It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Useless insurance charges and the hoops you jump through!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So Friday I finally had my pesky gallbladder removed. It was done via laproscopic and I was home the same day.

Well one thing irked me. They made me take a pregnancy test and I have NO tubes!! I can't get pregnant. The whole point of having my tubes removed in May was to not be able to get pregnant again. I had one that was damaged and needed to come out so I just had them take both. I have had to take a few since then and it's just a waste of charges to my insurance and then ME!

I find it ridiculous that the wouldn't do my surgery unless I took the damn test. Sure many will say just take it but that isn't the point. The point is it's a useless procedure and yet they will charge my insurance some stupid amount of money for it. Heck even the nurse thought it was stupid and joked about how insurance companies are with what they will pay for and what they won't.

I jumped through hoops for three months over my gallbladder. I saw multiple doctors and each said the same and each charged me a ridiculous amount to tell me the same thing. I paid a fee for each visit where I waited longer to see the doctor than my time was with the doctor.

I don't know anymore but the insurance world is just whacked! The last time I had insurance was in 2007 and boy things have changed!

When I needed MRIs omg it was insane what I went through to get them. I still need one more yet insurance loves to fight paying for those even though they have been VERY helpful with certain diagnosis.

I know people will say be happy you have it but when you can't afford to use the insurance you pay $500 a month for well it gets depressing and stressful!

edit on 8/31/2014 by mblahnikluver because: Hit enter too soon. On my phone and it's a little hard to type.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I have a family member in the health insurance industry and oh the stories she tells...
You would not believe the charges that are sent to them. Pregnancy test for a male,$8 aspirin and so on.
There is a lot of fraud coming across her desk. Couple that with the cost of healthcare and the insurance companies have to look into everything.
On a side note my daughter had a foot surgery. My wife and I had to sign a waver so they would not have to give her a pregnancy test,,,, she's 11 yrs old! That was a state regulation I believe but guess who would be charged for that useless test?
It an endless game..

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Wow 11! That's nuts.

I had an upper endoscopy done a month ago and refused the test and had to sign a waiver. I thought it was ridiculous.

I would not be surprised at all what kind of charges your friend sees!

When I had my accident years ago I was charged $100 for two damn pills!!! It's insane.

Don't even get me started on prescription meds especially generic and the scam there. They are NOT the same and trying to get the name brand is almost impossible and if you do the cost is outrageous.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Hello stranger, long time no see!
Your one of the last people I spoke to in 2011 before I went rogue, lol.

Insurance is the pits and liability insursnce controls the roost! They did a similar stunt with my daughter's tooth spacer, they wanted an x-ray of the missing tooth before approving it, but the dentist wouldn't pull the tooth before they ok'ed the spacer.

So back and forth it went until they realized a 7 year old with an abcessed tooth is probably a bad thing to leave in her mouth. Meanwhile, I felt it was all just a stall tactic to get me to just pay out of pocket, which if she was in pain and didn't get antibiotics I probably would have had to do.

Hope you feel better, take care Ttys. . . AB

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
My husband and I have disagreed over the benefits of insurance. He has always had insurance; I have paid cash at time of service. Last year, he had added me to his insurance for obvious reasons, and I was shocked at the bill we received from a regular check up visit! After the insurance paid their portion, my co-pay was still the amount I would have paid in cash, with the exception of added extra labwork, just to be sure! Never would have done that if I knew the outrageous prices they were going to charge. Naturally, I was greatly disappointed.

My husband Is still happy to pay out for our insurance. His stance is that 'if' we need to be admitted into the hospital...it will all balance out then. Myself, I don't know whether to be angry at the insurance industry or the medical industry for taken advantage of me? Or both?

What about you? Who do you think is taking advantage in your medical situation?
edit on 9 1 2014 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Hello stranger, long time no see!
Your one of the last people I spoke to in 2011 before I went rogue, lol.

Hey there!! Glad you are back! I don't get on here as much as I use to now that I have a little one. He will be 15 months tomorrow. I read more than I post and it's hard to post on my phone.

Insurance is the pits and liability insursnce controls the roost! They did a similar stunt with my daughter's tooth spacer, they wanted an x-ray of the missing tooth before approving it, but the dentist wouldn't pull the tooth before they ok'ed the spacer.

