It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is World war 3 about to break out?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56
I have the simplest, concise answer to the question, you betcha! it's going down.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think one of the original premisses for this thread is that the internet being an interactive form of communication might defeat a propaganda attack launched by a military complex lead special interest group.

Seems unrealistic to believe the PTB has evolved beyond using war as a tool to divide and conquer, would they use the internet kill switch?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
When the first 2 world wars began, I imagine people minus the sources of information we have today were surprised.
But in this internet age, people are connected to many streams of information, some bogus, some truthful.

I don't believe this to be true. There were plenty of stories about Hitler and what he was up to throughout the global press. Really, the only thing that has changed since then is the time at which these events move forward and are reported.

Back then it might take a couple of days for a paper to report on the latest Nazi incursion into another territory, but these days it happens in almost real-time.

There were a lot of events leading up to WW2, and there were plenty of journalists and social and political commentators discussing the potential for war, months before WW2 actually broke out.

And, just another little factoid that some might enjoy - Churchill never made that speech declaring "we are at war with Germany" over the radio prior to the war. It was recorded only after the war for posterity.

originally posted by: droid56
So are we actually being manipulated into WW3, as a plan for the One World Government types, or is this Ukraine thing just a blip on the screen of post 9/11 history?

I refute the entire notion of the NWO. One world government might actually be a good thing too. Regardless of my own opinions, I don't see any evidence to suggest that this is anything other than what it is - Putin invading another country because he has some kind of delusional belief that he can reform the USSR.

I do believe we are in a very similar position to that of pre-WW2. The similarities are pretty remarkable, to the point that someone might believe Putin was reading up on Nazi history and thinks he knows where they went wrong in their quest for global domination. I also believe that western governments are making the same mistakes and refusing to act when they should. I genuinely fear that by the time we realize what Putin is actually planning it will be too late to stop him without a larger conflict risking the lives of millions of people.

I believe Putin is relying on Obama, Cameron and European leaders dithering about what to do, and he knows they're going to do little of real substance until he's directly invaded a NATO country, even then they'll probably waste another few weeks giving "warnings" and saying Russia should back off, creating more sanctions and expelling it from the UN.

We have to wonder just what it's going to take before our governments actually make a military move and act to protect an ally requesting assistance. I sincerely hope that Ukraine and its neighbors directly ask for military assistance, and that we give them plenty of it. If we don't do that soon, it could become a much larger conflict down the road.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: mazzroth

Well don't think the USA can beat Russia conventionally, they couldn't win in Iraq which is 20 times smaller and less equipped.

LOL ... you should've been next to me during Desert Storm.

Yea LOL. They are constantly trying to "Vietnamize" our wars with Iraq.

And don't anyone be deluded. Currently there are many ways, many areas, many reasons that could spark off WWIII. It will be a very ugly affair.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
With unfunded liabilities of 222 Trillion you can see why Obama is poking the bear with sticks. Instead of facing a massive economic collapse in US he prefers to start a major war in Europe.

Russia has the tanks to storm through Europe and Putin has his forces prepared to do so at a moments notice.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
them dang things is PRICEY!
I think we are ALREADY in it or they are pushing HARD for it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

picture it like THIS
US ARMY=Hulk
Iraq 4th largest army on the planet=LOKI
THAT was Desert Storm
The US deployed an army that WAS NOT blooded against an army of COMBAT vets WELL trained buy RUSSIA against IRAN.
It didn't help them.RUSSIANS and MOST of the ARMIES on earth GO BY THEIR book because they CANNOT function well otherwise. Americans CONSTANTLY improvise beyond their training.
RUSSIAN would be TROUNCED and would HAVE to go NUCLEAR to save their country if they tried.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Double post sooooooooo I would like to that say this isn't a good idea so we should not behave like that....it's rude.
edit on 26-9-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

picture it like THIS
US ARMY=Hulk
Iraq 4th largest army on the planet=LOKI
THAT was Desert Storm
The US deployed an army that WAS NOT blooded against an army of COMBAT vets WELL trained buy RUSSIA against IRAN.
It didn't help them.RUSSIANS and MOST of the ARMIES on earth GO BY THEIR book because they CANNOT function well otherwise. Americans CONSTANTLY improvise beyond their training.
RUSSIAN would be TROUNCED and would HAVE to go NUCLEAR to save their country if they tried.

I don't want to appear to be an antagonist but are you serious ? surely not. Americans don't like to be shot back at and get all upset when one of their Planes goes down, not to mention the overkill they always use to defeat a half dozen kids with no training and a pop gun. Look at the billions of dollars they use to fight desert arabs with a couple of AK47's and a herd of camels ? if Russia used its military the same way the Americans would be squealing "Unfair" and be crying cheats which is weak.

I wonder what would happen if a Muslim piloting a drone took out a wedding party back in the USA ? then come out and said..."Collateral Damage" but I got the Enemy anyway ! If the US had war on its home soil for a change things would be vastly different and I bet if they got a taste of the hard ships they would be thinking twice about starting all the wars it has in the last 50 years.

Say "NO" to war and violence, its about time people just said no more War we're not going to this one, in fact we'll sit it out. Here is your day glo vest and parachute, pack your own ammo and purchase your own ticket to the war you want to start Mr Obama and fire the first shot your self.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

I DID it myself I was there WERE YOU?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

So you mean to tell me you don't believe it began in 2001?

soldiers from 49 different countries are still in afghanistan, at war.

That's a big part of the world participating in a war, in the past something we called a "world war."

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

So far only Americans are and whatever puppet country America owns.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If or when WWIII begins, which may come sooner than lately sadly, heck it may have already started. This War will not be a matter of who is the most powerful, it will be a battle for the human race. Things are going to change, but I believe it is in our hands, The one's who believe that Peace is possible, who believe that good can defeat evil and believe that as human beings we have a right to our own freedom and develop our own thoughts. Together, WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD. BECAUSE THIS IS OUR HOME, WE ARE ALL THE SAME DEEP DOWN!

We need to prove Orwell that we learned from him, we need to let the world know that War is not Peace, War is Evil.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join