the military, in Hollywood you have to offer a snort of coke to everyone you meet, it's kind of compulsory, i guess.
Hmm lets see, cops, judges, artists musicians, most of the great poets, writers, scientists..

Just about everybody who actually did something, or got famous, was doing drugs of one kind or another.

I can deal with people who are on those kinds of drugs, what i can't deal with is people who get high on other drugs like agression, money, power over others, and the biggest killer of them all, religion.
The only religion i personaly have an interest (and also a leetle faith in) is bhuddism, so there

..or was that Buhddism.....

So you think the world is made up of functional drug addicts....fine
Except you have to sign papers attesting that you don't do illegal drugs(or herbs) when you purchase a firearm. So this comedian couldn't have a firearm even if he wanted.
And what's with the rant about religion?!?
Who said anything about religion???
I have to ask....are YOU on drugs?

I find it funny drugs were brought up. They are a perfect example. They are illegal, yet they are everywhere. Why would guns be different?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

And when was the last time someone told you drugs are a) are easy to find and b) priced reasonably?
MJ does not count, as it is almost legalized at this point.

That was the one thing I agreed with the most, if you get rid of the mass supply, where will the criminals get them?
And when they do find them, the price will be ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: XTexan

And when was the last time someone told you drugs are a) are easy to find and b) priced reasonably?
MJ does not count, as it is almost legalized at this point.

That was the one thing I agreed with the most, if you get rid of the mass supply, where will the criminals get them?
And when they do find them, the price will be ridiculous.

Drugs of all kinds are all around, and very easy to get. People just don't flaunt it about for obvious reasons. As for price its like any other product, if you shop around there are great deals to be found.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Do you live in a closet?

Heroin can't be prescribed by a doctor. It is all smuggled into the US....

And it is easily found in most neighborhoods, and not just cities. I grew up in a very rural area and they have a big problem with heroin.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: riffraff

No mate, i am on the biggest drug of all,(except coffee) i have an enquiring mind;
u
[yvid]
Drugs are not the issue here, but you made it one, i just pointed out that most of the scene-changers used drugs of one kind or another; don't get carried away.
Maybe this will help:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-9-2014 by playswithmachines because: hmm lets see...

edit on 7-9-2014 by playswithmachines because: uh-oh

edit on 7-9-2014 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Here's the thing, you second amendment supporters have failed.

Your chance to prove that you were with the citizens of this nation against tyranny died in Ferguson.

You all failed.

All of your arguments are null and void. You can't be bothered to protect your own countrymen, you can't argue that point anymore.

Not one militia group presented themselves at Ferguson. You failed to protect the people from a tyrannical government. You no longer have that excuse for your arms.

You all failed, remember that.

Well, aren't We just a ray of frgging sunshine?
Say something that HELPS

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Meth is cheaper than MJ and just about the same on the accessible scale.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I wager that 90% of the people in this thread who are pissed at the OP and the video didn't actually WATCH the video, nor listen to the very common sense points he makes.

The fact that he is a comedian means nothing, Jon Stewart is also a comedian - do you dismiss all his very valid points because it is under the guise of comedy?

The fact is the U.S. 2nd Amendment exists to arm the populace (with muskets) against a tyrannous government. That tyrannous government is upon you and all I see are excuses and cowardice. Oh yeah, and the government has bigger guns now.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

The fact is the U.S. 2nd Amendment exists to arm the populace (with muskets) against a tyrannous government. That tyrannous government is upon you and all I see are excuses and cowardice. Oh yeah, and the government has bigger guns now.

So the 1st Amendment should only cover verbal, printed or written words. They didn't have telephones, telegraphs, radios, internet.............etc back when the Constitution was written.
They didn't have medical insurance back then either, so can we get rid of the ACA too?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Excuses and nonsense. Nothing more.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Excuses and nonsense. Nothing more.

Yes, I was mirroring your post, in order to point out your nonsense. I am glad that you are able to recognize nonsense.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Wow, what are you, like 3 years old?

Children copy each other in playground games, adults usually attempt to refute the argument rather than resorting to such childish tactics.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join