So back and forth it went until they realized a 7 year old with an abcessed tooth is probably a bad thing to leave in her mouth. Meanwhile, I felt it was all just a stall tactic to get me to just pay out of pocket, which if she was in pain and didn't get antibiotics I probably would have had to do.

Hope you feel better, take care Ttys. . . AB

Yea I had some dental work done and was kind of upset because a week after I had the filling I started having sensitivity in the tooth they filled. I never had that before. Well they then said I needed a root canal but then I wouldn't be able to get the other work done because the root canal would take up the remainder of my dental insurance. It's such a scam anymore! I opted out if the root canal and to wait and see what happens and if it gets better. If it die at I will just yank the tooth. It's the last molar on the bottom left. I won't miss it lol

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
My husband and I have disagreed over the benefits of insurance. He has always had insurance; I have paid cash at time of service. Last year, he had added me to his insurance for obvious reasons, and I was shocked at the bill we received from a regular check up visit! After the insurance paid their portion, my co-pay was still the amount I would have paid in cash, with the exception of added extra labwork, just to be sure! Never would have done that if I knew the outrageous prices they were going to charge. Naturally, I was greatly disappointed.

Yea out of pocket costs even with insurance is insane! I had my tubes removed in May and we paid $400 and just last week I got a bill for an additional $200. They said it was my portion and I was confused because we were already told our portion and we paid it before surgery! So I have to call the insurance tomorrow to get that straight. Places here won't even see you until you have paid! They take their co pay upfront where when I had insurance in previous years they took that last! It's nuts. When they call thy ask for your payment upfront before they even schedule you!

I had blood work done and they wanted my credit card. I didn't want them to have it because she said it would be charged if I had a balance yet I would NOT know what it was and they would charge it when needed. I told her I would not give her my card and I would not allow charges without me knowing what and when. Hello I need to make sure I have money in the bank first! She said ok they didn't need it. I was shocked because every time before they wouldn't see me unless I handed my card to them. I had a credit card before but we got rid of it so I use my debit card. I guarantee they don't need your card and nobody questions it so they don't realize they can say no! I question anything when it comes to money!

My husband Is still happy to pay out for our insurance. His stance is that 'if' we need to be admitted into the hospital...it will all balance out then. Myself, I don't know whether to be angry at the insurance industry or the medical industry for taken advantage of me? Or both?

I met my deductible early in the year due to MRIs and surgery. I keep telling my husband I'm going to use it as much as possible til the end of the year esp since my deductible has been met! I am angry at the inflated costs of procedures and the BS they make you go through for things like an MRI. I also don't like getting generic meds, there IS a difference.

What about you? Who do you think is taking advantage in your medical situation?

I think it's the insurance and medical facilities. What they charge for some procedures is just insane! My own doctor though isn't fond of the system and voices how corrupt it is and how it only hurts patients instead of helping them. I've compared procedures from the states to other countries and lets just say our medical system is a big money making business! It's sick!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Insurance companies are a MAIN FISCAL GENERATOR for TPTB.

9/11 was used to recycle money for TPTB, the same money going in,was taken out three-fold, profits were made on the build and the destruction,Insurance companies get the masses to put in money and they in an organised fashion DENY major claims to the MAJORITY ,and from time to time they STEAL THE KITTY,by endorsing and paying out on MASSIVE MULIT-BILLION DOLLAR CLAIMS TO THEMSELVES.

One primary arm of the informl Cabal makes a KILLING off of the build,and another peripheral stakeholder sitting in the weeds away from the action gets their pay-off from the Insurance scams.TWO PRIMARY groups at a bare minimum benefitted from 9/11 and they likely layered three or four Patsy groups ahead and on top of themselves as early warning systems and speed bumps to anyone hunting them.

Workers Compensation Insurance is a huge income stream.

Auto Insurance.

Building Insurance,you name it.

The Titanic was really the LUCITANIA,and this was yet another example of this Cabal at work,one we can use to identify them and the impacts and trails of the fiscal earings they generated,no matter where they ended up or how many times TPTB tried to "launder the money".

