It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grocery aisle rage!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
None of this matters. It is your ego high gear, comparing, judging, complaining, whining and feeling victimized all because these things previously listed help it create itself, give it, the illusion of separateness from the one. (Not just you OP, everyone does this) The ego loves to tell stories. Just let it amuse you and realize that the ego is not the real you, you are stillness. This is all just a game you were playing, remember?
edit on 1-9-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: IS

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Ten thousand years ago we men served our women and children as hunter-gatherers. Ten millennia later we still do on occasion. Only these days surviving the the cave bears, sabertooths and mastodons has evolved into suffering women's social hour middle of the aisle, dodging a child vomit clean-up on aisle 9, and visibly aging while going through the express checkout lane. Embrace the hunter-gatherer within!

edit on PMp02201430162014-09-01T14:16:59-05:00J2014America/Chicago by AphoticJoe because: a hyphen or two

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Sound like someone has been watching "old man Harry" on YT...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Dude -

Anger Management right away.

1) If you hate shopping so much - don't do it. Go to the grocery either very early in the morning (though I imagine the shelf stockers (doing their job) would piss you off or go late at night (have to content with drunks then). You can, in certain areas, have groceries delivered - but I imagine they would do it the way you want either.

2) Being pissed off at everyone doesn't hurt them - IT HURTS YOU.

My mother was like you appear to be, complaints about how 'people' were rude or not doing it right, yadda, yadda, yadda. She never took any action to improve a situation, like talking calmly and kindly to a manager about a complaint, she just bitch'd.

One of the last things she said before she died was "You have no idea how hard it is to be Angry all the time". Bingo.

Dude - you can't change the world, only your reaction to it. The less you react, the better it gets - promise.

I recommend:

"Healing Anger: The Power of Patience from a Buddhist Perspective" by His Holiness the XVI Dalai Lama

and

"Antidotes to Anger: How Not to Lose your Sh*t" by Ian Brennan

And an old, but very good, text on how "People don't Make you Do or Feel Anything" is "Handbook to Higher Consciousness" by Ken Keyes.

Bon Chance

edit on 1-9-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

How often do you shop at Wal-Mart?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
You start a post off with the word hate in the first sentence and then fail to grasp why your experience was so horrible? Is it that hard to figure out?

Bravo.

I responded to the OP and then went on to read the responses and have trouble believing how judgemental and childish the responses are. Not a bit of compassion, consideration or even thought for others - just me, me, me, - I want, I want, I want.

And now I've done it too. LOL. It's a long process.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

NEVER !

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: ketsuko

NEVER !

Then don't talk about what you know nothing about.

We don't shop there often, but on those occasions when we do, all the behaviors the OP mentions are evident in abundance - people cutting you off in the parking lot and fighting over spots and driving like a bat out of hell, people blocking the aisles with their carts and generally just not caring even if they blatantly look at you trying to go down that aisle, children running around like they're on speed with little to no parental supervision, the exact check out issues cited ... I could go on.

I can't say that I hate shopping there, but it's just not my favorite place to go because the experience winds up being frustrating and not conducive to making me want to go back anytime soon. However, I find that the problem is more customer-oriented on the whole than it is store-oriented.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There seems a consensus that Walmart is the worst, we have those here and I would agree, Sainsburys is more civilized, Tesco sort of more civilized, Waitrose and M&S way more civilized but Walmart seems to have more of the angry, slow moving sort that LIKES to block aisles like it is their hobby, that and scowling at people from their motorised carts, lucky those things don't have horns!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Immediately bumped. Food shopping and I are old buddies.
Prep is everything for a clogged store.

I'm an old guy, over 60: the Centrum Silver gets ground up
and orally inhaled -- with a couple of slugs of MY coffee.
In a full cup it would cause immediate cardiac arrest in an
otherwise healthy Belgian draft horse. I'll be the last one to
hold up traffic, my reaction time is .32 after that mix.
Light up the damn tree and be afraid of ME

Then I'm off into the store. Never mind the cart dog-tracking
like Jeff's blue Chevy butt after smacking the turn three wall at
Talledega... I'll drag it around behind me like a dead Dachshund
through traffic if necessary, "Tire snakes cleanup in aisle...
just get the Scotchbrites kids. They're out there." The
adolescent finger that presents a pinch point between your mom's
hack and MY malfunctionoid is comin' off like a Corvette four blade
kissed it. And I did NOT warn you to suck it in did I?

