It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Iranian Regime as Dangerous as Hitler

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
"Had Hitler been able to acquire a nuclear bomb... the entire situation at that time would have changed with respect to peace and security in the world. And in that sense, I think that the danger and the threat posed by the Iranian regime is no less than that," Safavi told a press conference in London."

www.spacedaily.com...

This article talks about Irans "Secret" missile development with two components. The first a 3000 meter range nuclear capable missile and the second a ultra precise short range missile specifically designed to hit US troops in Iraq. These missiles were developed with the help of N Korea and CHINA. Development started long before the recent controversy with Iranian nuke issues. The world must stop the birth of an "Islamic Hitler" and the horrors that would follow.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I totally have to present a Godwin Award right off the bat. Just trying to be poignant.

Yes, I know nuclear weapons in the hands of the Iranian government is probably not a good thing, but seriously, this Hitler business was already pass� about three decades ago.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I may get a warning for a one liner, but DrHoracid, kid, I have yet to read a more ridiculous thread, totaly amusing.

Its gonna be 2 lines! Actually the US is as worse as Hitler was almost as amusing.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Nope, sorry, I just don't believe it, now that we have been "warned."

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It is good to know that one of the worse butchers of human history is now "Passe". That the insanity that his name now represents is also "passe". For those whom slept through history class the point is at a time when the world told Germany it could not have a military, Hitler built a hugh Army and developed tremendous weaponry completely in "secret" in underground facilities. The first the world realise he had "lied" was when he invaded Poland. The current UN is about as effective as the League if Nations was then.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hey, look, Hussein is Hitler! Hold the heck on, Bush is Hitler! No! Wait! We have a new Hitler now in the NCRI and the MEK!

Hold on, now, North Korea and China are helping them with their missiles, can they be Hitler, too.
Bill Clinton sold missile and nuke secrets to China, so can Bubba at least get honorable mention?

This is a bad scene, no doubt, but Majic is dead-on when he says Hitler-ism is WAY passe (Yo! How do you do the accent mark over the e thing?).

Eveil can be called that without being likened to Hitler. I know it's tempting, as often as every pundit from the left all the way to the screaming right kicks the dead guy in the gonads, but we should let him go now.

Hey, How about Stalin? He killed more than Hitler, let's kick that dead horse for a while. Nobody ever kicks him.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Pick a name for evil, Yes, Hitler - Stalin - Pol Pot (sp). The same build up of weapons and tyrany is there. Iran has said over and over that it WILL annihilate Israel when it is capable. Is that "Hitler" enough? Evil should never become "passe". I agree the name is overused. But in this case the article makes a valid point on several levels.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
It is good to know that one of the worse butchers of human history is now "Passe".

Thanks for making my point. The real Nazis were more animal than human. Indeed, I am ashamed to be named to the same species as them, because I don't want to think I am capable of such evil -- though I suppose all of us ultimately are.

The real Nazis butchered, raped, machinegunned, gassed, hanged, burned and tortured to death millions of people.

How dare you minimize their evil by comparing a few mullahs to these demons.

Don't take that personally, but seriously, why is it so damn fashionable to compare every evil thing to Nazis? For all the bad things the Islamic Government of Iran has done, it's not even in the same ballpark yet.

Sorry to come across so stridently, but the implication that I don't understand what the problem is here is painfully insulting.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I agree the name is overused.
But in this case the article makes a
valid point on several levels.

The article does indeed make some very good and
valid points.

I have to agree with the previous posters (and you) ...
the comparison to Hitler that comes out all the time is
VERY OLD. Bush is worse than Hitler, Saddam is worse
than Hitler, Iran is worse than Hitler .... after a while,
it just numbs a person to the reference and when the
title is read ... people just

Evil is evil. Let's just call evil what it is .. EVIL. It's real
and the greatest weapon evil has is making people
think that it doesn't exhist. That's a very good war tactic.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Iran is currently, by many accounts, working to develope nukes and missiles to deliver them. I would rather make "passe" comparisons than allow another "holocost" to happen. Yes - NAZI's are the poster boys for EVIL. I would like to leave it that way and not replace them with Iranian "Clerics". That is the whole point here.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Please don't think for a moment that I am a supporter of the government of Iran, for reasons that I hope should be obvious.

My criticism is directed at the whole "_____ is as bad as Hitler" gimmick. That's really all I am taking exception to here, but I hope you can understand why.

Every such comparison dulls the memory of the absolute evil with which it is compared.

Putting all that aside, I am looking forward to a change in government in Iran, and am expecting it to take place sooner rather than later.

