It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Jefferies Comedian on gun control

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

bumper sticker that said cats flattened while you wait

I never had one of those.
I did have one that said.... " I do NOT brake for cats!"

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

bumper sticker that said cats flattened while you wait

I never had one of those.
I did have one that said.... " I do NOT brake for cats!"

So you use the cats for traction approach...... nice.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I saw two cats try to cross a road once.... not one, but two vehicles hit them at 90 mph.
There was a huge cloud of fur.

On topic:
Murica! Gunz!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Points he makes.

(1) Protection, in what world do you live in where you are on constant vigilance ..ie..sleeping, having sex..etc..

(2) Access to guns, are your guns just lying around for you to grab it or are you a responsible gun owner who makes sure their children can't take it or a criminal..like locking it up.

(3) The right to protect against your own government..made sense when you were evenly armed..but now you are outgunned and simply don't have the organization to group together to attack a well oiled machine. Who would lead..without solid leadership and organization..it would be like picking off fish in a barrel.

More points he made but I suggest watching it.

Starred mate, first watch all of it, and realise he is making some good points.
I am neutral in this debate, since where i am even sharp objects are not alowed, let alone guns.
And those that did have permits were....wait for it...the ones who gunned down people in a shopping mall.
Now maybe the cops were a bit slow in handling the paperwork, but they gave them that permit, while a simple backround check showed they all had a history of mental issues.

Guns don't kill people it's true. Pencils do not write books, keyboards do not make fundamental misteaks.
But i guess if someone is hell bent on killing someone else, the would pick the nearest heavy object & beat them with it. so the whole gun thing is moot, IMO.
If someone breaks in here they will get my Leatherman up their arse, yes the pliers bit. I keep 'Kevin' always near me

If you want to keep your second amendment (in fact if you want to keep any of them) then you will have to build your own drones, because you are heavily outgunned by your own gubmint, just as we are.

I don't need guns, yet i have had weapons training, and yes, i like guns myself, and having been a marksman in my youth, i can still get photo-shoots at fairs, win teddy bears for the wife, and get in some practice.
Yes i even miss the mule-kick recoil of the .303 or the 762 and the stench of cordite and the joy of watching the target explode.
But that's all it was, a game with fake targets. I never shot at another living soul (well nothing bigger than a hornet
and i hope i never have to)
But i would not have such a dangerous object in the house, taking a life for any reason, is just plain wrong

20 years ago the computer games were mostly WW2 and fought with tanks.
Then came the shoot-up nasty aliens (my personal fave as games go) but still a game.
Then there was the kill zombies with assault rifles.
Then came kill terrorists with assault rifles.
And the latest branch of virtual reality: kill each other with assault rifles.
Personally, i reckon that the PS2, the X-Box, 'social networks' and all that other crap is what's causing the damage here. The thoughts in the brain that sent the signal to pull the trigger.
Where did they come from?
And please don't go all political on me, i don't do politics, i am not anti-US i actually like you, some of my best freinds are americans

Whishing you the best, i'm rooting for you guys and hope you get your country back.
We are in the same BS NWO takeover as you my freinds, we have only 2 weapons. Pitchforks, and the Net.

Pitchforks it is, then

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: riffraff
The only truth in the whole 15 minute bit was when he admitted to doing drugs "like a champ".

And you expect this to change any minds?

No. I expected you to enjoy the guys humour, and his common sense aproach.

So who isn't on drugs?
The rappers & deejays, the lawyers, the bankers, the military, in Hollywood you have to offer a snort of coke to everyone you meet, it's kind of compulsory, i guess.
Hmm lets see, cops, judges, artists musicians, most of the great poets, writers, scientists..

Just about everybody who actually did something, or got famous, was doing drugs of one kind or another.

I can deal with people who are on those kinds of drugs, what i can't deal with is people who get high on other drugs like agression, money, power over others, and the biggest killer of them all, religion.
The only religion i personaly have an interest (and also a leetle faith in) is bhuddism, so there

..or was that Buhddism.....
edit on 3-9-2014 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I cant be undecided on this subject any more. I live near Chicago. We have one of the highest firearm incident rates in the country. And that is a direct result of local government's continuous stream of anti-gun legislation. Years ago then Mayor Daley fought for and won the votes for his "gun free zone" legislation. Chicago is, according to the legislation, a gun free zone. Uh huh...

