It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donetsk, Lugansk Republics ready to remain part of Ukraine, seek special status

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well it seems as though the separatists still want to be part of Ukraine, but only want some things to be noticed by the Ukraine gov't.

At talks in the Belarusian capital, the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics have urged Kiev to acknowledge their autonomy within Ukraine, but said they wish to remain an integral part of the country.

LNR and DNR representatives called on the Ukrainian government to end their military operation in the country’s east so that parliamentary and local elections can take place freely.

“The president, government and [parliament] Verkhovna Rada should accept… decrees granting immediate recovery from the humanitarian catastrophe, acknowledging the special status of the territories under the control of the People’s Republics, creating conditions - first of all stopping the ‘anti-terror’ operations - for free elections of local authorities and MPs,” the document with the republics' position reads.

The document also calls on Kiev to guarantee “the right to use the Russian language at an official level on the territories of the People’s Republics.”

rt.com...

Well this seems to put a hole in the theory that the residents in the East of Ukraine do not want to be part of Ukraine. So it looks as though the separatists see this as a way out of a situation they cannot win.

And yes I used RT as the source, because as I have said before RT does have gems every once in a while.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Something tells me u are going to be alone in this thread. Using a Russian source that undermines the argument of some on this site - awesome.

Ive always wondered why people in the east and south did not bother assisting the rebels.

As for elections, should they occur international monitors, real ones, must be used so Russia can't rig this vote.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Made the same thread earlier & had the same amount of activity too...
Seems unless there is anti-Russian sentiment people don't want to know about Ukraine!!!

It's a shame really!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
They first wanted to join Russia, but Russia didn`t wanted that.

So they have changed their minds it seems now (it could be for longer maybe, but Kiev didn`t wanted to speak with them).

Good for them they have some sense of realization, if only Kiev now also gets it. It can be solved in a decent manner with both sides willing.

Problem is the East being the rich/industrial part and the shale gas location. The East being great deal autonomous is not so good for the rest of the Ukraine because of that.
edit on 1-9-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hilarious the inactivity in this thread. All the usual talking heads are missing.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Hilarious the inactivity in this thread. All the usual talking heads are missing.

Like Russian forces in Ukraine, they deny this thread exists and the info is propaganda.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Let's hope negoations continue and Russia respects Ukraine's sovereignty.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I am surprised, because I even used their favorite source RT.

They won't come here because it proves that they were wrong about how so many in the East wanted to become part of Russia, and now we see they don't. For them that's a hard pill to swallow.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

What exactly is wrong with this ??????????????????????????

Now that Eastern Ukrainians have proven to be able to dish it out. They demand respect.

It is how peace is made.

But of course there won't be peace, because Washington will tell their puppet government in Kiev to make no deals.

War is coming to Europe

And war is coming to United States shores.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Let me tell you a little secret about Pro Russian posters on ATS

They are not paid, unlike some, and can't be on ATS 24/7

For example, I am now going to bed, leaving you to spout whatever you want.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BaconNeggs2

Now that Eastern Ukrainians have proven to be able to dish it out. They demand respect.

It is how peace is made.

But of course there won't be peace, because Washington will tell their puppet government in Kiev to make no deals.

War is coming to Europe

Is Mexico invading? Russia surely isn't. Rebels were about to surrender until Russia sent them more soldiers and weapons.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Let me tell you a little secret about Pro Russian posters on ATS

They are not paid, unlike some, and can't be on ATS 24/7

For example, I am now going to bed, leaving you to spout whatever you want.

that means you guys have been awake since the thread was made ... and avoided it.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Perhaps theres NO activity in this thread because anyone who has been following this from the beginning, understands this is what Novorussiya wanted from the start. . .

I don't understand why the OP & a few members want to make a fuss over this. As stated earlier - Anyone who has been following from the beginning knows this is what the ukie 'rebels' wanted since the start of this U.S. backed regime change. . .

Russia never wanted parts of Ukraine. OR else there would have been a major deployment of Russian military personnel/equipment. Whats happening now is NOT even close to an 'invasion' (storming Normandy beach - thats an invasion lol).

So this thread in essence is another failed thread or baiting thread from the Russophobes. Nice try but late to the party

edit on 2-9-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: grammar

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It is how peace is made.

War is coming to Europe

Glad to hear how "peaceful" you are, nice to see your true colors. Sorry to disappoint, but as long as Russia keeps it's Troops, weapons ect out of Ukraine, I think the Ukrainians will solve this themselves. Must gall you that even your own side in Ukraine still wants to be part of that nation and not Russia. It seems only one party in this dance wants to flex their muscles showing how powerful they are. Take a guess who that is?

Let Ukrainians negotiate and reach an agreement.
Sorry no Novorossiya for you.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

I don't understand why the OP & a few members want to make a fuss over this. As stated earlier - Anyone who has been following from the beginning knows this is what the ukie 'rebels' wanted since the start of this U.S. backed regime change. . .

Well as someone who has been following this from the beginning, the fuss is the fact that Russia was the one that caused this conflict by invading Crimea, but I guess you are okay with that?

As for who actually caused this...Does a corrupt president that is in the pocket of Russia not deserve most, if not all the responsibility for this conflict?

Or does Putin not play a role in this when he gave Yanukovich an ultimatum of go the EU route and loose Russia's support, or don't go and we will sell you gas cheap and have your back when needed?

Also care to provide evidence that the US was behind this?

Russia never wanted parts of Ukraine. OR else there would have been a major deployment of Russian military personnel/equipment. Whats happening now is NOT even close to an 'invasion' (storming Normandy beach - thats an invasion lol).

So Crimea wasn't part of Ukraine, because last time I checked it was before Putin invaded...lied about it...then had to tell the truth that he sent armed troops into Crimea.

So yes that was an invasion, because it doesn't matter if it's 1000 or 10,000 troops once you step into a sovereign country with the intent on annexing part of that country it's called an invasion.

Russia never wanted parts of Ukraine. OR else there would have been a major deployment of Russian military personnel/equipment.

Just in case you haven't looked at a map latey...Crimea was part of Ukraine before the Putin invasion.

So this thread in essence is another failed thread or baiting thread from the Russophobes. Nice try but late to the PARTY

Well then RT is a failure as they are the source.

As for baiting how am I doing that, as I just posted what I found, but feel free to show me this?

And I have to say thanks, because you just proved that no source is good enough for some of the pro Russian crowd.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Video of Russian army in Ukraine on Sept 2 moving from Luhansk to Krasnodon.

top topics

join