It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine crisis: T-72 tank shoots hole in Russian denial

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

That's the stupidest reply ever. If they launched a nuke they would be nuked in return, and instead of losing a war they would lose their entire country. When they were forced to surrender in the Cold War did they launch nukes? Seriously, think before you post stupid stuff.
edit on 1-9-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
the UK is getting a f-35 base but i dont know if its just a launch pad for international use, i dont know if they will be scrambled for UK defense.

UK is getting F-35's. Theirs, not US ones stationed there. Of course they have their own suite of electronics, not the US suite.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That's the stupidest reply ever. If they launched a nuke they would be nuked in return, and instead of losing a war they would lose their entire country. When they were forced to surrender in the Cold War did they launch nukes? Seriously, think before you post stupid stuff.

Before responding you actually might want inform yourself about it.

And don`t ask for proof from me, you clearly haven`t done your homework in a very long while !

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Oh yes because it's proven Russia would just nuke everyone. Please.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Since 1992 America has been meddling in this country

So they helped train them, you still ignored the question?

Has the US sent any military equipment to Ukraine?

Care to answer that or are you just going to side step it? Training a military on how to do certain things is a big difference to sending military equipment to them to fight the Russian backed separatists.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
the UK is getting a f-35 base but i dont know if its just a launch pad for international use, i dont know if they will be scrambled for UK defense.

UK is getting F-35's. Theirs, not US ones stationed there. Of course they have their own suite of electronics, not the US suite.

And they actually have to make it to service...which is still a ways away.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
All these Tanks were bought by Ukraine for scrap value only..

They are not the modern tanks used by the Russians..

This thread belongs in the Hoax section as it is proven

to be Western Warmongers stiring the Pot..

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

And don`t ask for proof from me, you clearly haven`t done your homework in a very long while !

I seriously doubt Russia would fire Nukes, even if they faced losing a war. MAD still applies today. Occams may not always be polite in his replies, but he is correct in stating Russia would rather lose a war with a chance of being somewhere and something in the future than lose everything in mutually assured destruction.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

www.politifact.com...

Amazing...Dick Cheney is now the truth, but when it comes to a certain other conflict (Iraq) he lied.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

I seriously doubt Russia would fire Nukes, even if they faced losing a war. MAD still applies today. Occams may not always be polite in his replies, but he is correct in stating Russia would rather lose a war with a chance of being somewhere and something in the future than lose everything in mutually assured destruction.

Think again :

Meanwhile, Russia Casually Announces It Will Use Nukes If Attacked

... into what Putin has made very clear is his brand new sphere of influence (it is unclear just why the US is responding in such a way: did the pro-Europe protesters not use Made in the US tear gas or chemical weapons?), Russia casually threw it out there earlier today that it would use nuclear weapons if it comes under an attack. As vice prime minister and defense industry chief made clear, "One can experiment as long as one wishes by deploying non-nuclear warheads on strategic missile carriers. But one should keep in mind that if there is an attack against us, we will certainly resort to using nuclear weapons in certain situations to defend our territory and state interests." Just in case it wasn't quite clear..

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mfc1PLAZMUH

All these Tanks were bought by Ukraine for scrap value only..

They are not the modern tanks used by the Russians..

This thread belongs in the Hoax section as it is proven

to be Western Warmongers stiring the Pot..

Really because the Russians are the only ones who use the T 72MB as it has been shown, but of course you know more about the Russian military than those who do study them for a living.

Hoax you say...The tanks exist so how is it a hoax?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a tank is a tank.

Who cares what model it is when its driving at you, its a powerful combat vehicle and you dont want to be in its sights even if you are also in a tank!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Wrong they threatened Ukraine with the use of nukes if they try to take Crimea back.

thediplomat.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

a tank is a tank.

But when it is a Russian tank only Russia uses and it is seen driving in Ukraine there is a problem, especially when Russia denies sending military equipment to Ukraine.

Those tanks don't just magically show up one day, unless Santa is making his rounds early this year.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Wrong they threatened Ukraine with the use of nukes if they try to take Crimea back.

thediplomat.com...

And it's a classic talk big psyop, done a thousand times over since the 50's.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I hope the Ukraine becomes a full member of NATO and requests troops to secure its borders.

Then I hope those troops get lost and end up in Crimea.
edit on 9 1 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

did you see the movie lord of war?

I dont know how accurate or factual it really is, but corrupt generals selling off equipment i can totally believe.

They could be there illegally through weapon trades they could also be there because russia did send some in. sadly we arnt going to find out

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Yes I did and it was pretty good, but remember it is a hollywood movie.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't think they would sell them a tank that no other country uses as that just sticks out like a sore thumb especially when Russia is the only country using that model.

Too easy to track back to them.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Yes I did and it was pretty good, but remember it is a hollywood movie.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't think they would sell them a tank that no other country uses as that just sticks out like a sore thumb especially when Russia is the only country using that model.

Too easy to track back to them.

thats a good point, its like a (no pun intended) a big red flag for either the wrong people using it and for their actual presence.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Yes America has sent Ukraine body armour,gear,communication set ups,medical stuff for the troops,night vision goggles and even army rations!

Officially no weapons but looking at the American embassy site I listed shows the goods they have sent and of course more will be sent

Let's also not forget the spooks we have over there

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join