It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Jefferies Comedian on gun control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Jim Jefferies on gun control...funny and actually makes a lot of sense.

Watch entire video.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996
I watched 5 minutes.
He said that we Americans keep our guns in a drawer and one of the kids find it and shoots another one of the kids. He said 'It happens every time.' It isn't true.
If you appreciate it for humor, okay. If you appreciate and agree with his social commentary, okay.
He can stay in Australia for all I care. I didn't laugh once in five minutes. That is a bomb for stand up comedy.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yeah, makes a lot of sense. If you know absolutely nothing about guns and you're just trying to be funny.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I just want to get this straight OP you posted a comedian doing standup as talking point for a very serious topic. Many peoples view of reality if off it seems. The progressive mindset truly is a cancer for the young and old alike.

Do people in other countries even understand why gun rights are so important to liberty? They think they are free but the second the government wants to enslave them they are screwed. And look around the world and ask yourself are the people more afraid of the governments or the other way around.
edit on 1-9-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
...people are right about one thing..if it makes sense..gun owners don't want to hear it.

Fine don't watch it for the humor, watch it for the sense he is making..watch it all the way through.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Yeah it is a comedy stand up routine but it also makes a lot of sense. Instead of shrugging it off as just comedy..why not refute something he said.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Complete and utter tripe that is built upon a series of logical fallacies.

Some particular low points; an assumption that teachers would shoot children because children give teachers a hard time and his ah... interpretation of someone with Aspergers. Not to mention the ol' The-Second-Amendment-Only-Works-For-Muskets argument.

What a load of ignorant horse sh**.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

He's entitled to his opinion, even if he is misinformed.

Our guns aren't going anywhere, the Govt. is not capable of taking them all. It's logistically not feasible.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Yeah it is a comedy stand up routine but it also makes a lot of sense.

well to responsible law abiding gun owners who own safes, teach gun safety and believe in the 2nd amendment it makes no sense at all.

Instead of shrugging it off as just comedy..why not refute something he said.

you must have missed the "it isn't true" part of butcher guy's post.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Care to elaborate? Saying "it makes sense" doesn't mean anything. And yes, I did watch it. Please, provide a full explanation for my slow brain. Since it makes so much sense, it shouldn't be too difficult.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Points he makes.

(1) Protection, in what world do you live in where you are on constant vigilance ..ie..sleeping, having sex..etc..

(2) Access to guns, are your guns just lying around for you to grab it or are you a responsible gun owner who makes sure their children can't take it or a criminal..like locking it up.

(3) The right to protect against your own government..made sense when you were evenly armed..but now you are outgunned and simply don't have the organization to group together to attack a well oiled machine. Who would lead..without solid leadership and organization..it would be like picking off fish in a barrel.

More points he made but I suggest watching it.
edit on 1-9-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

OP he says this as "Fact" that the only argument Americans have for having guns is because we like them. This is not a fact it is personal truth. And actually it is wrong. He makes himself look like an idiot in the first 5 minutes.

This is something he said OP and he is 100% wrong would you agree with that?

link   

I thought he was great. Very funny. The most valid point was the last one starting at 14:40. If anyone thinks they can take out the military, I say let them try. 1 Less stupid individual to worry about.

Thanks for posting.

edit on 1-9-2014 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

link   

Because his ONLY premis the SINGLE fact he was basing all of his WISDOM on was the supposed FACT we only have these guns because we LIKE them.
Making YOUR request more humorous than that vid.
UNLESS you are unaware of the reason WHY we have guns in our opinion?
Perhaps you think WE are ALL lying ...because we like guns.
Or maybe we have LOST our minds in battlefields that cause us to lie
OR maybe you just don't remember the LAST 35 threads where we explained it was offensive to us to be referred to as liars and why our opinions of war should be noted over the medias...

link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Some particular low points; an assumption that teachers would shoot children because children give teachers a hard time

So your so sure a teacher will not have a bad day and just walk in with a gun, if she was legally allowed to, in a class room and start firing?

You can make this guarantee? You would trust you kid in a school with an armed teacher and just hope they are sane and can handle pressure like a normal person?
edit on 1-9-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The thing about gun owners is..they never argue any points..just call anyone who disagrees with them an idiot and if you don;t like it..go home...etc.

He even talks about it...and he says "No, I came here legally, pays his taxes and your 1st amendment guarantees him the right to say anything he wants"...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I would say that the majority just "LIKE" guns and some actually use it for the purpose they wanted on for..protection.

Why would you need an arsenal if you didn't just love guns..if it was for protection one would suffice.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I prefer citizens who are responsible with guns having guns. Notice criminals kill people. Not guns.

I've never fired a gun but I've lived in parts of the country where the police are a good half hour away. Simple arithmetic.

Half of these outspoken anti-gun activists enjoy armed bodyguards and security, police near them with guns. I'm certain many of them even have a few in their own homes. You know, just for protection.

Murderous authority? Guns. Overpaid media puppets, protected by Uncle AK at all times.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The only truth in the whole 15 minute bit was when he admitted to doing drugs "like a champ".
And you expect this to change any minds?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

originally posted by: redhorse

Some particular low points; an assumption that teachers would shoot children because children give teachers a hard time

So your so sure a teacher will not have a bad day and just walk in with a gun, if she was legally allowed to, in a class room and start firing?

You can make this guarantee? You would trust you kid in a school with an armed teacher and just hope they are sane and can handle pressure like a normal person?

Can you make a guarantee that a teacher wont bring a gun to school anyway w out having a legal CC for it and take students out.........

Can you guarantee they wont come in with a knife and go stab happy?

Can you make a guarantee they wont bring in a bomb when theyve had enough bs from the kids......

See how that "what if" works?

If theres such a concern about teachers not being stable then perhaps there needs to be more stringent standards......

But I digress, because I know that the concern really isnt how stable the teachers are, its about guns, youre just using the teachers as a patsi to drive home a talking point
edit on 9/1/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join