It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I shouldn't drunk when I post...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Please don't follow!

Trying my best not to, Char-Lee.

I guess I could, no I should raise above my best and not follow in my fathers footsteps even though our path or poison I should say is different.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
No trinking and dyping for me, especially when nissed as a pewt. Having those small keyboards and autoword guessing feature on smartphones is hard enough, though the results can be really funny. But for hilarity, I'd recommend the camera translation lens which attempts to convert snippets of text into a foreign language.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: Char-Lee

Please don't follow!

Trying my best not to, Char-Lee.

I guess I could, no I should raise above my best and not follow in my fathers footsteps even though our path or poison I should say is different.

My brothers also, he started drugs in Vietnam and the alcohol, but it was inevitable that if he started he would not be able to stop. he was a contractor who built million plus dollar homes and had everything 6'2" really great looking blond blue eyed. he hurt everyone and hurt himself into the grave and I know he didn't want to, as like my Father he was a wonderful man who everyone loved.
If you have the genetic alcohol problem you need to get help and stop before it is too late, a person cannot do it alone I know I saw them try. My father stopped drinking for several months before he died, and our lives were so different so happy, and then him and my Mother went out to buy x-mas gifts on Christmas Eve and he never came home again. He got so drunk he died from suffocation, choked to death, due to severe intoxication. He threw away our lives and my brother was 12.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
While true alcoholism is a tragedy (although one gets various types, some of whom are never visibly "drunk"), I think some people also do some of their best conceptual work and come out of their shells with some alcohol.

I've noticed that many of my old party buddies no longer want to go out (they don't want to drive or have kids at home) and my planned drinking nights would often be very lonely without ATS.
There are pubs I could walk to, but the crowds are too young, and with the crime situation walking about at night isn't safe.

Coming to ATS is actually one of the safest places to be.
The relative anonymity means that the worst that can happen is having posts banned or threads trashed, which really shouldn't happen that much if one retains a sense of civility.

It's also not good waking up and suddenly remembering one just posted favorite Third Reich marching songs on Facebook (even if the politics are ridiculous, the music does get better with every sip).
One can delete them, but if they've been up for a couple of hours one can expect a few friends less.
Another one is posting "sympathetic" or chatty messages to all kinds of celebrities, although luckily they never reply (so far).

Cheers!
edit on 2-9-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join