It has been a long time coming,this inquisition into the Global Cabals workings, once the Insurance industry manipulations are disclosed the path to TPTB will be clear,they got greedy,thought there would be no way to trail or tail them,thought they were making the rules from the Judges down so disclosure was impossible,they UNDER-ESTIMATED the impacts of Cyber-Space and the Internet.

Dig hard on the insurance side of things,this is how you follow the REAL MONEY to where it was GENERATED and to where IT CARRIED ITS IMPACTS NEXT.Money never stops moving but it does leave a clear and distinct DYNAMIC TRAIL,a 100% accurate non-negotiable trail.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
At least they let you tie your tubes. I know so many women fighting that alone.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
So Friday I finally had my pesky gallbladder removed. It was done via laproscopic and I was home the same day.

Well one thing irked me. They made me take a pregnancy test and I have NO tubes!! I can't get pregnant. The whole point of having my tubes removed in May was to not be able to get pregnant again. I had one that was damaged and needed to come out so I just had them take both. I have had to take a few since then and it's just a waste of charges to my insurance and then ME!

I find it ridiculous that the wouldn't do my surgery unless I took the damn test. Sure many will say just take it but that isn't the point. The point is it's a useless procedure and yet they will charge my insurance some stupid amount of money for it. Heck even the nurse thought it was stupid and joked about how insurance companies are with what they will pay for and what they won't.

I jumped through hoops for three months over my gallbladder. I saw multiple doctors and each said the same and each charged me a ridiculous amount to tell me the same thing. I paid a fee for each visit where I waited longer to see the doctor than my time was with the doctor.

I don't know anymore but the insurance world is just whacked! The last time I had insurance was in 2007 and boy things have changed!

When I needed MRIs omg it was insane what I went through to get them. I still need one more yet insurance loves to fight paying for those even though they have been VERY helpful with certain diagnosis.

I know people will say be happy you have it but when you can't afford to use the insurance you pay $500 a month for well it gets depressing and stressful!

ALL Insurance Compnies function basiclly the same ways , I wil speak to the one that screwed me personally. Workers Compensation is a critical income source for TPTB.

They try to dis-enfranchise the bulk of their claimants,and to do this they force people to take the most damaging dangerous painfull tests and operations,with no regard for the person.

You may have mountains of data showing the tests or curative measures W.C.B demands are dangerous or regressive,HOWEVER even if you have 4 or 5 independant Dr.s who support you you are screwed,because all the insurance company needs to do is have their horrible dangerous painfull regressive therapies ENDORSED BY MEDICAL BOARDS AND GOVERNING BODIES,who they contribute millions and millions of dollars to peripherally and have in their back pockets.
So all W.C.B does is have a crooked Dr. they pay lots of cash to recommend an oficially endorsed Frankenstein test or operation which will hurt and maybe kill the claiment then FORCE this specific test or treatment forward AGAINST PEER ENORSED GROUP ADVICE TO THE CONTRARY using the "rules" they have conspired to build into the system itself,rules designed from the beginningto disenfranchise claiments by proxy.

You MAY FIND GOOD Dr.s out there who will swear to you they are giving you the best advice,MULTIPLE AGREEING DOCTORS......but W.C.B will STILL punish and maybe even kill you to dis-enfranchise you from making a sucessfull claim.

Every day that passes brings MORE AND MORE CORROBERTED DATA which courts and settlements and logistics used to suppress and this osmosis to the Public Domain of usable court evidence generated online in non-trditionl manners is quickly bringing us ALL closer to fixing this manipulated and CRIMINAL Insurance System.

ALL insurance Systems work based on the same TEMPLATE,in fact ALL TPTB Fiscal Generators work based on an Identical Template,once you see how to bust and catch ONE you understand THEM ALL because they put all of their eggs in one dynamic basket which we can NOW SEE THROUGH.

The same people who sunk the Lucitania and murdered all those people have been killing and maiming MILLIONS every year using the W.C.B Insurance Industry to facilitate their crimes through dis-enfanchisement and criminally cataysed denials,not to mention the criminal acts of forcing people to take painful tests and dangerous operations in a definable historical series of long term collusional actions, these same people screw everyone via the Auto-Insurance Industry and EVERY INSURANCE SYSTEM IN EXISTANCE...they all work for the same people.These same Global Cabal members also built and destroyed the Twin Towers killing hundreds of thousands peripherlly in the ensuing conflicts,they built and destroyed the Lucitania and screwed Humanity,then all these years later they repeated the pattern with the Twin Towers and BLEW THEIR COVER AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME IN HUMAN HISTORY, they got greedy because the internet scared them,and they went back to the trough one to many times,and left a pattern for everyone to follow,one leading right to their back-doors.

