It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can have my Uzi when you pry it from my cute widdle fingers...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

OP, I can give you an actual answer to your question.

Never.

The pro gun movement cannot afford to give an inch. The anti gun lobby will settle for small victories for the time being, but make no mistake, the goal is a gun free populace.

I know most Americans aren't for total disarmament, but the hardcore anti gun zealots are. Therefore the pro gun movement must never say enough is enough. We're forced to occupy extreme positions in order to maintain our right. Most gun owners wouldn't mind some common sense regulations. But if you give an inch.......Australia and England.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: robobbob

Well, perhaps you didn't know that there have been and continue to be children who are taught at an early age to have respect for guns/rifles and how to properly use it.

If the uzi relly was a full-auto, then that was stupid. Just like you don't give a 9 year old a shutgun to hunt because it has too much of a kickback for the child to be able to control it.

I was 9....First gun I ever shot was a 12 gauge when I was 9. Knocked me off the bench I was sitting on when I shot it.

It also taught me immediate respect for the power and destructive capacity of firearms.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Theres 4 types of gun people in the USA:

Those who like guns next to their bed for defense
Those who like safe gun safety and for defense but keep them out of sight in a cabinet (perhaps those with kids)
Those who just like them at the range, target shooting
And simply those who dislike all guns

Id be the first one and with kids the second one mostly (but with a gun cab AS a bedside table). I wouldnt mind a target rifle but i wouldnt keep it at home because its useless unless your can pinking somewhere

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This case has NOTHING to do with the 2nd Amendment, Pro-gun lobby, or anything else related to our right to bear arms. The instructor was a f****** idiot to even let this little girl attempt to fire this weapon and the little girl's parents should also be charged with child endangerment!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Looks like you fell for that fake video of the little girl firing an airsoft uzi.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Theres 4 types of gun people in the USA:

Those who like guns next to their bed for defense
Those who like safe gun safety and for defense but keep them out of sight in a cabinet (perhaps those with kids)
Those who just like them at the range, target shooting
And simply those who dislike all guns

What about
-those that hunt game
-ranchers that need to protect livestock from predators.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Don't forget those who simply trade, refurbish and or collect.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I know the Iranians got their Uzis right from the horse's mouth...
Israel
and they seem to like them

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The parents and the location at which the incident happened needs to be held accountable for giving a child of that age such a weapon

Really I think there needs to me laws in place to protect children from stupidness like this..

purp..

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Freedom comes with a price.

You can't outlaw stupid.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'd find the instructor and the Mom and Dad ALL guilty of child negligent homicide.

The parents were Stupid for letting this child take such a course - the instructor should have Refused to teach this to a 9 year old.

No, it's not enough a girl was needlessly killed - these people need jail time.

You may say no because it's enough that a kid died and that's punishment enough. Nope, put em all behind bars to let others know this behavior is a Criminal offense and put the risk and weight on the responsible parties. People tend to think twice if there is jail time involved, over and above the consequences of killing someone. If it takes multiple threats to make someone think twice before doing something stupid, then so be it.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
I'd find the instructor and the Mom and Dad ALL guilty of child negligent homicide.

The parents were Stupid for letting this child take such a course - the instructor should have Refused to teach this to a 9 year old.

No, it's not enough a girl was needlessly killed - these people need jail time.

You may say no because it's enough that a kid died and that's punishment enough. Nope, put em all behind bars to let others know this behavior is a Criminal offense and put the risk and weight on the responsible parties. People tend to think twice if there is jail time involved, over and above the consequences of killing someone. If it takes multiple threats to make someone think twice before doing something stupid, then so be it.

No little girl was killed.

Furthermore, upon further research, it's looking like this whole thing was a HOAX from the anti-gun lobby.

Listen to the gun in the video. It's an airsoft!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

I don't think you're looking at the bigger picture.

the pro-gun lobby and the anti-gun lobby can't afford to give an inch, because they can't afford to take an inch.

it's a symptom of wider-spread congressional gridlock.

Ideally I'd get rid of silly things like the assault weapons ban in it's present form, and focus attention on legislation regarding handguns, and handgun sales, not banning them outright, but tightening restrictions on that particular class of firearm.

many of the pro-gun zealots aren't even congresspeople, just knee-jerk activists who have a congressperson's ear, and/or make up a significant part of their constituency.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join