It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Ice Age

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeakI started following the coming ice age in 2008 when the sun was spotless 266 days out of the 365. My family's starting to think all my crazy conspiracy theory stuff isn't so crazy.

Iv

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak
Oh you would be surprised how fast water or H2O as its know in some circles freezes when things drop down just a few degrees. Would be something to see though if in a few short 20 to 50 years we would get the mile high ice sheets again, all it would take is a bit of a shift and cooling down and its far from inconceivable or make believe. After all planet earth still has the scars from the last ice ages, little or otherwise.

And as for the floods during the warm periods, been to the scablands here in WA once or twice as a summer trip, and its always impressive what a bit of ice and water can do, it definitely leaves a lasting impression on the land, a giant metal plow hundreds of miles wide and reaching into the sky could not do any better.

But hey its nothing new ya know. Wax on, wax off.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Oh you would be surprised how fast water or H2O as its know in some circles freezes when things drop down just a few degrees.
Unless you start at 3ÂșC, it won't freeze at all with a drop of a few degrees.

Would be something to see though if in a few short 20 to 50 years we would get the mile high ice sheets again, all it would take is a bit of a shift and cooling down and its far from inconceivable or make believe.
No. It would take a pretty major shift and cooling to do that.

After all planet earth still has the scars from the last ice ages, little or otherwise.
What scars from the "LIA?"

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
You again, I remember you, your the dolphin guy who did not know anything about dolphins from that one thread some years ago. Mister smarty pants eh! Trying to argue with progressive facts using static facts, on dolphin skin texture.

But ya! on that iceages thing. I mean really dolphin dude, what you say does make sense, when your going to your fridge to pull out a ice cold beer. So ya! Off course it will dude. Its happened before, and consistently throughout this planets existence, its not a stretch of the imagination that it will happen again, in one capacity or another.

Climate change deniers, well maybe they should change there moto to climate change anti taxers, lets charge that cow and that guy driving his Prius when we got factories pumping out things into the atmosphere per day that they cow and the guy in his car does per year. And since corporations are people now...Well ya know! K ching $$$.

Because if its one thing that has been consistent in these few short 500 million years or so is that the climate has consistently and constantly changed...The day it does not change is the day we all can put our collective heads between our legs and kiss our asses goodby.

What scars from the "LIA?"

LIA! I take to mean little ice age. That or Liberal Intentional Apricot. But ya, little ice ages, tiny ice ages, big ice ages, medium ice ages, semi medium ice ages, irregular semi little big ice ages. All have left scars on the planets of there coming and goings. However the apricots will not survive. Its sad I know, but such is life.

No. It would take a pretty major shift and cooling to do that.

Sorry I don't consider mile high ice sheets reaching down into Canada and bordering WA USA as a major shift. That would be preposterous, I consider that a semi medium shift. But it just depends on what your categorizations your basing things on.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Here is the arctic ice information. The truth is, there has been an increase in ice.

Arctic has shrunk and recovered in recent times but the GW crowd doesn't like questioning recent history as it proves that CO2 has little to do with the cycles. My guess is the recent finding of a Pacific Decadal Oscillation may have a lot to do with the variations. The PDO is similar to El Nino but with a North South bias.

Ice cores show that Antarctic land ice varies over periods that align to total solar irradiance.

Source
edit on 11 7 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join