My absolute damned favorite is some morbidly obese female
creature parked at the end of the t-bone, RIGHT NEXT to an
already tipsy kiosk of cheese and cracker modules that will rot
long before half of the bastardized building materials are
purchased. Darwin has already done most of those zugs in
that would buy them for anything but wheel chocks for the
RC monster truck.. you fool you swallowed that stuff??
"Roadblock--- party of one." while her grotesque pink fat
choked ear is pasted to the cell like not having talked to her
twin cousin in twenty years. "Did you ever find daddy?"
The smell fends me off from purchasing avocados every time.

The capper, wierdguy I agree: the express line in every single
store in my town should read "15 Minutes Maximum ". Forget 'items',
a sizeable majority of people young and old can't count that far.
Wait -- we'll have to negotiate with the Checkout Manager for
a part cash deal because the card won't swipe all her nutcakes
and 3.2 Boors. We DO have to watch our girlish figure. No honey
just you... your image is burned into my temporal lobes forever.

I wish to thank the Speaker and the gentleman from (unknown),
and relinquish the rest of my time to this detergent suicide.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

Immediately bumped. Food shopping and I are old buddies.
Prep is everything for a clogged store.

I'm an old guy, over 60: the Centrum Silver gets ground up
and orally inhaled -- with a couple of slugs of MY coffee.
In a full cup it would cause immediate cardiac arrest in an
otherwise healthy Belgian draft horse. I'll be the last one to
hold up traffic, my reaction time is .32 after that mix.
Light up the damn tree and be afraid of ME

Then I'm off into the store. Never mind the cart dog-tracking
like Jeff's blue Chevy butt after smacking the turn three wall at
Talledega...
I'll drag it around behind me like a dead Dachshund
through traffic if necessary, "Tire snakes cleanup in aisle...
just get the Scotchbrites kids. They're out there." The
adolescent finger that presents a pinch point between your mom's
hack and MY malfunctionoid is comin' off like a Corvette four blade
kissed it. And I did NOT warn you to suck it in did I?

My absolute damned favorite is some morbidly obese female
creature parked at the end of the t-bone, RIGHT NEXT to an
already tipsy kiosk of cheese and cracker modules that will rot
long before half of the bastardized building materials are
purchased. Darwin has already done most of those zugs in
that would buy them for anything but wheel chocks for the
RC monster truck.. you fool you swallowed that stuff??
"Roadblock--- party of one." while her grotesque pink fat
choked ear is pasted to the cell like not having talked to her
twin cousin in twenty years. "Did you ever find daddy?"
The smell fends me off from purchasing avocados every time.

The capper, wierdguy I agree: the express line in every single
store in my town should read "15 Minutes Maximum ". Forget 'items',
a sizeable majority of people young and old can't count that far.
Wait -- we'll have to negotiate with the Checkout Manager for
a part cash deal because the card won't swipe all her nutcakes
and 3.2 Boors. We DO have to watch our girlish figure. No honey
just you... your image is burned into my temporal lobes forever.

I wish to thank the Speaker and the gentleman from (unknown),
and relinquish the rest of my time to this detergent suicide.

BEST RESPONSE EVER!

edit on 1-9-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Whoa - a lot of anger of the self-righteous variety.

Anger—How We Transfer Feelings of Guilt, Hurt, and Fear

www.psychologytoday.com...

In fact, those of us who routinely use anger as a “cover-up” to keep our more vulnerable feelings at bay, generally become so adept at doing so that we have little to no awareness of the dynamic driving our behavior.

As I’ve discussed in earlier posts on the subject, anger is the emotion of invulnerability.

Even though the self-empowerment (read, “adrenaline rush”) it immediately offers is bogus, it can yet be extremely tempting to get “attached”—or even “addicted”—to it....

... if we frequently experience another as threatening the way we need to see ourselves (e.g., as important, trustworthy, lovable, etc.).

