It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressive/Democrat goal: control your eating based on environmentalism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

…an agricultural economist at Oklahoma State University and author of “The Food Police: A Well-Fed Manifesto about the Politics of Your Plate,” after a new Obama administration appointment of a self-described “environmental nutritionist.”

Lusk said combining healthy eating with climate concerns is part of a “progressive ideology that ‘we know better than you,’ and a willingness to use the federal government to push utopian ideas.”

“It’s not totally ludicrous for the government to evaluate the environmental impacts of what you eat,”
Lusk said. “But to combine these two goes beyond science.

Here it’s asking you to weigh the value of the environment versus nutrition and what price you place on each. It’s not science, it’s values judgment.”

“The DGAC’s shift from diet and nutrition to environmental issues will increase food costs for all Americans at a time when consumers are already struggling with higher prices at the grocery store,”

Do you think Obama and/or the Democrats know what’s best for everyone to eat?

Think Michelle is right and everyone should eat like the lunches the children are tweeting and posting?

Do you trust Pelosi and Reid of Obamacare to write and pass legislation forcing everyone to eat or not eat certain foods and certain amounts or face a penalty?

If you think this is a good thing, tell us why.

This is not a ludacris posting, it is already happening in our schools and in the military and children are eating only 600-800 calories per day when they rely on school meals to feed them for the entire day.

www.theblaze.com...

Don’t worry Dems, this thread won’t last long. The source is one that normally gets zapped into never never land, even if the postings are true and pan out in other places.

edit on 3Mon, 01 Sep 2014 15:08:15 -0500pm90109pmk011 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Im not a obumer fanboy but its ridiculous to see how people in this day and age think whats ok for a meal, everywhere i go i see fat unhealthy kids and adults, too bad educating people is considered behing a fascist.

Flame away

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Yep, the blaze we meet again.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Its not just their idea, this has been going on since the 70's.

Lighten up! Damn!

If you haven't noticed, there are a lot of fatties in this country. Some of whom may need to learn that KFC, and Taco Bell, shouldn't be eaten morning noon and night.

Good grief!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

This is simply more "Progressive" style fascism. They're really good at trying to tell other people what to do and control their lives. Just go to Google and search "Obama hamburger" and you'll see what they want to apply to others doesn't really apply to them.

However you should note if you don't agree and do what they say you get this:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I would say 85-90% of what I consume was grown within 3 hours drive of where I live...

People need to get out... research what you get when you buy from wal mart, or sams... and make sure its not being trucked in from 5 states away after being layered with preservatives, and frozen to truck it in.

I buy from farmers markets, and meat markets that buy from local ranches, I also grow my own vegetables when I can. Funny thing, I pay less for groceries than everyone I know that hits the super market chains.

If it is an option where you live and don't hit up these options your slowly poisoning yourself in my opinion... plus your settling for a worse flavor to your foods.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yes, this thread is indeed ludicrous, on several levels.

First, after reading your link, all I see are guidelines and recommendations - not laws that involve penalties or jail time.

The National Lunch Assistance Program, funded by the Federal government is totally voluntary. Public school systems can totally opt out of the program - it's their choice. Even if they do opt into the program, each parent has the right to send their child to school with a lunch from home.

I read the "Good Food Checklist" (included in your link) that was written by the new Exec Director, and it's stuff like "buy local and seasonal produce, buy fresh and whole foods, plant your own backyard or patio garden, etc." Wow - horrible stuff, huh?

There is nothing wrong with attempting to educate a public that thinks eating boxed mac and cheese is healthy. There is nothing wrong with attempting to educate a public that unsustainable growing practices will only hurt us in the long run with soil that won't grow healthy crops.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Why don't you just eat whatever you want and let the rest of us learn the scientific study and research about what is best for us and for our planet? And then we'll decide for ourselves. OK?

By the way, the government has been making recommendations about what we eat since 1894! It's just now that OBAMA is president that it's become horrible interference of government into our lives, right? LOL

The USDA's first dietary guidelines were published in 1894 by Dr. Wilbur Olin Atwater as a farmers' bulletin.