I don't think there will be many people who will be unhappy about that!

I won't deny that Iran has the potential to give the Nazis a run for their money, but it is unlikely they will get the chance. The U.S. is already on the case.

Also, please forgive what amounts to chest beating on my part regarding Nazis. Sometimes I can go overboard on that subject, and apologize for getting out of hand.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Doubtful that Hitler would have used Nuclear Weapons. He was very sensitive towards B and C Weapons after he had been wounded in WW1. So i guess A would not have been an option. Besides: You cannot colonize what you nuked.
But Back to Topic:
Iran is not as dangerous as the Nazis were. Iran is a 3rd World Country,germany was one of the most powerful states back then.
But hey aren�t we all a little Hitler?

The current Regime in Iran is dangerous but invading them would only win more people for Al Quaida.
Besides. The US has not the manpower right now and the EU armies are restructuring and those that are ready won�t go without UN Decision.
Those that would, have had political setbacks because of Operation Iraqi Freedom and would think twice.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsuribito
Doubtful that Hitler would have used Nuclear Weapons. He was very sensitive towards B and C Weapons after he had been wounded in WW1. So i guess A would not have been an option. Besides: You cannot colonize what you nuked.
But Back to Topic:
Iran is not as dangerous as the Nazis were. Iran is a 3rd World Country,germany was one of the most powerful states back then.
But hey aren�t we all a little Hitler?

The current Regime in Iran is dangerous but invading them would only win more people for Al Quaida.
Besides. The US has not the manpower right now and the EU armies are restructuring and those that are ready won�t go without UN Decision.
Those that would, have had political setbacks because of Operation Iraqi Freedom and would think twice.

Sorry I must strongly disagree here. There is significant data that suggest Hitler would have used nukes everywhere he could have to "win" the war. There were at least 3 delivery systems under development, Missiles, bombers, and hyperplanes.

I also take strong exception to "But hey aren�t we all a little Hitler?
"

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Iran is now a destablizing factor in an area that can drag us all down.

Were they to launch and Israel knew they were launching, they'd launch.

As a matter of fact, I'm really wondering why Israel hasn't already messed up the Iranian nuclear project.

Sure, Iran is a po-dunk country, but no good can come of this.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Wow.. impressive cross-thread reference.

Anyway, Iran may be aggressive and they may be Muslim, and they may not be our friend, but seriously.

They mainly want to be seen as an equal to the US (and other nations).
Building nukes is simply a misguided step towards that goal.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Wow.. impressive cross-thread reference.

Anyway, Iran may be aggressive and they may be Muslim, and they may not be our friend, but seriously.

They mainly want to be seen as an equal to the US (and other nations).
Building nukes is simply a misguided step towards that goal.

Do not under estimate Irans reasoning here. It is to annialate JEWS. To dive JEWS out of "the holyland". America has helped Israel and therefore America must also DIE.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Do not under estimate Irans reasoning here. It is to annialate JEWS. To dive JEWS out of "the holyland". America has helped Israel and therefore America must also DIE.

Where did you get that rubbish from, just how many Iranians have you spoken too and how much time have you spent in Iran?

As for Iranians being "aggressive" where did that idea come from, they are no more aggressive than any ohter nations population in the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The real Nazis butchered, raped, machinegunned, gassed, hanged, burned and tortured to death millions of people.

Exactly what Saddam did to hundreds of thousands ... estimates
do go up to one million. If left to do his evil he probably would have
reached into the millions. Thankfully, his death numbers won't go
up any higher.

Perhaps we should have a scale of evil or something.
Kinda like the terrorist alert thing? Give a color code
and an example for people to use to compare.

Red Zone - top evil - Hitler
Orange Zone - very evil - Saddam and the nut in N. Korea (his name?)
Yellow Zone - evil - UBL, Timothy McVeigh??
Green Zone - very bad - Serial Killers
Blue Zone - bad - Scott Peterson

Yep ... another color coded chart. This way the Hitler reference
won't be so over used and it won't numb us to that level of evil
being referenced.

What do ya'll think?
(I know it's hard to judge evil levels,
I'm just sorta being silly here)

[edit on 12/6/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Where did you get that rubbish from, just how many Iranians have you spoken too and how much time have you spent in Iran?

As for Iranians being "aggressive" where did that idea come from, they are no more aggressive than any ohter nations population in the world.

www.csmonitor.com...
www.worldnetdaily.com...
www.canoe.ca...

It this enough there are hundereds of them.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I do not see anything there that shows the majority of the poulace supporting this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join