It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Accosted by British journalist in hallway asks questions about the south-east of Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: Whereismypassword

which makes me realize there is not a darn thing wrong with Mr. Putin's english,,

You know sir.. or madame I had that feeling also , i think he knew a lot of the things that was said in English

Putin speaks perfect English, have you guys not heard him talk before? He is not sheepish, he is annoyed/irritated by being cornered by a journalist in an unprofessional manner despite the good questions he asked. Hence why he showed him no respect and spoke in Russian.

I have no qualms with him speaking Russian, no i have not heard him speak English before i did think he looked sheepish and the reporters stare seemed to heap untold pressure on him, but this is just my opinion. when people give orders that effect other peoples lives, 'official' ( as in qualified media) should have the right to stop him and ask a question on the fly maybe this time we got a truthful answer ( or at least his version of it). if i was the president of Russia i would have a translator , a few extra seconds thinking time in situations like these would be invaluable.

I think the reporter had ahold of Putin, this is why i posted the clip , every time i see Putin he is Resolute, stoney and steadfast .. here i got a different vibe. Putin had to lower his eyes on more than one occasion and as a poster said above me .. look up body language

Q
edit on 1/9/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
His down looking looked more as trying to think and giving the right answers. Unprepared and ambushed like that it`s very easy to say something wrong and he seems to be fully aware of that, so he takes time to think.

His body language shows he believes what he`s saying (this is not me saying he`s right).

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Putin had to lower his eyes on more than one occasion

unless you are of a different culture,,Putin had to lower his eyes on more than one occasion,,so??
its called thinking or being polite.
i dont see the relevance,,,

unless you are of a different culture.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

unless you are of a different culture,,Putin had to lower his eyes on more than one occasion,,so??

Not looking into someone's eyes is a sign of nervousness, and/or lying.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catacomb

It`s easy to get distracted looking in someones eyes...

or maybe he was afraid to fall in love with him, it happens looking too long in someones eyes.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

ahhh the true Abyss.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catacomb

It is also a sign of distraction, feeling shameful or embarrassed, or thought. Looking down can indicate analytical thought. No single factor of body language can tell you something...it is the combination of body language factors.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Catacomb

If your 10.

the man was a KGB agent for God's sake.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

If your 10.

the man was a KGB agent for God's sake.

Maybe he missed the 'ambushed by a reporter whilst on the brink of war' lesson

i also got the vibe that he was trying to lock eyes and out stare , its a male thing and a technique whilst negotiating or haggling with someone, but just didn't manage it on a couple of occasions although i feel he attempted to.

posters are correct though not one sign is ever 100% telling.
edit on 1/9/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
That clip is about as close to the truth you can get . Thanks for sharing
a reply to: deckdel

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

because the moment is more fullfilling.
its a male thing.
Intel-lectually,,u gotta be on the edge, ride the wave.
Control of ones enviroment using all methods,,,its a male thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyGoo
I don't know why he just can't talk in english when he's talking to another english speaking person, it's not like this was a rehearsed press release or something. Just seems kinda silly to me when his english is more than adequate, makes him look like he's hiding behind his interpreter, unless it's a tactic to give him some kind of firewall between what he's saying.

Words can have indirect meanings; "encirclement" or should that be enspherement?) is the counteraction of "spheres of influence"

I've seen people ask for "references to help them get up to speed with a particular topic and find a job". Do they mean references for a job or references for articles?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks for the video I enjoyed it (as much as one can about these subjects) lots of things clicked for me, Biden son head of gas company in Ukraine thread.

I also think Snowden will go down in history as a Hero...eventually...
This is an old video lots has happened since then also their is a big thread here showing how RT is a massive propaganda machine itself and all his videos are from their, and when i read the IMF thing a while ago the 17m loan... it was death by economy , cant pay the debt lose natural resources etc etc .. click click

Don't confuse me saying these things with believing any one side at the moment I am just tossing about everything that's clicking after watching the video.

and ty for the watch

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Looking down when speaking with someone also gives the receiver respect, especially in cultures where looking someone in the eye is considered dominating, or threatening.
Putin is giving the reporter respect, even though he may not deserve it, as ambushing people for interviews is generally obnoxious in political realms.

Many people may not like Putin, but he makes our politicians look like idiots! He can answer questions on the fly, sits through hours-long interview sessions live on public tv (without a teleprompter, imagine that), and is generally a good statesman.

And the last thing Putin has to worry about is looking weak!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

As long as threads like this are ignoring the things that US government does such as financing Kiev Junta revolution.

Things will be exactly where they are.

Nowhere.
And on and on it goes, till one day nukes fly and we all die.
At least Aliens will have a nice laugh, stupid humans, look at them burn

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Pretty poor how we can allow a media personality to get within 1 meter of this superpower leader!

when would Bush, Cheney, Blair or anyone have allowed such a direct question, on camera by surprise?

He obviously knows English well enough to answer, look at the way he smiles at his interpreter!

Bad move by the west, pushing this interview like question.. poor form indeed! expect a response where you will crap your pants and cower behind your security!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Putin did fine.

The reporter's question was an ambush of the "When did you stop beating your wife?" style. Putin handled it by responding on a broader more inclusive spectrum of what is happening.

The only person who doesn't regret the killing going on in the Ukraine is Yulia Timoshenko, who has said that she would like to kill all ethnic Russians in Ukraine, with nuclear weapons no less.

edit on 2-9-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yeah I have heard that mate,she's mad like a lot in the far right parties in Ukraine

They breed evil soulless monsters and we have sided with these while our grandparents and great grandparents went to war to put a stop to them

Crazy world,where money always comes 1st

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well done Putin, another journalist runs away with his tail between his legs

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Putin speaks perfect English, have you guys not heard him talk before?

No, Putin doesn't speak "perfect" English. Afaik he learned German in his school, English he may know decent too, but far from perfect.

Listen how he is singing
youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join