It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola: The next weapon of mass destruction?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

u mean like plumbing is engineered not too leak.

or traffic lights say STOP.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

My toilet isn't flushing properly and I am absolutely positive that a govt is behind it!

ONLY IN cOMMUNIST COUNTRIES

Otherwise see your Landlord,,,

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

u mean like plumbing is engineered not too leak.

or traffic lights say STOP.

I guess a guy who cant type the word you and does not know where question marks go is probably not the right guy to ask.

edit on 1-9-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

u r nvr mnd.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
There's another post on here pretty similar to this. Apparently a laptop was found that was from ISIS and had information on Bio-terrorism/warfare.

If they release it here, we'll have a lot of people coming to our aid, I think. Because of the rules of Geneva.

The way that things seem, it could definitely be used as a weapon. But I wouldn't think too far into it.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The only problem with bio-terrorism is that anything you release into your enemies environment is likely to be brought back into your environment through the migration of people, animals, genetic mutations, cross-species interactions.

Release something that kills people, then stray animals eat the corpses, fleas, ticks, mites on those animals get infected too, they jump from animal to animal, the infection region spreads as the animals migrate. Perhaps as fast as three miles/day if not more if animals hop a lift on vehicles. I've seen pigeons and crows take train rides.

Anything targeted at specific ethnic groups always runs the risk of genetic mutation of those genes.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
Of course the premise of this discussion is that 'IS' leaders don't think about sensible self-preservation issues like that.
I am of the opinion that even the most psycho tyrant leaders in the world are sensible enough to avoid a course of action which creates a real risk of death to themselves and their supporters, but hey, what do I know, perhaps I should watch Fox news a bit more and I'll start thinking differently.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

sensible self-preservation issues ,,,, really?,,ohhh u said leaders,,, my mistake.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: stormcell
Of course the premise of this discussion is that 'IS' leaders don't think about sensible self-preservation issues like that.
I am of the opinion that even the most psycho tyrant leaders in the world are sensible enough to avoid a course of action which creates a real risk of death to themselves and their supporters, but hey, what do I know, perhaps I should watch Fox news a bit more and I'll start thinking differently.

I dunno. I was watching a documentary and Plum Island was brought up, and how people think that Lyme Disease was created. That can kill people.

Bio-terrorism wouldn't be the smartest thing in the world, but given some of the things happening recently, it could be a possibility. I don't blame people for thinking that it could happen, especially after 'finding' the 'Isis' laptop.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome
What are you trying to say?
'IS' has people who lead and encourage members to do horrible things.
Those same 'leaders' will of course have self preservation thoughts as anyone else has.
Which bit of that are you disagreeing, or agreeing with?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

How much ya wanna bet this is supposed to take the heat off the USA's Ebola research in West Africa? You know, where an Ebola epidemic is raging as we speak? And it started at the research lab. You know, the one where USAMRIID works with the rest of the VHFC partners?

edit on 1/9/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
There are political forces trying to bring about Armageddon/the Apocalypse....

And they don't care if they die because they are convinced they will be "raptured"

raptureready.com...
edit on 1-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thankfully these are not the people in charge of anything.

Presidents are not people of faith...they are religious in that they religiously use religion to accomplish their ends. Same goes for pretty much all our leaders.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
It would make an interesting movie plot, but the possibility of it actually happening does not worry me.
The virus is clearly not racist based on the varying victims to date, so why would 'IS' or anyone else spread a weapon they cannot actually control?
I'm pretty sure nobody in 'IS' or any other group would want to risk their own loved ones catching it, as much as they would like us 'white devils' to be dead.

As I said, interesting thoughts OP, but I think it as likely to happen as 'IS' gaining a stronghold in Catholic Mexico.

Because in their mind, any non-Muslims dieing would be perfectly acceptable, and any Muslims dieing would be of to heaven as martyrs, and therefore justified.

IS have a very twisted version of islam going on, and by their very nature they will attract like minded people.

i don't think many typical Muslims, no matter how much they may wish their religion to prosper would perform an act such as this. But IS are not typical Muslims

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Look, like I said in my OP... when you read the story it has the feel and tone of anti Israeli propaganda.
yet with that said I do not like the way the authors have dropped some very strong hints as to how easy it would be to use the Ebola strain as a weapon.

Now lets forget about any organized groups and picture that real nut job out there who reads this and thinks to himself,
"Hey... I could that... I'll be famous too...people will remember my name throughout history!"

We all know there are lots of fruitcakes out there that think like that---we read about them in the papers almost every day. And they come from all walks of life.

I mean what if some Wack-O KKK member reads this and thinks this really is a genetically engineered virus that only attacks black folks and he goes and gets himself infected so he can really damage the blackies back home!

Like I said in my OP this one worries me because it can put very dangerous ideas in the wrong peoples minds.

edit on 2-9-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have no idea how truthful or otherwise the OP article is,but people have tried to create "race specific"bio weapons before.
As far as I have read about the matter,they have not been able to achieve their aims(so far)for some technical reasons.
Look at DR David Kelly and the South African Aphartheid regime as an example.
The same DR-the one "suicided" before Iraq War 2.0,has also been linked to supposed Israeli attempts to create arab targeting bio weapons-although the whole thing has a feel of misinfo/disinfo about it to me.

Its unlikley IMHO,that any info you can read on the public internet on such a subject is accurate,as the sort of evil which actually does this type of thing exist in absolute darkness-and we will never see their shadows,let alone their names.
edit on 2/9/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/9/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

The problem with the idea of Arab specific diseases is that some Arabs and some Israelis are so similar genetically that how would you accurately distinguish one from another to target?

I can see how Russian Jews that moved to Israel, for instance, might be a bit different, but those Jews who lived there all along, or whose ancestors were not long removed from the area would be indistinguishable.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

The possibility of racially targeted diseases is a myth. Everything mutates and evolves - even if a disease started out with that kind of specificity, it would quickly evolve to infect everyone. So how dumb is that?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow
Hi Sofi, not to be arguementative, (from the just sayin file )
there are three times the blacks in jail then whites in heavily fluoridated areas of the US and the CDC whistleblower claims they hid the data showing blacks are more susceptible to autisms from vaccines then whites....

so there are some concerns for racial targeting health weapons

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I can't think of a stupider decision to make, unleashing a bio-weapon on your doorstep. Even the Jews in Israel are not that stupid, they look after their own kind which is commendable, you wouldn't go for a dump on your own front door step either!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join