It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Deserves a Star?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

That's true I meant reading. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

My son occasionally looks at my ATS screen, he likes your monkey avatar, he just seen it now and said ''hey, the monkey'', it is sort of cute funny.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Dingo80

I usually star people that either I agree with, are a worthy debating advisary, have started an interesting thread themselves, or any contributions to threads I've started...

People's avatar doesn't really matter IMO...

Can't speak for others though!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

When I first saw his avatar I thought he was spanking his monkey, then I looked again. I realized this was from a hidden cam in a cat wash. That is a very busy monkey.

Besides I don't star anyone only myself.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
My avatar is "Evven" (Evven #7) He is the 6th Weimaraner and 7th overall canine that I've been able to talk into adopting Me. I also have an AffensPinscher named "MagWai" MagWai is a "hermaphrodite" and currently is taking on a 'male' role because 'Evven' just turned 4 months and Mag is providing a "Male" role model.

When I adopted Mag 'He' was on 'His' way to "The Shelter" He was "turned in" because He would lift His leg as if to pee, but nothing came out. When I took Mag to get 'fixed' it was then discovered that Mag had both genitalia.

If/When I get a pic of "Mag" please don't point any fingers (cursor) "He" is just trying to get along...

What is the function of the 'Star' ? One thread doesn't have any 'stars'? If the 'star' ends up being a "positive" then please 'Take Mine', if the 'star' is "non-positive" then please "Leave Yours"...

namaste

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I star posts i agree with or are interesting, the avatar pic has no relevance.

Same goes for flags, if the thread is good, interesting, informative or simply funny - yup they get a flag to make others aware of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Sorry I am guilty for starring avatars. Sometimes its because they bring a smile to my face as I am reading a sad post, other times because i enjoy then self expression some avatars have.
edit on E14America/Chicago09079 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Besides I don't star anyone only myself.

Must be a hard thing to do

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

So does a squirrel with a superman suit.
Seriously though...if people are doing it for stars and flags,they might be doing it wrong.
Quality over quantity.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think an avatar pic helps people remember you and they star people that they tend to agree with. This website is just like high school, it's a popularity contest. Why else would someone get a star for quoting another post and saying only "yeah" ?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
what was the question again

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I can never see avatars. Never had them show up ever. So I only give stars for content.
BTW where does it show up and do we have to turn on that feature?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I think an avatar pic helps people remember you and they star people that they tend to agree with. This website is just like high school, it's a popularity contest. Why else would someone get a star for quoting another post and saying only "yeah" ?

I can see one star for "yeah" because that would be the person he was agreeing with, but two stars would make no sense.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I don't give out stars freely. People have to earn them and their avatar has no bearing in that. How do ya'll like my new avatar, BTW?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
I don't give out stars freely. People have to earn them and their avatar has no bearing in that. How do ya'll like my new avatar, BTW?

I noticed it yesterday and was admiring it.

Who's the artist?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Dingo80

Sorry I didnt read. I was too busy starring those adorable dingoes.

What?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I strongly suspect the answer is: Yes

You'll be able to tell shortly.

Now ... would'ja look at that ... dingos and monkeys. LOL

Stars and flags are only important if you are of a weak mind..

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The star count doesn't matter. The system is broken. The Karma is broken and so is WATS. It's a glitch. So don't worry about getting stars or not. Post for truth and for education and for transparency ... etc etc ... not for stars.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I am saving my stars to turn them in on a new car, and my flags are for retirement.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I will say, unfortunately, there are a lot of star whores on this site, look at that monkey boy for instance, and his classic response to this OP! Not trying to pick on him, but it is what it is.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join