I have been saying this for years and I will continue until someone proves otherwise. You can not solve this problem with legislation. Legislation does not work on criminals. Criminals break the law. That is why we call them criminals. If you passed a hundred laws today making every single weapon you can think of illegal, tomorrow there will be just as many illegal weapons on the streets as there are today. Why? Because the only people who will abide by those laws, by default, are the law abiding citizens. And they are not the ones out there shooting each other in the streets because their drug deal went bad, or someone wore the wrong color sneakers. Those are the criminals.

I don't know how many people have actually had a gun pointed at them or fired at them. I can tell you from experience, its not fun when the only gun there is one the other guy has. I have had a conceal carry license in the past and I am applying for one again now. I don't particularly like carrying, but there are times when I feel it is prudent to take whatever precautions I can to safeguard myself and my family.

I can honestly say I hope I never have to use a weapon to defend myself or my family. But if I have to, I will. And I wont regret my actions. I have already made peace with myself and made my decisions. In the heat of the moment when seconds count is not the time to have the philosophical debate with yourself regarding your ability to pull the trigger. You have to have made that decision before you ever picked up the gun. If the situation calls for deadly force, your decision is already made.

Personal protection aside, lets not forget what the second amendment is really about. Its not about hunting. Its not about defending your home. Its about protecting yourself from government run amok. People always focus on terminology like 'assault rifle' as a reason to ban weapons. Why do you need an assault rifle? Assault, is a verb. It is an action. It is not an object. But when you call a rifle an assault rifle, well, that's something else. It sounds like it should be banned. So, many cities did exactly that. Then they found out that most, and in some cases, all of their police officers owned those some assault rifles. So how did they solve that problem? They reclassified those particular rifles as "personal protection rifles". How convenient.

The bottom line is really very simple. If you don't want guns or don't like guns, don't have guns. If you are concerned about crime, find a real solution. Don't waste precious time and resources passing ineffective legislation and distracting people with pseudo-solutions that only exacerbate the situation. That is not solving the problem, that is becoming part of the problem. I agree that something has to be done about violent crime. But I know that disarming law abiding citizens is not the answer. Most self defense instructors will tell you the best way to become a victim is to look like one. Criminals are predators and they look for the weakest of the herd. It is impossible to look like a victim when you are carrying lethal force, are skilled in its use, and are prepared to use it if necessary.
edit on 3-9-2014 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SM2

The fact that it's an amendment, and not an inalienable right, not a guarantee, and that none of that is in the second amendment.

Your ONLY inalienable rights are: Life, Liberty, AND the pursuit of Happiness.

Other amendments can be overturned, it's happened before, it can happen again.

I don't want that, I just don't want guns in the wrong hands.

Middle ground!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Then obviously you didn't read or understand the content of the article.

Not my fault.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

I read and understood it quite well. It contained no examples of lobbyists preventing current laws from being enforced. It only demonstrated a desire that lobbyists had on influencing future laws.

Perhaps you should reread it and then post the relative examples of lobbyists compelling law enforcement to disregard current laws if that practice actually exists. Short of that stop posting your nonsense and expecting everyone to swallow it as truth when it is solely your opinion.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
O wow things have changed,(Tip for newbies; quote original but cut out the bits that are not relevant to you We read the original post, and quoting all of it again just takes up space, post the bit you have an issue with, thanks)

Vroomfondel;

I cant be undecided on this subject any more. I live near Chicago. We have one of the highest firearm incident rates in the country. And that is a direct result of local governments continuous stream of anti-gun legislation. Years ago then Mayor Daley fought for and won the votes for his "gun free zone" legislation. Chicago is, according to the legislation, a gun free zone. Uh huh...

I get you, South London has been a 'nuclear free zone' for 10 years, according to the local council, yeah like high speed neutrino's obey that law, they didn't at Fukushima......

I have been saying this for years and I will continue until someone proves otherwise. You can not solve this problem with legislation.. Legislation does not work on criminals. Criminals break the law. That is why we call them criminals. If you passed a hundred laws today making every single weapon you can think of illegal, tomorrow there will be just as many illegal weapons on the streets as there are today. Why? Because the only people who will abide by that legislation, by default, are the law abiding citizens. And they are not the ones out there shooting each other in the streets because their drug deal went bad, or someone wore the wrong color sneakers. Those are the criminals.

Yes.

I don't know how many people have actually had a gun pointed at them or fired at them. I can tell you from experience, its not fun when the only gun there is one the other guy has. I have had a conceal carry license in the past and I am applying for one again now. I don't particularly like carrying, but there are times when I feel it is prudent to take whatever precautions I can to safeguard myself and my family.

I did, several times. I am still alive to talk about it.
I still do not carry a gun, i do Kung-Fu lessons instead.

