It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressive/Democrat goal: control your eating based on environmentalism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's not okay to legislate what people eat, even though we're kind of already there, the junk food, beef, poultry and fish lobbies are huge and farmers are paid not to grow healthy crops in favor of wheat, corn and sugar.

This is just information, many people don't consider environmental costs when buying food it just never crosses most people's minds... being able to make more informed choices is never a bad thing.

If there comes a time when the government mandates our diets, I'll march with you guys but this... is just another jab at progressives, environmentalists and worst of them all, us evil vegetarians.

Just wondering, do you guys ever feel bad or dirty for the way you speak about other human beings? If not, maybe it's not us that are the problem.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I just had to call my kids school last week. My children are offered a choice between gross and I'll wait until I get home.

That myCart program was the one I liked the least as well. Sectional shopping carts seem like my kids will be pushing a cart as well.

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: xuenchen
Ah yes.

It always starts with the old "guidelines and recommendations".

It started with guidelines and recommendations in 1894! How intrusive has it become in the interim? More fast food places than ever before. Sugar is in our food and can be labeled as MANY things. It's everywhere! Our produce is RAMPANT with deadly pesticides. And we're eating the hair of humans in our food... Boy, they've really cracked down on us, huh?

Have you seen what they are serving at schools that passes for lunch?

My daughter is a teacher and said it is really affecting the poor students. It seems many of them this is their only meal all day and seconds are not allowed.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: ketsuko

It's not law, only the schools that participate in the government program that is completely voluntary, have to abide by rules.

And my school teacher daughter sees children starving because of schools abiding by the rules.

She says the amount of food given the children is ridiculously inadequate, leaving children hungry, with low blood sugar, and unable to concentrate.

What? Do you think schools are actually there to educate kids? If they learned something, then they wouldn't need the government and their betters to "take care" of them later on.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

We are going to run with:

the Democrats think they know what is best for everyone else

And the Republicans want to ban abortion because they think they know what is best for everyone. And Republicans want to stop gay marriage because they think they know what is best for everyone. And Republicans want to bring prayer back into schools because they think they know what is best for everyone.

We can all play that game.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

No, you're whining about something that this country has done for over a hundred years.

And mistakenly thinking it's mandatory. It's just recommendations, you can still eat bacon wrapped bacon bacon or whatever you like.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Who would have thought that having health insurance would be mandatory?

The people in Massachusetts would. Nixon would. The Heritage Foundation would. All the other countries in the world that mandate health insurance would.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

No, you're whining about something that this country has done for over a hundred years.

And mistakenly thinking it's mandatory. It's just recommendations, you can still eat bacon wrapped bacon bacon or whatever you like.

While Michelle Obama is making sure children go hungry every school day. If parents send a lunch that is adequate, then parents risk the lunch nazi taking it away for not being as balanced as the pitiful lunches O is mandating.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

And the Republicans want to ban abortion because they think they know what is best for everyone. And Republicans want to stop gay marriage because they think they know what is best for everyone. And Republicans want to bring prayer back into schools because they think they know what is best for everyone.

You are wrong, and just quoting stereotypes.

Abortion will never go away and Republicans gave up on that many years ago. Myth
Abortion will keep on getting rid of more blacks than are born as was designed by Planned Parenthood when it began (check the history of planned parenthood). I even forsee post-birth abortion becoming legal like Obama himself voted for in Illinois. Abortion is a moot point. Dems won, that's over.

As for gay marriage, that too is over and even the Mormons have won the right in Utah to engage in pologymous marriages. Also, not one of my Republican friends find this any issue at all.

I don't see any Democrats against the TSA storing every email and phone call of every American. I don't see any Democrats against the IRS who it has been proved lied about losing emails, and it has been proven lied about persecuting people who held political views that don't coincide with Democratic political views. I don't see any Democrats caring about the TSA molesting children and grandmas' every day all day 24 hours a day.
I don't see any Democrats upset that Obama has spent 44 million of my and your money on vacations over the past 6 years while cutting the amount of money that people on food stamps get.