After all, this is how all psychological defenses work. Simply put, they allow us to escape upsetting, shameful, or anxiety-laden feelings we may not have developed the emotional resources—or ego strength—to successfully cope with.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

I greatly appreciate it AD. Sometimes we get too wrapped up
living in the now. I would prefer while shopping for my kibble
to reflect briefly on how well it's going in the cereal aisle with
its obligatory throng of already glucose pumped puppies---
with the counterbalance of a life full of nothing but
bad anniversaries .

And no-- I shop alone for the sake of my sanity. Moreover, miss not
having grandchildren along, possessed of the previous behavioral
standards of maybe the last few years with the emphasis of a
Buddhist monk packing a third nut. Absolutely a mental liability....

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
I hate going shopping with women, why do you girls have to look at everything on every aisle then when you get to the end of the supermaket start going back looking at stuff again, women make a whole day out of it.

Myself I know exactly what I came in for just get them items pay and go, I'm in and out in 20 minutes no faffing about, when I go with women it's a 2 hour visit.

Flat out answer, because we are sadistic. I hated going shopping until I got married. I still hate going shopping alone. Yet when I am shopping with my husband, I have this overwhelming urge to look at everything there. I assume it is because 10 month ago or even last week he did something to upset me and I am subconsciously using shopping as revenge.

OK, that is NOT a true story except for the part about hating shopping and having a tendency to browse more when the hubby is in tow, but I am sure that is the story he would tell if asked.

I tend to shop at 2 am to avoid crowds. I have noticed that fellow shoppers are vastly different in different parts of the western half U.S. My hubby is from the east coast, he constantly amazed over "the lack of people vying for points for running people over," in the west. He says that is a Virginia thing, can anyone from there confirm this? I just can't fathom it.
edit on 1-9-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I was out and about today getting ready for camping. It was forking nuts out there. I looked over to my wife and said...........when I was single I would go shopping at 10 at night, you were the only one in the store. I hate shopping. I just want to buy what I need and get out. Good and true rant.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Funny how the crybabies are whining about someone ranting inside the rant forum. LMAO! Get over it.

Anyway, it always comes back to being all about stupid people, and how they get in your way day in and day out.

No matter if it's in a grocery store, a restaurant or on the road. You have to wonder how these imbeciles manage to even wipe their own butt in the morning.

~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I hear you.

But one has to check veggies else you could get bad ones and waste your money. its why it is common sense to wash them when you get ready to use them at home. o.0

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Lovely rant and spot on. I LOATHE shopping period but my hubs loves it so it works out. On the rare occurrence that I do make it to our very localized "Piggly Wiggly" store, and feel the rage creeping in I usually check myself and resort to comedy.

Something comes over me and I start entertaining other shoppers by acting weird, doing crazy stuff with my grown kid and our shopping cart and singing the store jingle that is played on the store radio system in between specials, really loud..."shop the Pig!". People come looking for us from other aisles to see who is snort/giggling causing the ruckus and have fun along with us. I get a free audience and love making people laugh. Often others who seem crabby end up stealing my show! Even cranky employees end up having a little fun. Needless to say, I never get invited to go grocery shopping with hubs (he acts like it's a race to be won and I like to looky-loo) but he had no problem with my online Christmas shopping last year...that crowd is too much even for me!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone, it's good to know I'm not alone here.

Markets have always been an integral part of civilization and I'm sure many of the problems that we face today in modern supermarkets also troubled people of ancient times. I probably had an ancient ancestor who stood in a small amphitheatre and preached about how his pack mule keeps on going sideways, or how someone else was served frankincense when he was in line first. With the use of a sheep's bladder, Beezers ancestor would make fart noises and then blame his wife.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy I usually need AC/DC "Thunderstruck" Razors Edge album after a day like that or Pantera. LOL. I usually play very heavy metal after a jaunt like that...the energy...it all helps me "burn off" my rage a little. Your post could have been mine. I was actually gonna come on here today and post a similar thread. Had the worst shopping experiences ever this weekend...but usually, ALL of them are pretty bad anymore. I may add to your rant with a few dealys of my own relevant to that later. Don't want to over run your post tho. Great rant!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join