I can honestly say I hope I never have to use a weapon to defend myself or my family. But if I have to, I will. And I wont regret my actions. I have already made peace with myself and made my decisions. In the heat of the moment when seconds count is not the time to have the philosophical debate with yourself regarding your ability to pull the trigger. You have to have made that decision before you ever picked up the gun. If the situation calls for deadly force, your decision is already made.

Yes i agree with you also, but be aware that YOU are the deadly force, not the gun.

Master Po (yes that one) said;

Run, rather than fight.
Fight, if you cannot run.
Evade, if you can, rather than fight.
Fight rather than submit.
Hurt, rather than maim.
Maim, rather than kill.
Kill, rather than die.

And yes i know that is a split-second decision time, but run through that list in your head sometimes, it has saved my life more than once.

Personal protection aside, lets not forget what the second amendment is really about. Its not about hunting. Its not about defending your home. Its about protecting yourself from government run amok. People always focus on terminology like 'assault rifle' as a reason to ban weapons. Why do you need an assault rifle? Assault, is a verb. It is an action. It is not an object. But when you all a rifle and assault rifle, well, that's something else. It sounds like it should be banned. So, many cities did exactly that.

Then they found out that most, and in some cases, all of their police officers owned those some assault rifles. So how did they solve that problem? They reclassified those particular rifles as "personal protection rifles". How convenient.

YES but you see the problem now, no way ever can you defend yourself from your own (elected? or elected for you?) leaders, but yes if i were there, i would never give up my gun, in fact they would never get to know if & what weapons i had, i would simply forget to tell them, like they conveniently forgot to tell you they shat on the constitution.

The bottom line is really very simple. If you don't want guns or don't like guns, don't have guns. If you are concerned about crime, find a real solution. Don't waste precious time and resources passing ineffective legislation and distracting people with pseudo-solutions that only exacerbate the situation. That is not solving the problem, that is becoming part of the problem. I agree that something has to be done about violent crime. But I know that disarming law abiding citizens is not the answer. Most self defense instructors will tell you the best way to become a victim is to look like one. Criminals are predators and they look for
the weakest of the herd. It is impossible to look like a victim when you are carrying lethal force, are skilled in its use, and are prepared to use it if necessary.

[That's your problem, i can]
Well i have to agree with you again, if someone wanted to harm me, i would give the same excuse cops everywhere (and no disrespect to the good cops, i have met you guys, but most cops love the uniform & free violence, i whish there were more good cops! ) give, and that is, they hurt themselves trying to leave my property, they fell down the stairs etc
My hands are my lethal force, they are all i need... :

When i go on vacation, i set my workshop up with a 23,000 volt charge on the door. And i have a burglar alarm wired direct to the emergency call center. Not because i am paranoid but i do have some very valuable stuff here, and i would hate for some neanderthal come & steal it, or trash it not knowing what it is.
That in my mind, should carry a 10 year sentence minimal.

"You can take the wife, the money, the car, but DO NOT touch my project in the garden shed" LOL
Thank you for your time, i am out of here, just wanted to inject some humour + reality into this thread.
-PWM-
edit on 3-9-2014 by playswithmachines because: oops!

edit on 3-9-2014 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here's the thing, you second amendment supporters have failed.

Your chance to prove that you were with the citizens of this nation against tyranny died in Ferguson.

You all failed.

All of your arguments are null and void. You can't be bothered to protect your own countrymen, you can't argue that point anymore.

Not one militia group presented themselves at Ferguson. You failed to protect the people from a tyrannical government. You no longer have that excuse for your arms.

You all failed, remember that.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Here's the thing you all have done and always do...put words into people's mouths.

I never once said..repeal the 2nd amendment and take guns away from everyone.

In fact Jim Jefferies and I just pointed out how some of the arguments for guns are stupid. If a gun is needed at all times to protect yourself...then you are completely F'd. There will be times where it is unavailable and may depend have to depend on yourself for protection...a lot of you sound like you are completely useless without one.

What I want..is stricter mental health laws and also stricter background checks which should include mental health background checks, make it so..in order to own a gun..a mental health professional signs certificate saying so and so is mentally fit and ready to own one...but a lot of you don't want that because you think you may fall into the category of having a mental health issue. If that is the case...do you really think you should have access to guns?

Also extreme laws against those who use guns in the commission of a crime..like a minimum of certain years for having a gun illegally..many more if used in a crime. Make guns undesirable for criminals, make them a guaranteed jail able offense for having one illegally or selling guns..ie...someone sells a gun without background check or proper paperwork ...6 months jail time...petty criminal known to cops is stopped and questioned...cops notice gun..ask if they have a permit to own one..nope..then off to jail...for a year or so. Criminal uses gun in crime..no deaths...20 yrs minimum. Criminal uses gun and death occurs...life sentence no parole. Just suggestions.