Source

I don't think Obama and the Democrats know what is best for us, but I think the scientific research being done in this field is VERY valid and I want to know more. If you don't, just don't listen.

Do you trust Pelosi and Reid of Obamacare to write and pass legislation forcing everyone to eat or not eat certain foods and certain amounts or face a penalty?

WTF? A "recommendation" is not force. And no, I don't blindly trust the government. But I want to hear what they have to say.

This is an ad for a so-so probiotic on the market today, but it's got a TON of vital information about what we've been eating all this time. It's EDUCATIONAL to say the least. I recommend everyone watch it! (Thanks to Antebellum)
keybiotic.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

First, after reading your link, all I see are guidelines and recommendations - not laws that involve penalties or jail time.

Ah yes.

It always starts with the old "guidelines and recommendations".

Then progresses to "warnings and strenuous recommendations".

And before you know it.... "regulations and laws and penalties".

Then ....

Obama and anything Obama has a big problem with "credibility".

He simply can't be trusted.

If you like your food guidelines you can keep your food guidelines !

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ya! First the government is recommending food! Then they are suggesting fornication with sheep!

This is how the very fabric of American life falls. We need our guns more than ever.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Ah yes.

It always starts with the old "guidelines and recommendations".

It started with guidelines and recommendations in 1894! How intrusive has it become in the interim? More fast food places than ever before. Sugar is in our food and can be labeled as MANY things. It's everywhere! Our produce is RAMPANT with deadly pesticides. And we're eating the hair of humans in our food... Boy, they've really cracked down on us, huh?
edit on 9/1/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Ha, that's great! I hadn't seen those pictures before. They definitely help justify my hatred for Obama. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So, what!? Are you just saying he started this thread as an excuse to whine about the Obama's??? Whyyy anyone do that, huh!?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It started with guidelines and recommendations in 1894!

Hmmm.

And they *STILL* haven't figured it out yet !!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
As a vegan I hope this brings the prices in my cart down.

Right now I struggle to put healthy food in my cart rather than cheap food like substances.

I understand why you want to make your own choices, lets just stop subsidizing the food that's killing us. That would eliminate added fees to the consumer.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ha, good one! What you said makes a lot of sense, sir. Me and you? We seem to be on the same boat in a cave, if you catch my meaning.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Oh god...

America is FAT and getting FATTER. Local small farms are going under. Factory farming and meat raising is toxic to soil and water as well as having a large contribution to global warming. Americans eat too much meat, poultry and fish and not enough whole grains (some of which are perfect proteins) and for damn sure aren't eating enough vegetables and fruits. This isn't propaganda it's fact, and no one is coming for your burgers.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Why? Why should the government "care" what we eat?

We are fully capable of determining our own nutritional requirements.

Who cares what people eat?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Reports keep coming out about America's obesity problem. Republicans counter with a bill to change a pound to 32 ounces.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You know what? I'm making my own springrolls tonight. They're loaded with vegetables. We spent about one third of our grocery budget in the produce section in order to do this today.

We typically shop like this every week and spend nearly all of our grocery budget on fresh foods and cook it from scratch for ourselves.

Despite this, we carry extra weight.

So now we're looking at them telling us what we can and cannot buy and they will be looking at sending us with carts that will and won't tell us what we should buy on top of that so if I drop a cryo-vac pork loin in my cart the cart will spend the rest of trip yelling at me that I "have too much meat" even though I plan to cut it into pieces and freeze it so it will last me several months or more.

I am sick and tired of this government. I don't care how many other people in the world are fat. I don't care if I'm overweight. They can just butt the eff out of my life and leave me alone. I'll shop and cook as I like.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Then don't follow it.

Good lord, if this is what the right is going to complain about this election cycle?

This is going to be the funniest election in years!

I can see the commercials now, giant tub of lard mowing down on a triple cheeseburger complaining about the food pyramid.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join