As you can see I have an affinity for W.CB and their murderous criminal actions, but I also have them to thank for ripping me off like the rest of the World,getting my attention motivating me and putting me behind this computer screen so I can help the rest of the World out them for the Criminals they are.It will be one person very much like me or nother W.CB VICTIM who catalyses the end of the road for W.C.B and their Global Cabal bosses.Maybe thats what you get for trying to save a dime off of the back of the wrong person.Had W.C.B not screwed me,I never would have found the internet and found the time disadvantaged or not to LEARN who to respond to or how to do so,thankfully there ARE ways to make TPTB pay epic prices for their mis-deeds,billions dollar prices generted from a computer keyboard.

W.C.B forgot the numbers reality,they got greedy and screwed to many people right up to the advent of the internet which is now screweing them big time,or soon will be,simply because the fools artificially BUILT an INFORMATION ARMY by not paying to get people back to work and helthy and productive,where did they think thousands upon thousands of victims of their FRAUDS would go?......oops I forgot there was no Internet when they built their Trojan Horse so they thought no one would ever be heard ha ha ha.....instead they created an empowered vocal minority with TRUTH on their side in a World BEGGING FOR THINGS TO FIX.A THOUSANDS STRONG ARMY that has truth,cyber-space,and the morale Majority on their side.

It will cost these Insurance Frauds dearly in the long run,and they show no signs of changing their ways,even as the hammer is coming down on them.

edit on 1-9-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
They were removed not tied. One was damaged and it had to come out, no other options. So my doctor said since she was going to be in there she could take the other one instead of tying it. I also had a non cancerous tumor removed. So mine wasn't an elective procedure it was done for medical reasons.

I had asked about getting them ties after I had my son and was told I would have to take a counseling class before insurance would pay for it. Things were different once I found out I had to have one removed anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

They were removed not tied. One was damaged and it had to come out, no other options. So my doctor said since she was going to be in there she could take the other one instead of tying it. I also had a non cancerous tumor removed. So mine wasn't an elective procedure it was done for medical reasons.

I had asked about getting them ties after I had my son and was told I would have to take a counseling class before insurance would pay for it. Things were different once I found out I had to have one removed anyway.

Tied/Removed I was talking about the same thing. The fact you had to take a counseling class had you not had a medical reason PROVES my point...at least you could get it done. I know women who want no kids or had a kid can't get their tubes clipped, burned, removed the whole bit. I know one who had a preggers in the tube and it ruptured and they STILL didn't remove nor fix the damage. Insurance wouldn't cover it they said.

Crazy all the same.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Tied/Removed I was talking about the same thing. The fact you had to take a counseling class had you not had a medical reason PROVES my point...at least you could get it done. I know women who want no kids or had a kid can't get their tubes clipped, burned, removed the whole bit. I know one who had a preggers in the tube and it ruptured and they STILL didn't remove nor fix the damage. Insurance wouldn't cover it they said.

Crazy all the same.

WHAT! She had an ectopic pregnancy and they still wouldn't remove it after it ruptured? That is insane. A ruptured tube can cause all kinds of problems. Wow.

Yea it's all about the money. I laughed when I was told I had to take counseling the first time when I asked. Yet people can have kids they dont' want any time they want. Funny yet I need the counseling. The world is backwards in so many ways.

I dont' know where you are but in the states tubal removal and tying of the tubes is quite common. Many times they do it during the c-section if you are having one. I had an emergency c section so I never even though of it then.

I had fluid in one of mine and I had endometriosis bad on my tubes so I had to have them removed, well one had to but i chose to have both removed. I'm quite happy because I no longer have mind numbing cramps that make me sick as a dog for two days. It's something I am not use to as a female since I've always had very painful monthlies. I hope your friend can get some relief. I can only imagine how that feels.

new topics

top topics

join