I don't want you people to have guns...I just want them harder and undesirable to own one if you are a criminal.

I also don't want people who will kill over material objects to have one. As for life and death situations..they must prove that without a shadow of a doubt...there was only one choice and one choice only.

Those are the only things I want...make them safer and in the hands of reasonable people.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

You didn't "say" repeal the second amendment, but when you say you want to take guns away from people you are saying the same thing, just using different words.

If you need a gun every minute to protect yourself... I never said I did. However, in that moment when I do need one (assuming that ever happens) I want to at least have the chance. I am not useless without one, but I am getting older, handicapped, and not as able to take a physical assault as I used to be.

Mental health is already part of the process. If you lie about it you have committed a felony and can no longer own a gun. Either way, if you have had verifiable mental issues in the past you can not own a firearm.

Stricter punishment is always a good choice, and most gun advocates will agree with that. Getting government to follow through once the law is passed is a different story. Chicago is a perfect example. It is illegal to own a gun if you are a convicted felon. It is illegal to carry a concealed weapon. It is illegal to use a weapon in the commission of a crime. It is illegal to fire a gun within city limits. It is illegal to assault someone with a firearm. It is illegal to kill someone with a firearm. How much more illegal to you think you have to make it before it will solve the problem? And that is the core of my argument. Legislation doesn't work. Even if you pass the laws, the criminals wont obey them and the government wont enforce them. We need a better solution. And I DO want a solution. I just want one that works for once.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I see that instead of answering the challenge from Augustus you are up to your old tricks of changing the subject. I have to say that this statement of yours is the single largest pile of horse # you have ever posted on the topic. I can think of no militia group that would have gone into that battleground and incited even more violence when the facts were ambiguous at the time. If anything that shows sound judgement and restraint. you are ridiculous once again.

originally posted by: HauntWok
Here's the thing, you second amendment supporters have failed.

Your chance to prove that you were with the citizens of this nation against tyranny died in Ferguson.

You all failed.

All of your arguments are null and void. You can't be bothered to protect your own countrymen, you can't argue that point anymore.

Not one militia group presented themselves at Ferguson. You failed to protect the people from a tyrannical government. You no longer have that excuse for your arms.

You all failed, remember that.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I have failed in nothing. I am a patriot and I support the constitution and will to my dying breath. I am not however responsible for the action/inaction in Ferguson. As far as I can tell at this point, the only person who failed in Ferguson was the black kid who stole from the convenience store and then failed to do what the police told him to do. Once this matter goes to court, and if it is determined that something else happened, then and only then would it be prudent to defend a liberty taken from a citizen without due process.

You seem to know with great certainty what happened there and who is at fault. May I ask how you acquired this definitive information?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I didn't show up for BUNDY either,not a national security issue ,neither is another dead thug,less so really white or black ,green,I WOULD like to hun't them MYSELF(NOT trained to fire warning shots ,the bad guy IS'N'T supposed to get up). AGAIN YOU don't define what YOU aren't ,without YOU being the failure.WHO gives a crap about some urban predator ? OTHER urban predators.

75th Rgr. Bats should SWEEP these cesspools to attrite their numbers so the police can clean them up later.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I saw two cats try to cross a road once.... not one, but two vehicles hit them at 90 mph.
There was a huge cloud of fur.

On topic:
Murica! Gunz!

So thats whats stuck in the wheel of my truck. Cat Fur...

Isn't there a song by Mr. Nugent called cat scratch burritos? LOL

On topic:
A Ruger 1022 with oil filter quieting apparatus is cheaper than truck fuel for cat scratch burritos.

edit on 4-9-2014 by MarlinGrace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Jim Jefferies on gun control...funny and actually makes a lot of sense.

Watch entire video.

stupid.

put your stuff on the sidewalk every night.
leave a note.

ad homs. lol. (still listening)

funny how he brags about port artha.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I had an acquaintance that owned a Ruger Mark II with an integral suppressor in stainless steel. He called it his kitty cat solution. It looked just like a bull barrel model.

On topic:
More Gunz!
2nd Amendment!
Murica!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I would say that the majority just "LIKE" guns and some actually use it for the purpose they wanted on for..protection.

Why would you need an arsenal if you didn't just love guns..if it was for protection one would suffice.

Why does a carpenter need more than one saw?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join