I haven't seen any Republicans trying to limit the amount of soda an individual can purchase in a cup. I haven't seen any Republicans saying about bills in congress, we have to pass them before we read them so we can find out what is in them.

Do you want someone monitoring every bite you put in your mouth, don't mind, go ahead and vote Democrat.
edit on 8Mon, 01 Sep 2014 20:54:07 -0500pm90109pmk011 by grandmakdw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Then go to the school board and logically convince them to abandon the federal lunch initiative. Or, pack your kids lunches yourself.

Choice!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You are wrong, and just quoting stereotypes.

Abortion will never go away and Republicans gave up on that many years ago. Myth
Abortion will keep on getting rid of more blacks than are born as was designed by Planned Parenthood when it began (check the history of planned parenthood). I even forsee post-birth abortion becoming legal like Obama himself voted for in Illinois. Abortion is a moot point. Dems won, that's over.

Really? My state of Texas recently passed legislation that basically will shut down most abortion clinics in the state. Need I remind you what the primary political party is in Texas? My state is also one of several southern states that is fighting gay marriage tooth and nail. They'll probably lose that fight, but not for lack of trying. Why are they trying? Because they think they know what's best for everyone.

The rest of your post is hyperbole and fear mongering.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Being told what to eat.

I suppose that next someone will say it's for our own good because people aren't smart enough to make that determination themselves.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Im not a obumer fanboy but its ridiculous to see how people in this day and age think whats ok for a meal, everywhere i go i see fat unhealthy kids and adults, too bad educating people is considered behing a fascist.

Flame away

THE ISRAELI'S have it right.

you know about the caloric intake they give the pali's?

is it true or not?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

They are already controlling what we eat through the economy.

The healthier food is less available therefor expensive.

If you fall into a certain category of the economic paradigm then your going to have to deal with the problems that come with bad food.

Its a weeding out process.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Nobody supports such and are there any laws on the table proposing such? No. Yet you persist.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree with you. Its very sad.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

The thing is, and i don't mean to be rude here, I want oppress you my way. The republican way.

A great man once said "I have a different constitution. I have a different brain; I have a different heart; I got tiger blood, man." And no one knew what he meant by that. Its unrelated anyway.

Listen, I don't hate the liberal scum, I just want them to not exist.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
It's not okay to legislate what people eat, even though we're kind of already there, the junk food, beef, poultry and fish lobbies are huge and farmers are paid not to grow healthy crops in favor of wheat, corn and sugar.

This is just information, many people don't consider environmental costs when buying food it just never crosses most people's minds... being able to make more informed choices is never a bad thing.

If there comes a time when the government mandates our diets, I'll march with you guys but this... is just another jab at progressives, environmentalists and worst of them all, us evil vegetarians.

Nothing wrong with being a vegetarian.

As long as vegetarians don't take the arrogant attitude of everyone should eat like us, then I don't care if you are vegetarian or not.

I won't force you to eat meat and you don't force me not to - that's what is wrong right now in our society

Progressives tend more than anyone else to hold the "we know what's best for you and you'll do it or we'll force you to do it" attitude than any other group around.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

No one is forcing anything on you. The food pyramid guidelines are just a guide, and its been around for over a hundred years, as has been said in this thread several times.

Good grief!

You can eat whatever you want, this is just a recommendation.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
As other's have said here, when it comes to progressives

they start out as "suggestions" , then become "guidelines", then become "we'll make your .... try and make you do it."

finally they legislate the behavior they want.

That is how it works.

edit on 7Tue, 02 Sep 2014 07:25:31 -0500am90209amk022 by grandmakdw because: to use the space

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Then go to the school board and logically convince them to abandon the federal lunch initiative. Or, pack your kids lunches yourself.

Choice!

Haven't you heard, the food police in the schools are checking home packed lunches to make sure they comply with Michelle's recommendations, and taking away home packed lunches that forget to pack both a vegetable and a fruit, throwing them away and forcing the kids to eat the processed tiny lunches?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join